What do you take for motion sickness on rides/plane?

MinnieMom

Because everyone needs a little magic in their lif
I remember reading on here a while ago about some alternative to dramamine that did not make you drowsy. I thought I had made a note of it, but of course now that I'm down to leaving in only 13 days (!!!), I can't find my note!

Does anbody out there know of anything other than dramamine that will help? I get terribly motion sick in cars, planes, rides, etc, etc. The only way I don't get sick in a car is if I'm driving!

I really want to enjoy this vacation with dd. Dh is staying home with the baby so just the girls can go and he usually does the rides with her so I am extremely worried that I am going to ruin the fun for her.

There has to be something out there that can work. I tried dramamine last year on the Magic and it seemed to make me so tired.

HELP PLEASE!!! :confused3

Thank you!

Bomine was the alternative to Dramamine. The homeopathic remedy is Ginger, you can buy Ginger Capsules, you can eat gingersnap cookies, or find crystalized Ginger (imho the strongest, and yummiest!) Ginger was a blessing for me when I had horrible morning sickness too - I did get motion sickness on the Star Wars Ride at MGM, (it's all a trick of the eye, go figure!) but I hadnt taken anything!! (I had ridden/done Star Wars 10 years earlier with no problems, you can look to the floor/side to get your mind back on "its just a movie")

I also brought Dramamine "just in case", but the Bomine and Ginger did the trick! (when I remembered to take it! lol)

princess:

PS Also with Disney there are so many attractions that arent "rides" that you will not ruin it for DD, you'll have a grand "Mommy and Me" vacation!! Congratulations!!

I use a relief band, You can buy them on e-bay and in some drugstores. They work even after you feel sick. You also don't have that drug hangover with them. Some people find them a little pricey, but if you are prone to motion sickness, they are well worth it.

Hope this helps!!

Bonine and Dramamine II (less drowsy formula) are the same thing. The generic name is Meclizine HCL (25mg). I have used Dramamine II (the less drowsy formula) and think it is great! I agree with you that the regular Dramamine knocks you right out. I took it on a business trip to England in December and slept the whole flight and in the car to the client's place of business. My boss still jokes about how I can sleep through anything! Luckily, I woke up for the client meeting;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter