• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your Disney "Sleepers"

Love Flights of Wonder too! And for us, a trip to DHS isn't complete without Muppets.

Last edited:
In honor of March Madness starting today, I thought it'd be fun to list our "sleeper" park attractions. A sleeper in sports is a team that is something that succeeds when no one thought it would. It's often overlooked but exceeds expectations.

Whether it's something overlooked, forgotten or just your personal favorite that no one seems to give love... what's your sleeper?

I'll start.

I love Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. It's pretty much the same every time but I still laugh at the cheesy jokes. It gets me every time.

The Canada Pavilion is absolutely gorgeous. A lot of people pass it by because it's the first country depending on which was you're entering. The forced perspective, detail and structure of the pavilion is amazing.

For my family, there's something about the Boardwalk. We stayed at BC this year and I can't tell you how many times I just went and walked around the Boardwalk in the morning and at night. I'm so happy to see them building it up with Ample Hills and the new speakeasy. I hope the continue to add stuff.

Great Movie Ride still does it for us. We didn't get on last year b/c it was so crowded at DHS (following Star Wars coming out) so we made sure to do it this year. It's so nostalgic.

Last—not so much attraction related.. but the donuts at Joffreys. Holy cow are they good. They look like any other donut (only on steroids) but wow are they good and fresh! I always figured "well, I can get a donut ANYWHERE." True, but these have become a favorite for me.
Donuts at Joffreys? Are these new?

Love. This. Thread. Thanks OP

Donuts at Joffreys? Are these new?

Love. This. Thread. Thanks OP

Not too new. They're GIGANTIC. Avoid the ones at the new Tomorrowland stand and other ones in direct sunlight. Got one yesterday and it was all melted. Stick to the one outside Tower of Terror or in Canada in EPCOT.

Tomorrowland Speedway for my son. Adults bored with driving in real life forget how much fun this type of ride is for kids.

My son also loves Carousel of Progress, because he's interested in technology. I enjoy it, too, because I love history.

The Carousel is one of my favorite rides.

Oh, this is cool to know about! I knew WL was decked out nicely for the holidays, but I didn't know about the choir! Now I have to figure out when we'll pop over! Thanks for sharing!

A quick Google/Youtube search reveals that local high schools and other groups are invited/selected to perform. It never appears to be advertised by Disney, so it may be a hit or miss viewing opportunity each evening. Though I imagine the WL front desk would likely know.

Great thread...

Since we typically stay at one of the Crescent Lake resorts, we always make sure one night we either get a late dinner reservation (latest possible) or get in line at Soarin/Test Track just as the park is about to close so that when we leave, we get to walk through World Showcase with little to no one around. Purposely start at Mexico to ensure the longest walk. Such a relaxing way to end the day on the walk back to the resort.

MK: Frontierland Shootin' Arcade - my boys (12 & 9) could have stayed here for an hour (same with Tom Sawyer Island). My husband and I loved the Liberty Square Riverboat. We also all love the Jungle Cruise - AT NIGHT.

Epcot: Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico), Gallery of Arts and History (Morocco). My kids loved Turtle Talk with Crush.

AK: The walkway from DINOSAUR over to Dinoland USA/Primeval Whirl - right before you walk thru Chester & Hester's Dinosaur Treasures there are a few benches and a cute dinosaur statue - this is a relaxing place to sit for a while, it's quiet and out-of-the way.

Resorts: The Boardwalk area!

A perfect combination:

Impressions of France movie, followed by a meal at Chefs de France.

I love Impressions de France. It's definitely the best of the Epcot films. It also doesn't feel dated where as China and Canada do.

For my family, there's something about the Boardwalk. We stayed at BC this year and I can't tell you how many times I just went and walked around the Boardwalk in the morning and at night. I'm so happy to see them building it up with Ample Hills and the new speakeasy. I hope the continue to add stuff.

You said it OP! For us, one of our surprise "sleepers" was the whole Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk area. I just love the look and feel of it. We first encountered it on our second visit to WDW when we took a friendship boat from HS to eat at Cape May's. Fell in love with that area. If I was willing to spend the $$$ for our family of 5 to stay in a deluxe, that would be our area of choice for sure.

As far as rides or attractions go, I agree with many and say the People Mover.

Sleeper meal was the char-grilled strip steak at the Grand Floridian Cafe. One of the best steaks we've had on property.

Dan

I believe most of mine have already been listed:
People Mover
Flights of Wonder
Grand Fiesta... used to just do it for a cool/sit down break but now it's become very nostalgic
Living with the Land... have always loved this ride and do it multiple times each trip.

also love Tiki Room and Country Bears

We love sleepers! People Mover, Spaceship Earth, Carousel of Progress, Living with the Land, and Gran Fiesta Tour are all must-do multiple times on our trips!

Just about anything that's considered boring. Carousel of Progress, Peoplemover, Tiki Room, Country Bears, Hall of Presidents

Carousel of Progress (my absolute sentimental favorite)
Hall of Presidents
Tomorrrowland Transit Authority (which will always be the WEDWay People Mover in my mind)
Walt Disney World Railroad (YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE)

Another one for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and Philharmagic – 2 family favourites! There are so many others that we really like: The Gran Fiesta Tour, Living with the Land, Carousel of Progress, The Great Movie Ride, The Muppets 3D. :)

This may be way out of the ordinary but I LOVE the China pavilion gift shops. We must have spent an hour walking through last time. Also an under rated QS chinese lunch spot. :cat:

I have another vote for the Tiki room. I loved it as a kid and still do. I think I read a nasty rumor that it might be going away. :( I hope not! My absolute favorite is Muppets 3D, though. It's a must-do every trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter