What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave on Monday for WDW then cruise on the 16th. I made magnets for both places!! Here are some of ours. Many graphics were found here on the dis and some were even shared by other disers in the graphic thread! Thanks to all of you! We will have two rooms at both places, so we have many...I'll divide them up in the posts...The links are clickable if you want to see them bigger.

Are the doors at WDW metal?

I have asked the very same question several times and never received an answer.

If they aren't, how do people put signs on their resort door at WDW? I need to know, too.

Are the doors at WDW metal?

I am not sure, but my husband says they have to be... fire codes and all and he "thinks" he remembers them being metal. I do remember them being very heavy so maybe. But if not, I'll figure something out. My cruise door is metal I know that for a fact so I have some for our cruise too.

RedMom or anyone else...where did you get the very cute fonts from? Are they free to download? I found some pirate fonts, but they wanted me download some type of WinZip? software for $30.00. Is this the case for all? Thanks so much for all the info.

Janna :cool1: cruising October 6th 2007

Okay, we leave tomorrow, and I am just now trying to print my "creation" out - but the magnetic paper keeps getting stuck in the printer after it prints about 2" worth!!! :headache: Anything I can do?

Okay, we leave tomorrow, and I am just now trying to print my "creation" out - but the magnetic paper keeps getting stuck in the printer after it prints about 2" worth!!! :headache: Anything I can do?

My color printer won't handle the thicker magnetic paper, either. Simplest solution was to print the sign on photopaper (I suppose good plain paper would work, too), then attach strips of magnet to the back. We laminated the photo first, but you might be able to skip that part. Or if you can laminate, laminate the photo on top of the magnetic sheet and you won't need to add any additional magnets.

But changing to a new printer took care of that problem. Magnetic sheets are now a 'go'!

My color printer won't handle the thicker magnetic paper, either. Simplest solution was to print the sign on photopaper (I suppose good plain paper would work, too), then attach strips of magnet to the back. We laminated the photo first, but you might be able to skip that part. Or if you can laminate, laminate the photo on top of the magnetic sheet and you won't need to add any additional magnets.

I finally did it!! I had the printer recalibrate the paper type: With my document open, I did File, Print, Properties, Options, Paper Type Sensor Options, the clicked on the "Calibrate Now" button at the bottom and hand fed the paper in - IT WORKED!!! :yay: Thanks so much!!! I still couldn't get my Mickey ears to size properly, so I had to kind of eyeball it. That's okay. :goodvibes

Not sure if I've posted this already, but here's one I'm using!
DreamsReallyDoComeTrue.jpg

...and this one I like the simplicity of it, but feel like it's missing something...
CruiseDocumentsBlank2.jpg

I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!! I think it looks great! I would love to make a sign like that - how do you do it?
It's just a scan of the Disney brochure I believe...Then I removed the words and added my own.
I think what it's missing is that there's too much dead space. So I might just make this not as tall...and I can fit it right under the door number sign...

It's just a scan of the Disney brochure I believe...Then I removed the words and added my own.
I think what it's missing is that there's too much dead space. So I might just make this not as tall...and I can fit it right under the door number sign...

You could do that, yes... I think this would also work well if you put that dead space to work as background for other images. Drop smaller pictures onto the top and bottom to get a layered look -- especially if they come up above the brown part.

Here's what I'm talking about. I took your picture and brought it into PowerPoint along with a few pics from our trip to WDW this past Labor Day weekend:

Presentation1.jpg

BTW, you may notice that the horrendous 'Epcot Wand' has finally been taken down... :dance3:

You could do that, yes... I think this would also work well if you put that dead space to work as background for other images. Drop smaller pictures onto the top and bottom to get a layered look -- especially if they come up above the brown part.

Here's what I'm talking about. I took your picture and brought it into PowerPoint along with a few pics from our trip to WDW this past Labor Day weekend:

Presentation1.jpg

BTW, you may notice that the horrendous 'Epcot Wand' has finally been taken down... :dance3:
That's a great idea! I like it; I'll have to go through my pics from past trips and see what might look good! (It's a shame I won't have any wedding pics by the time we leave on the cruise! That would be PERFECT!)

Tokyodisneydad: I love your Name signs. I have been trying to figure out how you did that to get the pictures in the letters. I have looked through at least 40 pages of this thread, and have done google searches, but can't find it. Is this something that you made yourself or is there a font for it? Thanks so much!

If anyone has "Word" and is interested in how to make your letters be filled with the Disney images.. This works for me..

1st) Find the Disney image you want to use.
2nd) From WORD, do Insert, Picture, Word Art.
3rd) Pick your image and write your name.
4th) From the Word Art Toolbar, Select Format Word Art (or Right click on the image and select Format Word Art).
5th) Under 'Colors and Lines' tab, select the drop down box for Color and pick fill effects. Click the Picture tab, then the select picture button. Then ok.
6th) Done :) -- I hope it works for you.

Here are the directions to make word art using pictures. Hope this helps. It is post number 2290.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter