What is going on with the weather??

I’m going to test this. I might go solo every Monday for a month (leading up to saying goodbye to my Magic Key mid-October 😭). Monday is the day I don’t have either kid so Monday it is!

I'm so sorry. 🤣

You should start a new thread and post your observations and compare DL and DCA as starting parks.

I’m going to test this. I might go solo every Monday for a month (leading up to saying goodbye to my Magic Key mid-October 😭). Monday is the day I don’t have either kid so Monday it is!
Watching today and it actually isn't that busy so far, but a lot of rides are down. Rise has been down all morning. Interesting! I've been wondering if Mondays seem worse because they're just as busy, but understaffed?

Watching today and it actually isn't that busy so far, but a lot of rides are down. Rise has been down all morning. Interesting! I've been wondering if Mondays seem worse because they're just as busy, but understaffed?

I guarantee you most of those wait times are inaccurate.

Jungle Cruise at 30 minutes and 20 minutes for Pooh at 10am on a weekday signals a busy park.

Jungle Cruise at 30 minutes and 20 minutes for Pooh at 10am on a weekday signals a busy park.
Interesting... Indiana Jones is also down, so I wonder if all the down rides are pushing crowds to other lines. Rise is still down too, and it's been a few hours. We aren't going on any Mondays regardless, it's just something I noticed. Every day does seem to be pretty busy without much fluctuation, other than early mornings and late nights being the least crowded. I still can't figure out if going on a not MK blocked out Friday is better or worse than going on a Saturday!

It really doesn’t help having Pirates, Matterhorn and Toontown closed.

Does anyone know when Matterhorn is coming back up?

I'm imagining some poor traveler coming to SoCal with some sweaters and jeans and encountering this weather, lol. It's like when people come to San Francisco in July in shorts and sunglasses and get slammed with 55 degrees & fog ::flower1:

2 days later we all had on pants and sweatshirts.

So Cal weather is bipolar during the winter months.

We’ll still be going this weekend because we’re meeting some friends that are using up the last of their California ticket. But we’re ready for lengthy afternoon pool or room breaks.

Magic Key reservation calendar still shows Saturday and Sunday unavailable. (Monday, a holiday, is still open). But I’m wondering if there will be a lot of cancellations or short visits this weekend. And if so, will the parks seem less crowded?

I hope you don't mind a little correction.

So Cal weather is bipolar PERIOD.

I've been there when it was too cool for shorts on the 4th of July, and everyone was wearing shorts on Christmas day. You never know what to expect.
This is so, so true! No matter how long I've lived here (which is more than 40 years now) I just never stop shaking my head at our wacky weather. 🤣

I hope you don't mind a little correction.

So Cal weather is bipolar PERIOD.

I've been there when it was too cool for shorts on the 4th of July, and everyone was wearing shorts on Christmas day. You never know what to expect.

I stand corrected. You are right. This is why the 1-3 day forecast rules all around here. It's so unpredictable.

Magic Key reservation calendar still shows Saturday and Sunday unavailable. (Monday, a holiday, is still open). But I’m wondering if there will be a lot of cancellations or short visits this weekend. And if so, will the parks seem less crowded?
I’m showing Sunday available. I have the Believe Key

I’m showing Sunday available. I have the Believe Key
Yeah, there’s now availability currently for Saturday and Sunday for Believe, Dream, and Inspire Keys. Maybe people are cancelling. Of course, there’s usually some cancellations anyway as the weekend get closer, but I wonder if we are going to see more this week due to the heat.

Yeah, there’s now availability currently for Saturday and Sunday for Believe, Dream, and Inspire Keys. Maybe people are cancelling. Of course, there’s usually some cancellations anyway as the weekend get closer, but I wonder if we are going to see more this week due to the heat.
I think you can bet on it. But with it being a holiday weekend there are probably a lot of guest traveling from out of town, so not sure what the crowds will look like, even in the triple digit heat. 🥵

2 days later we all had on pants and sweatshirts.

So Cal weather is bipolar during the winter months.

Yes my parents are coming in late November early December and my mother is already asking me what she should pack. I told her the only thing I can guarantee is that it will be cool at night. 🤣 She’ll need to check the weather 3 days out.

We were at Disneyland first week of December last year and wore pants and sweatshirts. It was lovely. But not guaranteed!

I think you can bet on it. But with it being a holiday weekend there are probably a lot of guest traveling from out of town, so not sure what the crowds will look like, even in the triple digit heat. 🥵

We’re supposed to be at a nice hotel up in LA this weekend, and I’m hoping people cancel. We’re native Texans so we’re perfectly content to pool it at the hotel in 100 degree weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter