What did you have at Sci Fi for DINNER that was good?

jennymouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
Ever since I've been on the DIS I've heard to stick to the burgers at Sci Fi. I've made a dinner PS because I think the 4 little girls going would like it and we've never tried it. There's no burgers on the dinner menu. Has anyone ever had anything off the dinner menu that was good?

We usually go there during dinner hours--but we do get the burgers. Anytime we've asked, they would let us order them.

We love the theming of Sci Fi! My husband is a huge old movie buff and we can't imagine missing the fun atmosphere there!

kim

We've been there during dinner also and I've ordered a burger even though it is not on the menu. My husband always gets the chicken sandwich which he says is good.

Pork Medallions with Mashed Potatoes......VERY good! Actually one of the best meals I've had on property.

DH had the NY Strip which he said was very good also.

Uh oh. I'd better not tell my friend about this. She and her family were there in Dec. and had p.s. for a late lunch at Sci-Fi. She purposely scheduled it for close to but not the end of lunch hours so it would serve as an early dinner but they could still get burgers since they had read that is a safe bet there. They got there early for their p.s. but things were backed up and they had a long wait. Just as they were about to be seated they changed over from the lunch menu to the dinner menu. They asked their server if they could order burgers and she rather impolitely said, "No, we just changed over to the dinner menu." Friend's dh got a little peeved about it and they left. My friend said she was disappointed since it had a cute atmosphere but that they were in the mindset to have a burger and also didn't see anything that they wanted for the prices since they had several big $ ticket meals that week. I told her that they must have just gotten a bad server since if the menu had JUST changed over how hard would it be to cook a hamburger????

Our party ordered a decent steak (Outback quality, not high-end steakhouse), okay ribs and a not great salmon. One of my teens got a hamburger off menu and it was awful. I've wondered if that was because it was during dinner. It was really hard, like maybe it was leftover from lunch. He didn't finish it, and he's an athletic teenage boy.

Sci-Fi has a great house salad. I know it is not a main entree, but I usually just get that and save room for dessert. Makes for a pretty inexpensive dinner too!!

My family and I went then on our trip last year thinking that my 5yo son would be thrilled with the idea of sitting a car in a dark room while watching movies. Well, he liked the car...5 minutes later the novelty wore off. He liked the idea of watching movies, but didn't like the creature double feature type stuff they were playing...5 mintues later the novelty wore off. It was so dark that my mother had trouble reading the menu and the food was "ok" at best...and it cost us a fortune. We won't go back. However, each person is different...we had one of our best WDW meals at Mama Melrose's and most people give it terrible reviews.

I LOVE the Ruben Sandwich there! I think it's even better than the one at Le Cellier. Then I also wash it down with a nice Chocolate Shake.

We've had 2 experiences there on opposite ends of the spectrum. The first time my dh had a fantastic burger, and I had some hot apple dessert. We had a really fun server, too. We were looking forward to returning.

The 2nd time was so bad that not one of us remotely liked our food. I had the Reuban. My dh had a burger. The 3 kids ate from the kid's menu, and I think we could've played musical plates and not noticed any difference in taste. The kids didn't want to complain, because they didn't want to get scolded for being too picky, and we didn't all voice our disgust until we'd choked down enough to stop the hunger. Our server was totally oblivious to our presence, and it took 20 min (yes, we timed it) to get a bottle of ketchup for the fries that had already been delivered to the table. We aren't complainers, but this one was too bad to ignore, so we calmly voiced our disappointment. We were told the guy in the kitchen was new. If we could do it all over, we would've taken a bite then returned every last piece of that Soilent Green they were pedalling that afternoon. Then we would've beaten a hasty path to 50's PT or Mama Melrose's.

If we ever get so desperate for that quiet meal, (kids were too busy to talk) we're going to get up and leave if the food is lousy. I doubt I can get anyone to chance it, though.

DH and I ordered the Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Salad for an app and split the Ribs. The portions were huge - the ribs were hanging off of the plate. They were delicious and had a wonderful barbecue sauce. Came with fries and cole slaw, too. It was more than enough food for us.

I heard all the rumors about the food at Sci-Fi. I warned DH to order "basic." He was split between the ribs and a burger, which our server assured him he could order.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food.

For adults:
We have only eaten there once, and it was for lunch.
DH had a Kahlua milkshake. He said it was the best shake he had ever had.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter