What Disney is trying to do.

Lots of issues with all of this but this really stuck out to me. I don't think you'll be getting a room in the tower for under $200/night, and you can't get a room anywhere on property for $75.
I realize that mistake and $75 a night was just a example I have seen times in low season when a room at a moderate can go for $90 or so

no you can't
This is a value resort and this is 129 dollars not 90 dollars. Not a moderate resort at all. Where did you even get that idea

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 2.36.29 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 2.36.29 pm.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I realize that mistake and $75 a night was just a example I have seen times in low season when a room at a moderate can go for $90 or so

Sorry, your information is simply incorrect. It has been many years since you could get a $90 rate at a moderate. The cheapest rack rate room at any moderate on any night is value season at $187 a night. The lowest rack rate for any value is $97 and that rate is literally only available on 8 nights in 2018. Your listing of rates is way too low for Disney hotels. Even your deluxe rates are way off. This has all of the 2018 rates.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates.htm

Simply put these types of properties are flourishing because people are demanding more amenities from even Disney value resorts. If Disney was so against the Springs area properties I doubt they would have given them 60 day FP and EMH access.

I guess most touched on all ...

1) CSR expansion is all about the conventions, offering a better convention option, offering another firework view restaurant for those expense accounts, maybe another venue for their wedding business which seems to be doing okay. Yes it will be more generic and probably water down the great theme at the resort. But rooms will fill with vacation and convention guests.

2) Riviera is a DVC, am sure you can book rooms like you can now, looks like your basic deluxe high rise hotels, but if they have standard Disney amenities it will not compete with it's counterparts off property that offer more, just pull in the standard Disney folks along with DVC members. DVC is Disney's thing now. Sad they have practically destroyed CBR for this along with the gondola.

3) Star Wars hotel ............ well I'll believe it when I see it. It will take a small demographic to fill it up and be successful. I think there will be lots of boxes to check in the next few years for this to move forward, as stated.

I don't think Disney tries to compete with anyone. Bonnet Creek is not on Disney property and folks who stay there, timeshares and hotels, are probably not interested in staying in Disney properties. Four Seasons is not really on Disney property since Disney sold them the land AND they pretty much had control of what FS built anyway. They provide a level of service Disney does not, and likely doesn't want to have to cater in that way. Disney Springs is Disney property but those folks have to go through Disney to do what they do to those hotels. They are filling a void that Disney is no longer interested in offering. I don't think we'll see any more value or moderates at Disney ... they are letting other brands fill that void. Just like Disney sold the land to Marriott to build the Flamingo Crossing hotels (with oversight of course), it provided a close by option for that void, that is not convenient to anywhere but Disney.

If Disney were truly trying to compete, they'd drop their rates to match what they offer .... but as long as folks will pay inflated prices they will continue to be an island of rooms. Disney hotels maintain a very high occupancy. AND most Disney Park guests don't even stay on property, never will, but Disney needs them in the parks.

as long as it does not have roaches or look like a section 8 housing zone
Um... I had a friend that due to personal hardships had to move into Section 8 housing. I was surprised that his "House" was really nice. What made the rental house "Section 8" was the fact that the government helped him pay the rent. It was in a nice neighborhood in the $250k range.

Um... I had a friend that due to personal hardships had to move into Section 8 housing. I was surprised that his "House" was really nice. What made the rental house "Section 8" was the fact that the government helped him pay the rent. It was in a nice neighborhood in the $250k range.
Yes the op made a bigoted comment. Why was section 8 housing even mentioned? It has no purpose

... Bonnet Creek is not on Disney property and folks who stay there, timeshares and hotels, are probably not interested in staying in Disney properties. ...
I think they are interested in staying on Disney property, but they own non-DVC timeshares and can use their timeshares to stay as close as possible or trade in with their timeshare since it is difficult to get DVC through RCI. There are always recommendations to try Bonnet Creek instead of DVC because it is less expensive and they can easily get a three or four bedroom villa there.

I think they are interested in staying on Disney property, but they own non-DVC timeshares and can use their timeshares to stay as close as possible or trade in with their timeshare since it is difficult to get DVC through RCI. There are always recommendations to try Bonnet Creek instead of DVC because it is less expensive and they can easily get a three or four bedroom villa there.

I’m not really talking about folks with points, but appreciate your DVC view on this.

Many of us pay cash at WBC and then the three hotels as well. As cash payers I feel I get more for my money there more than Disney. Many of us have no real desire/need to stay Disney - Bonnet is just a good value for money. When I stay Disney it’s onkt because I got a good rate.

In my opinion I would like to see this as a part of a family with a bit of a budgeting problem (I.e. We spend way more money at Disney World then we should) it will be a breath of fresh air to see a fairly cheap on property Disney resort that is not a tacky hotel like all star sports that cost way more then it should and its quality can be summed up in its acronym.

So, it's Disney's problem that you're irresponsible with your money, and you want them to enable this further with a resort to your liking that's actually less expensive than All-Stars? :charac2: ALL Disney resorts are significantly overpriced, because you're paying a premium based on being "on-property", All-Stars included. Disney structures the entire value category such that the room rates are the lowest possible given the market.

I guess most touched on all ...

1) CSR expansion is all about the conventions, offering a better convention option, offering another firework view restaurant for those expense accounts, maybe another venue for their wedding business which seems to be doing okay. Yes it will be more generic and probably water down the great theme at the resort. But rooms will fill with vacation and convention guests.

2) Riviera is a DVC, am sure you can book rooms like you can now, looks like your basic deluxe high rise hotels, but if they have standard Disney amenities it will not compete with it's counterparts off property that offer more, just pull in the standard Disney folks along with DVC members. DVC is Disney's thing now. Sad they have practically destroyed CBR for this along with the gondola.

3) Star Wars hotel ............ well I'll believe it when I see it. It will take a small demographic to fill it up and be successful. I think there will be lots of boxes to check in the next few years for this to move forward, as stated.

I don't think Disney tries to compete with anyone. Bonnet Creek is not on Disney property and folks who stay there, timeshares and hotels, are probably not interested in staying in Disney properties. Four Seasons is not really on Disney property since Disney sold them the land AND they pretty much had control of what FS built anyway. They provide a level of service Disney does not, and likely doesn't want to have to cater in that way. Disney Springs is Disney property but those folks have to go through Disney to do what they do to those hotels. They are filling a void that Disney is no longer interested in offering. I don't think we'll see any more value or moderates at Disney ... they are letting other brands fill that void. Just like Disney sold the land to Marriott to build the Flamingo Crossing hotels (with oversight of course), it provided a close by option for that void, that is not convenient to anywhere but Disney.

If Disney were truly trying to compete, they'd drop their rates to match what they offer .... but as long as folks will pay inflated prices they will continue to be an island of rooms. Disney hotels maintain a very high occupancy. AND most Disney Park guests don't even stay on property, never will, but Disney needs them in the parks.

CBR isn’t the only resort ruined by DVC, you only have to look as far as Poly and WL. Both lost half the resort to DVC.
At WL not only did they put the bungalows in and in addition to the existing DVC building, WVL, they took the entire south side of WL for DVC. Only thing left non DVC at WL is the north side. :sad2:

CBR isn’t the only resort ruined by DVC, you only have to look as far as Poly and WL. Both lost half the resort to DVC.
At WL not only did they put the bungalows in and in addition to the existing DVC building, WVL, they took the entire south side of WL for DVC. Only thing left non DVC at WL is the north side. :sad2:

Yes, it shows you their priorities. Had CSR not been such a successful convention location and been slightly removed from parks ... I don't think that tower would have been a hotel.

I still don't understand what the DVC "level" will be for CBR being attached to a moderate ... and the least popular one at that. AND what about this supposed Epcot "hotel" that will be built ............. will it be a hotel?

Last edited:
Yes, it shows you their priorities. Had CSR not been such a successful convention location and been slightly removed from parks ... I don't think that tower would have been a hotel.

I'm still don't understand what the DVC "level" will be for CBR being attached to a moderate ... and the least popular one at that. AND what about this supposed Epcot "hotel" that will be built ............. will it be a hotel?
Yup DVC is the cash cow now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter