What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Pizza tonight, that went along with nuggets & fries for family movie night. We never eat this way but I think we needed a comfort food sort of evening.

Tomorrow I'm making a sour cream crumb cake I tried last week to use the soupy sour cream that I ruined when I froze it. Family says it was the best thing they ever had, I picked this recipe because if didn't call for too much of anything - it seemed to rise a great deal more than I expected so it was perfect. (No glaze)
https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/old-fashioned-sour-cream-crumb-cake/

I thought about baking banana bread, cheesecake, and brownies. I actually made none of those because it was too much work, but I have eaten 3 cadbury creme eggs so far today :)

I baked some chocolate chip cookies. I actually made the dough last weekend. Baked some and froze some dough balls. Just baked a few of them.

Youngest child is on me to try any of Jason Derulo's recipes. Has anyone else seen these? OMG
I had no idea he was chef... off to investigate recipes...

I think I'm going to try browned butter cookies tomorrow. I'm not much of a baker so wish me luck.

I had some over ripe bananas and had a recipe I’ve been wanting to try:
2 Cups oats
4-5 medium bananas
1 Cup peanut butter
1 Cup Chocolate Chips

Add first three ingredients to a blender and blend until oats are ground. Stir in chocolate chips. Spray a loaf pan and line with parchment. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min. I haven’t had any yet myself, but the kids liked it.

Not baking, but we made some homemade wontons along with some some noodles with a peanut dressing the other night. It was sooo good.

I will be baking today with my 10 and 11 year old boys - it's only 37 degrees here, so it is a good day for it. We are going to try to make a tie dye cake. My kids have been binge watching seasons of Kids Baking Championship at night before bed, so we bake a cake every weekend and then they decorate it.

I made the same gluten free vegan brownies as yesterday. Kids like them plus I had all this extra pumpkin puree from recipe. Must learn how to work with these excess ingredients that I don't normally work with. Must diversify!

I think I'm going to try browned butter cookies tomorrow. I'm not much of a baker so wish me luck.

He's more like...throw every sweet, fat filled food in the world and combine somehow. There's no way he can eat this stuff and still be as cut as he is. LOL

Be VERY attentive while you are browning the butter. It goes from perfectly browned to burned in NO TIME. Once the butter starts bubbling/simmering, swirl the pan constantly. As soon as the milk solids turn LIGHT golden brown, pull it off the heat and immediately dump into a heat resistant bowl to stop the cooking process. Also, melt the butter in a pan with a light colored bottom (like stainless steel). You can't brown butter in a dark colored pan, or you will not be able to tell when it's browned.

Got out the Magnolia cookbook that my kids sent for Christmas and giving it a good workout during quarantine.

Today I've made so far: sausage and Kale soup (substituted spinach), shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate, brownie pie, and cola cake.
Smells so good in here!

I've got take-out containers ready to send home with our kids tonight with some treats for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter