What is your city known for?

I live in Windsor, Ontario. All we're known for now is lack of auto industries :/ and maybe the big fireworks display on the Detroit River? :confused3

Saratoga Springs..."Spa City"

-Known mostly for the horse racing, which takes over town in the summertime. It's super old fashioned, there's a section (the box seat area, of course) that if you're wearing jeans or shorts, you're not even allowed up to look at it! I worked there this past summer.

-The famous Springs, all around town. They were thought to have healing powers. People still come from all over the bottle it, although there's only one or two springs I would drink from, most of them taste like iron, blech!

-The Yaddo Gardens are here, home to the creepist house ever. Sylvia Plath and Truman Capote have both stayed there, love them.

-And of course, Disney created a resort around it!

resort_saratogasprings1.jpg

Although I am new in town, Piqua Ohio is the home of the Mills Brothers.

That and a lot of corn and soybeans seems to be the local claim to fame.

Grew up in Holliston MA, that doesn't have anything memorable. A great place to grow up, but not much to brag about!

Hmmm, the things that Dallas Texas are known for:

The Kennedy Assassination on November 22, 1963
Home to more Fortune 500 companies than any other city in the nation.
Is the fourth largest metro in the nation. It's home to almost 7 million people and is only smaller than new york, los angeles, and chicago.
Home to the original Six Flags.
It is also home to the original Neiman Marcus.

Dallas is known for having a big Ego. :)

I don't know much more then that.

We have the 14th largest public school district in the nation. This is not a good thing, it is just a fact.

We have nearly the highest number of restaurants per capita than any other city (there are a few that beat us, but not many).

Some of the stores in NorthPark mall are the only location of that shop in the nation. Of course I don't recall WHICH shops. :rolleyes1

We have a bunch of sports teams.

We had that TV show. You know, "Dallas".

We have a raging gang/drug/murder problem, but they probably don't put that in the tourism brochures. ;)

Well being that my home town (Columbus, OH) and where I reside now (Savannah, GA) were covered on the first page, perhaps I should move so I can contribute.

Well being that my home town (Columbus, OH) and where I reside now (Savannah, GA) were covered on the first page, perhaps I should move so I can contribute.

:rotfl: dont move just to amuse us :P

Why the heck not? :confused3

SOMEbody's going to have to do something to amuse us! Moving just might do it!:thumbsup2

OR, we could all offer suggestions for places for MousketeerOvaHere to move! :banana: Wouldn't that be fun!

:rotfl2:

Why the heck not? :confused3

SOMEbody's going to have to do something to amuse us! Moving just might do it!:thumbsup2

OR, we could all offer suggestions for places for MousketeerOvaHere to move! :banana: Wouldn't that be fun!

:rotfl2:

Move to Canada ! We have free healthcare, polar bears, the 2010 Olympics, and me :cool2:

Move to Canada ! We have free healthcare, polar bears, the 2010 Olympics, and me :cool2:

We have polar bears down here too!

At least that's what I've heard the bears who have gone all grey called :rotfl2:

There's other things you could do to spice this up.
Set yourself on fire.
A provocative dance number with a snake.
Make out with another DIS member...

Set yourself on fire.

Or make out with a snake while on fire...

Saratoga Springs..."Spa City"

-Known mostly for the horse racing, which takes over town in the summertime. It's super old fashioned, there's a section (the box seat area, of course) that if you're wearing jeans or shorts, you're not even allowed up to look at it! I worked there this past summer.

-The famous Springs, all around town. They were thought to have healing powers. People still come from all over the bottle it, although there's only one or two springs I would drink from, most of them taste like iron, blech!

-The Yaddo Gardens are here, home to the creepist house ever. Sylvia Plath and Truman Capote have both stayed there, love them.

-And of course, Disney created a resort around it!

resort_saratogasprings1.jpg

I saw one of those travel shows, they went to saratoga and talked about the springs

Set yourself on fire.

:scared1:

Belfast Northern Ireland.
probably best known for Bombing shooting and rioting , in recent history.
The Titanic was built here,The worlds biggest Dry Dock, and George Best- greatest soccer player in the world, some will disagree, but for those that saw him play, all know.
And most people who visit here say, the people are the friendliest in the world.

Well, you had me until you mentioned all that polar bear business.

wallyb said:
Set yourself on fire.

Talk about a warm welcome.

I'll pass, I saw the results of how it turned out for that protesting Monk.

rpmdfw said:
OR, we could all offer suggestions for places for MousketeerOvaHere to move! Wouldn't that be fun!

I'm open for suggestions. I was over this place (SAV) 5 mins after getting here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter