• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what is with the WDW park hour calendar??

Boardwalk Gal

Lean not on your own understanding.
So I am planning the Sept WDW trip for someone and planning the DDP as well. I go to the Disney website to see the hours for September 2018 and it only showing hours for up to Sept 3rd for today..which coincidently is 180 days from now. Since WHEN does Disney only show the park hours 180 days before exactly?? That has never been done like this before. Come on, Disney..show the month, at least!

Is there a reason why Disney is doing this? Does it have to do with planning the DDP since we can't book it until 180 days before but it would sure be nice to know the hour's way ahead of time of the DDP booking.

Really!! :sad2:

As GADisneyDad14 kindly advised hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
You will get about 10 more days

Thank you and tried it. But it still does not show all of the vacation days. have to wait for little longer.
I just think it stinks they are doing it this way. I remember the days you used to be able to see 6 months ahead! Still don't understand why they are doing it this way. I have to now rely on the unofficial site.

The new Disney normal when it comes to park calendars, for better or worse. Has been this way for many months now.

The method PP posted will show you 180+10 days, but outside of that there currently aren’t any other calendar options, other than educated guesses.

The new Disney normal when it comes to park calendars, for better or worse. Has been this way for many months now.

The method PP posted will show you 180+10 days, but outside of that there currently aren’t any other calendar options, other than educated guesses.

Well, that explains it, I have not been to WDW since Sept 2016. I don't like this new normal!:sad2::sad2:

I found the month on the unofficial site that seems to be legit. :rolleyes1

Well, that explains it, I have not been to WDW since Sept 2016. I don't like this new normal!:sad2::sad2:

I found the month on the unofficial site that seems to be legit. :rolleyes1

Legit except for maybe MK closing at 6pm Friday/Saturday Sept 7-8. It will likely make the other parks a bit busier on those days and MK even busier on non 6pm closings (especially the following Monday).

This happened to us several weeks ago. Had to go in each and everyday to make 180 day ADR, as they added the next day one at a time.

With all the events starting up in September I am not surprised by it. I'm used the park hours changing very close to our trips. Just have to be flexible.

As GADisneyDad14 kindly advised hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
You will get about 10 more days

I'm still a bit out (October visit) but when I try that, it's blacked out for me.

I just checked for our trip. Disney shows MK closing early (at 6pm) on Mon 9/03, Thurs 9/06, and Friday 9/07.
Anyone know what that's about?

Keep Ann eye on those park hours. They were different at 180 when we made dining reservations and when we made FP at 60 days. It made us rethink our plan and we had to change things around.

Keep Ann eye on those park hours. They were different at 180 when we made dining reservations and when we made FP at 60 days. It made us rethink our plan and we had to change things around.

They will probably change again closer to the date, they usually do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter