What have you had to cancel due to Coronavirus?

My DD11's dance competition season and all classes; DS9's flag football season; Vera Bradley Outlet Sale; Lion King off Broadway show; American Girl Tea Party; just to start. the tea party bums me out a lot - DD would turn 12 2 days before, so I know our days of attending things like that are numbered. I love that her and her cousins still want to go and we missed last year due to a dance competition so was really looking forward. My son has been talking all winter about spring flag football. My niece's birthday is next week and not sure we will see them. My nephew, her brother, is a senior and he just picked up his cap and gown before all of this hit and my sister just booked the hall 2 weeks ago for his grad party = hoping for that. He also recently made eagle scout and they were getting ready to schedule his court of honor.

My dd’s Girl Scout events including an overnight camp out have been cancelled. We had tickets to Disney on Ice in May and that’s been cancelled too.
I have not booked any travel yet.
Many of my friends trips were cancelled. My coworker might have to postpone her wedding.

I’m a Dental Hygienist on Long Island.

MY JOB was pretty much cancelled!!

I am praying my Wdw trip 5/21 is still on.... I book my fastpasses in a few days:guilty:
Stay healthy my fellow Dis’ers.:-)
Kerri

Our trip to the Outer Banks which was supposed to begin this Monday was the only for sure cancellation right now. Other little things. Friends have a get together every Tuesday, group of us go to dinner once a month, couple others meet up every couple weeks for lunch. Little stuff like that.

I'm out of work until restaurants open back up, so depending on how long that is (and what business is like after), I may have to cancel my other planned trips this year.

June I was just taking a week off to visit family coming to town, so now I'll probably just work through that.

July I'm going to VA to visit family, and we already paid for and booked 2 nights and 3 days at Busch Gardens. I'll still do that since it's paid for, but may not go for as long as I had planned.

Biggest of all is my November Disney World trip. Once again, this is all dependent on how long I'm out of work and how busy/slow we are when we re-open (and now reading about the possible stimulus that would really help out).

We've been invited to a wedding in April......not sure about going. I think we probably won't

Me and my family were supposed to be going to a wedding this Saturday but it got postponed it sucks especially as the bride and groom had the wedding planned for two years but our health is more important

Cruise booked 4/25. Royal Caribbean - supposed to start cruising again 4/11. We will see! #fingerscrossed

"Had" to cancel? Nothing yet. But it looks like we'll be postponing/cancelling our Florida trip in late April.

I've been meaning to get new tires for my car for a few months, and finally did so Wednesday in case auto repair/service is forced to closed. Got an oil change too while there although I'm not due for another month or so.

Haven't been to a supermarket or any other store since Sunday, but I might try later today to pick up a few perishable items like milk, deli, and fresh produce. We have plenty of non-perishables and frozen foods.

DW has a doctor's appointment next week. So far they haven't cancelled. It's not quite a vital visit, but she was in the hospital for a few days in early February and she'd like to get a progress report. My next routine doctor appointment is for mid-May. Hopefully things will calm down a bit by then.

I had a business meeting for this Friday in Santa Barbara, but since everyone is going to be at home they've moved it to an online meeting. I was looking forward to traveling, but right now this is probably better. The change was made even before my county had a general stay in place order.
I just got a message that it would be cancelled today since many were not going to be at work. They didn't actually have a stay at home order in the county, but the statewide order went into effect today. I guess I can work a little bit longer on my presentation which was rather rushed. I had something different for an online meeting compared to what I would have done in person.

Last edited:
Trip to Vero Beach for spring break

DD12’s Confirmation and luncheon

DD12’s school play (they worked so hard on it!)

DD12’s riding lessons

get togethers with friends.

Bank appointment (the rep that I need to speak to isn't available)
Dentist
I may have to cancel a trip to NY for July, though I'm still waiting that out to see what happens.

My baby’s baptism.

There’s of course other things, but that one stings the most.

DDIL baby shower this Sunday - cancelled
DD#2 College graduation - cancelled
DD#2 contract to perform on Royal Caribbean cruise line - on hold for at least 30 days.
Thankfully, DH and I have essential jobs so for the time being we are still employed.

But we are all healthy so far, so I am grateful for that.

Had an exotic animal show I wanted to take my rats to and maybe adopt a new boy. There's a comic convention in April I'm sure is going to be axed. Can't go see the girlfriend this spring, and my dental cleaning was canned.

Holding out hope for the May antique show and the June Disneyana. Also hoping Pride isn't called off.

my kids 6th bday party tomorrow. And pretty much every other thing I'd planned for the next several years because financially Idk if our business can survive this prolonged shut down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter