• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you mean you're going back already?! Pre-trip Report :)

JaimieJ

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
I've been reading a lot of trip reports lately to get my Disney fix, and since I 'm planning a trip for this coming fall I figured I would start a pre-trip report. :)

A little bit about me:
My name is Jaimie, I am from Maine. I am more than slightly addicted to Disney. I have been to the World about 15 times in the past 20 years. When I was little it was a family trip that we took almost every year, and I've never grown tired of going, I pretty much start planning our next trip while we're still there. haha
Heres a picture of me from my first trip to the World when i was almost 6(Fanny pack and all ..We always used to go in late April around my Birthday, I loved getting to celebrate my birthday there when i could)
11295628_812593210127_6416609772487837515_n.jpg
And a Picture from my last trip there this past December.
vcm_s_kf_repr_884x588.jpg

Now, I'm more of a winnger when it comes to going to Disney, pretty much just show up and go where the wind takes me. :) (actually this can be applied to any trip I take, I just got back from England and Scotland the other day, Had a great time! but didn't plan a lick of it, other than the flights there and the hotels at which I would be staying. The customs officer in Scotland was very confused when he asked me what I was planning on doing there and I answered "what ever comes up" o_O haha) annnnnyway.. back to the Disney portion of things. pixiedust:

Now, winging it works for me, I like the spontaneity to it and not being tied down to plans, but, after readying trip reports here I've decided that this year I'm going to put a little more planning into the process. Whoo!

So far I've got the hotel I am staying at the dates going and an ADR planned.

Dates of the trip: September 26-October 4th 2015. (Growing up we always went in late April, and the last two trips I've gone in December for all the Christmas festivities, but I have always wanted to go in the Fall. Halloween is my favorite Holiday and I would live to see things decorated for Halloween! Also the Food and Wine festival sounds amazing! Another reason that I picked those dates specifically is that the fall Dapper day happens to fall on the 3rd of October, I'm really into vintage fashion, and I have wanted to go since I heard about it, so that's happening!

Whos going? Right now this is a solo trip, other than my parents (Mostly my father) I am the only Disney nut that I know, so unless I can convince someone to head down with me I will be going alone. I'm a little nervous about going alone as i am pretty shy, but reading everyone elses trip reports has made me feel a little better about it. Not having anyone that wants to go is not going to keep me away from Disney . :rotfl2:

I'll be staying at All star Movies, I've stayed at all start Sports before, but I went with a value because I got a really good deal on it with the end of summer discount, and I usually spend about a total of 6 hours in the room a night to sleep being on the go go go all the time, so where I stay really has never been a concern.

One goal that I have for this trip is to try more Disney restaurants and food. I usually just bring in PB and J sandwiches with me into the park so I can eat while on the go , but I'm going to slow it down this time and try something different, I've got a reservation for Raglan road at the moment, but thats about s afar as i have gotten with that.

I'll be posting more as more plans fall into place. 4 months to go!!!:dancer:

Last edited:
Can't wait to read more! We are staying at All Star Movies too, never been there, but we figured we won't be spending much time there so it doesn't matter as long as we are in Disney!

Can't wait to read more! We are staying at All Star Movies too, never been there, but we figured we won't be spending much time there so it doesn't matter as long as we are in Disney!
I love the All Star resorts! They seem to be a bit louder but really my only other experience would be staying at Shades of Green and its super quiet there. And same here, with the amount of time I actually spend in the room I don't care where I end up! :)

Update:
So far I have been looking into reservations for restaurants, as one goal that I have for this trip is to try something other than bringing a sandwich in to the parks with me. haha. One place that I have heard tons about but have only seen from the outside is Be Our Guest, so I was hoping to get a reservation for that is at all possible. (I was able to get two for lunch time :flower:)
So far I have a reservation for Trails End at Fort Wilderness for breakfast. Reading other disers trip reports I have heard a lot about (and seen pictures yum!) of the breakfast buffet there, so that was defiantly one place I wanted to go for, so on my 1st full day I have a reservation there for breakfast. :)
I was also able to get 2 lunch reservations at BOG one for Monday and one for Wednesday of my trip. I still haven't hatched out my plan for what days I will be at what parks yet, but both of those days I'm planning on being park days, so whatever one I don't decide to use I'll let go. But YAY! so excited to actually try this!
The other reservation I got was for Raglan Road in DTD, it looks like an interesting place to try.
So that's the end of the food planning, I figured that I would just stick with my old plan of PB& J for the rest of the trip, and of course the Food and Wine festival booths!!!
Now, I think that I might have convinced someone to go with me (honestly it didn't take too much convincing :rolleyes1haha) So I did book all of these reservations for two people, but I'll cancel if he does decide not to go.

More updates later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter