What defunct Disney attraction do you miss most?

Not really an attraction, but Citizens of Hollywood. I enjoyed watching them, but what I loved most was seeing my DH laughing and having such a great time!

For an attraction, Horizons.

A sort of odd one (and not really an attraction), but I miss the ESPN weeks they did when they would bring a bunch of athletes down and do a bunch of live shows from the ESPN Club and at Hollywood Studios. Of course, it helped I happened to be at the one in 2008 when the New York Giants had just won the Super Bowl, so they had some of the players down there.

Splash Mountain
Illuminations - Reflections of Earth
Horizons
Osborne Lights
Lights of Winter in Epcot
The non-politically correct Pirates

MGM (DHS) The Hunchback of Notre Dame: A Musical Adventure Show

Show Video

We saw it MANY times because Quasimodo is very important to my DS. At the end of one show we were fortunate that he came down the runway straight to DS and gave him a big hug. :hug: AND we were lucky enough to be invited to go backstage to meet Quasi and talk a few minutes. The photo of the two of them has been on his wall ever since. It is the best live show WDW has ever had, with the best music. So sad that it left.

AND ..............

Osborne Lights!!!
Although in the last years it was all Disney lights. Made a special trip down to enjoy them before they left.

DL

*Big Thunder Ranch/petting zoo
That was a fun area. I remember seeing the national turkeys one year. Also the food at the BBQ was good. (No connection to the turkeys, in case the juxtaposition of those sentences implied otherwise...)

Also, a long time ago (late 80s?), there was one ride in EPCOT where they were talking about the future and all I remember about the ride was being in a buggy similar to Peter Pan and it took you around some displays. The one that comes to mind was seeing an orange grove and then smelling the oranges. They were talking about the "smellovision", and I just remember loving the smell of those oranges.
I would guess you're thinking of Horizons.

This is in fact the much loved and amazing Horizons.

1717413661696.png1717413684667.png
1717413715301.png

The Skyway to Tomorrowand
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Plaza Swan Boats
Backlot Tour
Lights Motors Action

My first thought was Maelstrom. Reading the posts, Primeval Whirl was also fun. My DD was a big fan of the Great Movie Ride, but I don't really care. Don't think I ever rode Horizons.

Tarzan Rocks!
Food Rocks
Great Movie Ride
Maelstrom
Hunchback show
Wonders of Life Pavilion
Adventurer's Club
Main St. Electrical Parade
Original Illuminations

Maelstrom
Great Movie Ride
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Alien Encounter
Illuminations

Maelstrom
Great Movie Ride
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Alien Encounter
Illuminations

Well, on the plus side, one of those is coming back! Well, it's going to be a newly revamped show, but Voyage of the Little Mermaid - A Musical Adventure will be returning to that theater sometime later this year. I also loved that show, so I hope the new one is just as good.

The original Imagination ride is a close second. What is there now is not even close to the original. It’s like comparing the Snow White Scary Adventures to 7DMT.

The original incarnation of Imagination is second to none for me.

As to the question above about a less popular attraction I would miss if it were to leave, Tiki Room. Prefer the DLR version with the preshow that begins outdoors, but either way something charms me about the attraction -- especially with the New Management atrocity kicked to the curb.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest