what do you prefer in a studio?

MonkeyPants

DIS Veteran
do you like the two real beds you get at OKW or the bed and pull out sofa that most of the other DVC locations have? IE would you rather have a real bed or the sitting area?

Personally I think the pull outs are very uncomfortable and since I dont spend a ton of time in the room I like having the extra real bed. I wish more of the DVC resorts had the two bed set up.

I wish the other studios had the two bed setup. We sleep in a king at home, so if we can't have that, we'd rather sleep in two doubles than in a queen. We're not going to resort to using the sofa bed.

I prefer one bed plus a couch. It is more comfortable and convenient for us and makes the room feel more open and spacious. I do wish the bed was a king rather than a queen and I wish there were nightstands on both sides of the bed.

For now I like the one bed and the sofa. Our little one is still in a packnplay so it is nice to have the extra space. Once she gets a bit older we may go to the 2 beds.
~Amanda

I think your preference will hinge upon who is on your normal traveling party.

If I'm staying in a studio - I want it to have one real bed and one sofa sleeper b/c of the extra room. Now if I were to stay in a 2 bedroom lockoff, I'm thinking I would prefer the 2 regular beds in the studio portion because we would already have the living room space.

We prefer the bed/couch set-up.
We very much enjoy OKW once in a while, but we learned not to book a studio there during hurricane season! We were there during Wilma, and while it was nice and cozy, and very secure riding out the storm, we sorely missed having a sitting area.
Luckily, early in the afternoon, we were "sprung"! :goodvibes

I prefer one bed plus a couch. It is more comfortable and convenient for us and makes the room feel more open and spacious. I do wish the bed was a king rather than a queen and I wish there were nightstands on both sides of the bed.

This would be my choice, even if it only had the one nightstand.

We love the bed/sofa if it is just DH and I, because we really enjoyed SSR in a studio without the kids - having a couch to relax on and read or watch tv was wonderful. If the kids are with us, we get a 1 or 2 bedroom at OKW for the extra square footage and my king-size bed! :goodvibes

I like the couch set up....

However for 4 adults.....the 2 queens for sure;)
Kerri

if I am solo - then I like the sofa,

that say if I am traveling with even one other person - then OKW. and sometimes OKW anyway for the lower points.

We've stayed in studios at HHI,BWV,OKW,VWL,VB and SSR. I think the studio set up at SSR has an edge because it has a few things we like in a studio:

* a large balcony
* a large TV and DVD player
* pullout/bed combo with a coffee/table type of set up (it's actually an ottoman with a wooden tray on top)
* foyer at entryway
* larger than regular hotel-room size bathroom
* decent amount of drawer storage for clothes

We found other studios to have some of these features, but only SSR has them all. :thumbsup2

Absolutely, Chuck :thumbsup2

We usually travel as a couple. We actually prefer a 1B (even when it is just the two of us), but when staying in a studio I prefer one bed and a sofa. I love to be able to lounge around the room in comfortable seating.

But, I can see that with a family of three or four, that you may want a second bed instead of a couch.

It's just the two of us, so we enjoy having the couch. When we invite others to join us, we want the privacy of at least a one bedroom anyway.

because it really depends. When it's just DH and I in a studio, then I'd much prefer the sofa because we'll never pull it out anyway, and it's nice to have the sitting room area. But on the other hand, if we're to be in a 2br with our kids, we'd prefer the 2 beds in the second bedroom. Since we have 3 kids, I can't think of an instance where we'd need 2 beds in a studio 'cuz we wouldn't stay in one with the kids, but some folks w/ 2 kids might like it. So the best scenario is probably to always have both options.

We prefer NOT to stay in a studio, but we sometimes do on a weekend when it is just the two of us. I prefer the sofa, but I like the bathroom arrangement of the OKW studios better, so it's a toss up.

Absolutely. If it is just DW and myself, we prefer the bed and sofa. If DD goes along, we would prefer the two beds (and the bigger room size at OKW).

We prefer the sofa setup. That's why we bought at BWV versus OKW...at least it is one of the reasons! If we need more beds, we get a larger villa.

We prefer one bedrooms because we love the king size bed. However when we have a studio I prefer the one bed and a sofa. It is just the two of us and we like the sofa to relax on during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter