• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What have I forgotten?

keithomas

Disney Dad, Trip Planner, & Photographer
I have been planning our trip now for almost 9 months, please tell me if I've forgotten anything terribly important.

Hotel & Passes: WL (June 1 thru 8) package deal with UHP for 2 adults/2 kids I have requested non-smoking bunk-bed room (woods view)

Transportation: Continental Express from Houston-Ellington to Houston Intercont. to Orlando and back. Towncar reservation and coupon already printed.

PS's: We have only made one at this time for Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast.
also plan to do the Fantasmic dinner package one night and book that when we arrive.

I plan on faxing the room controller at WL a few days before our arrival with a nice letter confirming our previously made requests and politely inquiring about an upgrade to a "junior suite" if availability exists. (it worked for me in '99 at BWV)

I ordered the GOH badges for the kids (ages 6 and 3) along with an autograph book each to give them sometime during the plane ride!

What have I forgotten??? I guess now that I'm inside 50 days I'm a bit nervous I forgot something.

Looks great ! I don't know how much of an planner you are, but have you made daily itineraries? I would decide what attractions you really want to do at each park and try to get those done really early in the morning, so you can relax the rest of the day. I would probably make more PS's (one a day?). Be sure to make your packing lists and lists of what you'll carry into the parks. Good lists at wdwig.com

We're not big planners. I'm definitely a "go with the flow" kind of guy/dad. We do plan to go early every morning and nap or swim every day as needed. My brother-in-law's family will be at FW while we're at WL, so we'll hook with them for some stuff and let the cousins play. We've already discussed watching the "other guys" kids one evening each so that each couple can have at least one dinner and a few hours of "quiet" time.

I anticipate with a 3 & 6 year old that we will spend about half our "park time" in the MK, but I could be wrong. My 6yo son will like MGM I think.

Sounds like you're using TIffany's Towncar, you might want to stop at a Publix to do a shopping (juice pack, snacks, eggos, cereal, milk, etc) before hitting WL. Im told they allow you a 30 min. stop. Also, seeing as your relatives are at FW, you might want to book the Hoop Dee Doo, they say its a great dinner show :)

Mae

Just got back today, it was very hot and very crowded. Do not forget a water bottle with the little fan attached. This is a life saver.

Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter