What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

Ok gmeh, I have been reading the posts for days now. I will be picking up on EA Exec Oct 4. Please no flames or anything, but I am hoping beyond hope that I get SOME kind of 7 passenger vehicle. This is the first time that I am trying to get a specific vehicle from the EA. In the past when I pick out my car, there were always a van or two but I did not need one then. I was always able to pick an SUV but I did not see any Tahoes or Suburbans, but I have seen reports of them on the Exec aisle once and a while. What I am asking you gmeh is that since my past October trips I saw vans on the aisle do you think I will get on this time since I will be looking for one and if I don't see any what are my chances of asking for one? I have read about other EA members asking and not raising a fuss for a van and they got one. I dont think I will get burned by Columbus Day since that is a week later.

Also just my two cents about National catering to business customers. I am not a business traveller and I LOVE my EA Exec priviliges. I love the fact that I dont have to deal with the counter at all and I always get a real nice car from either side of the aisle. I think Alamo and Enterprise should do the same thing since they are all the same company now.

Thanks very much.

Ok gmeh, I have been reading the posts for days now. I will be picking up on EA Exec Oct 4. Please no flames or anything, but I am hoping beyond hope that I get SOME kind of 7 passenger vehicle. This is the first time that I am trying to get a specific vehicle from the EA. In the past when I pick out my car, there were always a van or two but I did not need one then. I was always able to pick an SUV but I did not see any Tahoes or Suburbans, but I have seen reports of them on the Exec aisle once and a while. What I am asking you gmeh is that since my past October trips I saw vans on the aisle do you think I will get on this time since I will be looking for one and if I don't see any what are my chances of asking for one? I have read about other EA members asking and not raising a fuss for a van and they got one. I dont think I will get burned by Columbus Day since that is a week later.

Also just my two cents about National catering to business customers. I am not a business traveller and I LOVE my EA Exec priviliges. I love the fact that I dont have to deal with the counter at all and I always get a real nice car from either side of the aisle. I think Alamo and Enterprise should do the same thing since they are all the same company now.

Thanks very much.

This may or may not be a good indicator... but National wants a LOT of money for cars/vans/SUVs that week if you don't have a good contract. I am going 9/30 to 10/7. Booked car today Put in my dates without a contract just to see what I could get. (Sometimes it's cheaper then my contract)

:rotfl2: They wanted about $500 for a full size and close to $1,000 for the "specialities" (vans convertibles etc...) I figure if they are getting that much demand must be HIGH and that would limit what they have special to put on the aisles...

Orangecounty:

I am not trying to make you look bad or anything. I just plugged in your dates for a full size with being an EA member and I got a weekly rate around $250 before taxes. If you book it one day earlier the weekly rate is about half that. I think the combination of you booking a Friday (For some reason it seems more expensive on a Friday). and if you wait a few more days it might come down for you overall. I still think the closer you get the lower it will be. Just last week if your booked around Sept 27 for a week the rate was $250 plus now if you book it today it is around $113.

Just have patience. This time last year it wasn't like this.

Orangecounty:

I am not trying to make you look bad or anything. I just plugged in your dates for a full size with being an EA member and I got a weekly rate around $250 before taxes. If you book it one day earlier the weekly rate is about half that. I think the combination of you booking a Friday (For some reason it seems more expensive on a Friday). and if you wait a few more days it might come down for you overall. I still think the closer you get the lower it will be. Just last week if your booked around Sept 27 for a week the rate was $250 plus now if you book it today it is around $113.

I have it for well under $200 I have a good contract. So I am not worried, but "book it one day earlier" ??? I don't arrive until the day I get there, so that's not really "relevant" is it?

As for rates going up and down, happens all the time. Supply and demand. It may go up. I went a few years ago and booked several months out at about $200. By the time we went you could not TOUCH a car for under $1,000! I have also gotten one of the "last minute specials on thier web page and gotten a nice car for $120 or so.... Sometimes the "coin toss" goes your way sometimes it doesn't....

Executive Aisle, B side at 630p. A couple of Volvos, Maximas, Jetta, Ford Edge, Lincolns, a CX9, a Jeep, a Jeep comander and a Dodge Durango, which we took. The Durango had only 12 miles, so, thank you gmeh1, the 2012 are out! :goodvibes

Orangecounty:

I'm not going to start a flame war here. I am just pointing out the trends so far this month of how the rates start to come down as you get closer to your pick up date. I was just pointing out "the day before" as a reference that if you wait just a little longer maybe, I say maybe, yours will come down as well. I cant say for sure but just by the behavior of the rates so far it seems likely.

Enough said.

Orangecounty:

I'm not going to start a flame war here. I am just pointing out the trends so far this month of how the rates start to come down as you get closer to your pick up date. I was just pointing out "the day before" as a reference that if you wait just a little longer maybe, I say maybe, yours will come down as well. I cant say for sure but just by the behavior of the rates so far it seems likely.

Enough said.

The truth is I will probably keep what I have unless it drops to dirt cheap as my contact has no liability insurance. I could total the car and it would be National's issue. That's worth some $$$ in my book :goodvibes

Executive Aisle, B side at 630p. A couple of Volvos, Maximas, Jetta, Ford Edge, Lincolns, a CX9, a Jeep, a Jeep comander and a Dodge Durango, which we took. The Durango had only 12 miles, so, thank you gmeh1, the 2012 are out! :goodvibes

Thanks for the update. We often take the Ford Edge.

n2mm:

Question about the Durango. Did the Durango have a 3rd row seat? I dont know off hand if that is standard for that vehicle.

Thanks very much

n2mm:

Question about the Durango. Did the Durango have a 3rd row seat? I dont know off hand if that is standard for that vehicle.

Thanks very much

Yes, it does, but, if you use the third row there would be no room left for luggage, maybe, a couple of carry ons or one large bag.

Is there a regular midsize row with National separate and apart from the EA? I have booked a reservation with my EC# and when I book the same reservation (midsize - same codes and coupons) without my EC# it is about $13 cheaper.

Yes, there is a separate midsize row.

Thanks very much.

I have yet to see a mini van on the exec. row. If you see one on the EA you can take that.
To be honest, I cannot possibly give you any clue as to how successful you will be if you ask. I cannot hurt to ask, however.

I like the way Enterprise Holdings, Inc. runs it now. The three companies cater to the needs of all walks of life. It is working well, and I have learned, if it works...........don't fix it.

There are ways to avoid the counter with Alamo and Enterprise. Visit their websites......all the info is there.

I like OCC's comments about having high expectations, and agree with him about National being a "business person's" rental agency (and I appreciate gmeh1's reply - I think if people are coming away with high expectations, they're reading too much into what you're saying).

I'm certainly not a business traveller. I'm 25, I work in a retail pharmacy (so no travel) and I rent maybe once a year. But, I'm loyal to a fault, and while I liked Enterprise the one time I dealt with them (In 2008, possibly before they bought National? Either way, they were off-site.), I decided to try National the next trip in 2009 (when I found out about the Emerald Aisle), and loved it. Sure, it's a bit more expensive than some of the other places, but that's probably due to the 'business' aspect of the company.

Like OCC, I don't want an SUV or minivan. Maybe a crossover, but even that's not really for me (unless, for some spectacular reason EA starts getting the Mini Countryman, then I'll beg for it). I understand the appeal for families going to Disney, but if that's what you want, you really shouldn't be booking EA and hoping for an upgrade. It's like booking a Double Room at a hotel and expecting to get a Suite when you get there. Book what you need, be happy if you do get upgraded, but don't expect it.

I'm sure there was more of a point when I started this post, but I got sidetracked by work, and can't remember it. Either way, gmeh1, I appreciate your posts on here (and you OCC), they've helped me clarify a few things! And I suppose if you only work B-Side, I won't be seeing you when I arrive. Otherwise, I'd say hi, and thanmks in person. If you happen to be on A-Side that day, I'll likely have a LGMH on my backpack, with my username on it.

I hope you enjoy your vacation and you never know, I might be on A side, depends on what shift I end up with with this new bid. I will keep a look out if I am there.

Orangecounty:

The rates change daily, Friday is a big travel day and also the beginning of weekend rentals. I don't handle reservations or rates, but, I do remember the rates being a bit less expensive before weekends back when I rented cars for my vacations.

The truth is I will probably keep what I have unless it drops to dirt cheap as my contact has no liability insurance. I could total the car and it would be National's issue. That's worth some $$$ in my book :goodvibes
Just out of curiosity, what contract do you have? I don't expect the code, since then everyone would try to use it, I've just never seen any contracts that gives insurance and good rates.

Also, does your credit card/insurance company not cover rental cars?

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter