What did you all book for Summer 2023? - thoughts on prices?

We booked the 8 night Greek Isle cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia). This is our 4th try at this cruise. First 2 canceled by DCL due to covid. This year canceled by us as we did not feel comfortable traveling all that way to be tested at the port and not able to board-or get home for that matter (they really need to change the testing rules for arrival by plane in the US). Anyway, I ended up booking a verandah room for less than the ocean view I had booked for this year. So I am pretty pleased. Hoping things are more stabile next year as we attempt this trip. I am not getting any younger and this trip is looking more and more like a one and done as we have other trips and places we want to see.
This is exactly our same path we had and 4th try...
we just cancelled our June 2022 trip due to the unknowns and currently working on getting refund...FCC screws up the process...
but we are going next June 12 for the 8 nighter...

No, here, on the original. 😃 I do not facepad. 🤣
I mess up something when I try to get one started here on the cruise meet thread. Have not been successful. You start it, and I will post stuff. 👌

Cool 👍 I'll do it one of these days.

We have only cruised with Disney. What are your feelings about other lines?

Same - Never cruised any other one.
Started as a birthday gift for my DD when she was 4... big mistake. She was hooked and won't let go of DCL, doesn't even want to hear about other lines.
Through the years I've become a fan of cruising (this last WBPC blew me away) but I'm kind of tired of DCL, same shows, same ports, same routine... I thought our DD would get tired of it by the time she's around the age she's in rn but she just won't... hoping that when there's no more Vibe or 1820 for her she'll finally give up.

I forgot to answer the original question. Well yes, I think the prices are high. When you compare them to other cruise lines they are absolutely ridiculous. So no I did not book anything. That's not to say I don't like DCL if things go as planned I'll have sailed DCL four times in the past year. I just don't like to overpay for things.
I have ventured away from DCL enough to feel comfortable with the other lines and to be frank other cruise lines have better itineraries. I'm currently considering a 12-night med cruise on Odyssey that visits the Greek Isles, Isreal, and Turkey, It's priced around 5,500 for a balcony. I still haven't decided yet.
We are on that Odyssey cruise. It is our third try to get to Israel! I hope we sail on it and you do too!

Same - Never cruised any other one.
Started as a birthday gift for my DD when she was 4... big mistake. She was hooked and won't let go of DCL, doesn't even want to hear about other lines.
Through the years I've become a fan of cruising (this last WBPC blew me away) but I'm kind of tired of DCL, same shows, same ports, same routine... I thought our DD would get tired of it by the time she's around the age she's in rn but she just won't... hoping that when there's no more Vibe or 1820 for her she'll finally give up.
The PC cruises are great. So sorry you missed most of the 2020 one. It was a REALLY interesting!!! We got hooked when we went on our one and done when DD was 3 months old. She had cruised 10 times before she was 10! 😃 My husband and I have said we would cruise with Disney even without kids, but we are starting to think about branching out. Would like to try Viking ocean cruises, but they are pricey like Disney. 🤪 I am holding onto every last memory we make as a family on DCL. It will be over all too soon.

We are on that Odyssey cruise. It is our third try to get to Israel! I hope we sail on it and you do too!
It's funny our table neighbors on the Wonder last month are sailing on the May sailing to Isreal. It looks like they'll make it barring anything crazy happening. I haven't decided if I want to sail in May or October next year, but wow what a great itinerary on a brand new ship. Have fun. Fingers crossed for you.

We are booking a Celebrity Norwegian Fjords 9 night cruise for next July. Half the price and better itinerary. Now that my son is older I can't see paying DCL pricing and at this point our upcoming transatlantic could be our last with the mouse.

This is exactly our same path we had and 4th try...
we just cancelled our June 2022 trip due to the unknowns and currently working on getting refund...FCC screws up the process...
but we are going next June 12 for the 8 nighter...
Here is to us being able to finally take that cruise! 🍸

We booked a B2B on the Wish for the end of July 2023. Prices were a bit higher than I had hoped for, but about what I expected.

We are booking a Celebrity Norwegian Fjords 9 night cruise for next July. Half the price and better itinerary. Now that my son is older I can't see paying DCL pricing and at this point our upcoming transatlantic could be our last with the mouse.
We are doing an Alakan cruse on NCL on June 2023. We got a mini suite with a lot of free perks(speciality dinners, free internet, etc.) for $6k. The DCL cruise that goes to the same ports at the same dates was going to cost over $12k with no extra perks, even an inside cabin would have cost more than the NCL. We did an Alaska cruise on DCL in 2014, so we've seen the characters in their costumes. My dd is a teen now and doesn't care about the characters or the tween/tee clubs on DCL. Not sure if we'll do DCL again if we like NCL. We've done 8 cruises on DCL, so this will be our first cruise on another line. I'd love to do a Norwegian fjord cruise. I've heard Celebrity is great.

We booked the 11-night Med on the Dream.

Maybe because early booking is the 'cheapest' but I was surprised at the prices.
The 2023 11-night Med is cheaper (!!) than the 12-night Med we had for this summer but ended up canceling.
Of course it's 1 less night but compared on a per-night basis, the 2023 cruise we booked is about 12% cheaper.
We also booked the summer 2022 Med cruise late & I guess that's why it was more expensive.

So, lesson learned, gotta book early to snag the best deals.

Hope you all get what you want at a price that works for you.
We are on the 11 night too. "cheaper" than the 11 night baltic we took in 2019 on the Magic (in same room category). Also booked earlier - so I guess that really makes a difference. Can't wait!

Is there a trick to be able to book online on the early booking day? I'm Silver, and assumed I'd be able to click through to view staterooms/prices this morning for the 9-nt Mediterranean - but it's still showing the faint "Coming Soon" button for me. :(

We just booked cat 5b Alaska for August 2023 and it was cheaper than I expect compared to the 22 rates.

Is there a trick to be able to book online on the early booking day? I'm Silver, and assumed I'd be able to click through to view staterooms/prices this morning for the 9-nt Mediterranean - but it's still showing the faint "Coming Soon" button for me. :(
Even if it looks like you're logged in (e.g. it says "Welcome, Name" at the top), you probably aren't logged in enough. Try logging out and logging in again. You might have to do that every 20-30 minutes because the website will put you back into that semi-logged-in state.

Even if it looks like you're logged in (e.g. it says "Welcome, Name" at the top), you probably aren't logged in enough. Try logging out and logging in again. You might have to do that every 20-30 minutes because the website will put you back into that semi-logged-in state.
Ugh! I keep trying to log in & out and it's not correcting the issue. Still says "Coming Soon" :(

Ugh! I keep trying to log in & out and it's not correcting the issue. Still says "Coming Soon" :(
I would check under the Castaway Club page to make sure you CC status is accurate. Also if you just recently cruised on DCL for the first time, it can take a while for your status to show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter