What are McDonalds prices like for you?

Yeah, and unfortunately that's the pitfall of fast food, most of it is lacking in nutrition if not outright horrible for you, hence why I try to limit it to once or twice a month, usually after a blood donation just to get something in me quickly and start regenerating what I just gave.

Panda Express is an exception for me though, there's more sustenance in a lot of their dishes then people give it credit for. My favorite dish for instance, Kung Pao Chicken, is pretty heavy on the onions, peppers and zucchini, so it's high in fat but also high in other nutrients.
I go about every other week now. In the past much more. Blood pressure is perfect, cholesterol good. Weight good. I’m on no pills. Doctor says it’s very very rare for my age bracket as most are on something. But I have genetics on my side and that counts for a lot. My father is 90 and would eat at McDonalds every chance he gets. Even at his age he’s on no pills. But otherwise I eat very good. Hardly any meat at all. Very little sweets which is hard as I’m a choclaholic. No alcohol. That’s like poison.

They have the same meal deal here for $5. A McDouble or McChicken, 4 piece nuggets, small fries, and small drink, but my guess is those are the same size as your medium.

A Big Mac is $5.39, the medium meal is $8.99.

A 10-piece nugget is $5.49, and $9.19 for the meal.

The value menu has a McChicken for $2.69, McDouble for $3.19, small fries for $2.23, and 4 piece nuggets for $2.59.

I live in CT we made the news last year with a big Mac meal deal being $19. Those are the ones at the road stops on highway. I don’t eat there so I just asked DH and he said it was $15 ($14 and change) for a Big Mac meal deal last time he went (a few months ago).

Yes the $5 meal is a McDouble or a Mc chicken. I love McDonalds and fast food in general. I would choose it over an expensive restaurant. But eating for me is about getting some nurishment somewhat quickly and moving on to the next thing.

I did this on Thursday from a meeting back to work. Pleasantly, surprised at the meal available for $5. And it was posted in the window, not even an app.

Dare I say it? McDonalds is actually quite good quality! It's fast food, I know, but it's not like it's trash. I'm always pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the speed of the service. Clean restaurants too, nicely thought out.

Just went to McD's today with my mom and 2 10 piece McNugget meals was around $23.

I suppose we should finally break down and start using the app, but it really irritates me that they're holding all the good deals hostage there. So sick of every place you go now wanting you to download their stupid app.

I am convinced that I live by one of the most expensive McDonald’s in Canada. My preferred meal of chicken and bacon mcwrap with fires and drink comes to almost $18. (can$)
Here in Calgary a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder meal with medium fries and medium drink is $13.99. When they have a limited-time specialty burger out, the combo is $15.99. Breakfast McMuffin combo with hash browns and a drink is $7.99. :( This summer the dollar-drinks and ice cream cone promotion was only available on the app.

**All prices before tax, which is 5% here. We also have a crazy city by-law where you have to pay for the bag, paper straws and napkins but I won’t get into that.

If I go to McDonald's I will only get something if there is a special going on. Like the $5 meal. Double cheeseburger, small fries, and 4 piece McNuggets. Otherwise I find McDonald's (all fast food actually) too expensive.

Central Florida here - 2 Quarter Pounders with cheese & 2 medium fries last week $19.38. Ridiculous. We were tired of eating peanut butter after Milton knocked the power out for days so we splurged 🤷

McDonald's is priced to a point where it's cheaper to go eat at a sit down restaurant with a server. That's the case with most fast food, not just McDonald's.

100% agreed.
We don't eat at McDonald's unless we are on a road trip and it is the only thing available, which happens between Charlotte and Orlando in some areas.
I usually stick to a Frappe and maybe fries.

OP, prices are way more than in the days I actually ate at McDonald's. That dollar menu is now about $1.50-$2 each. The ice cream cone is now over $2.

And then you have to add in the cost of the cardiologist and heart surgery. :)

In Maine, here are some of McDonald's daily app deals right now:

🥤 Free Medium Fries with any drink purchase ($1.29 for a large drink).
🍗 $0.29 for a 6pc McNuggets with you buy one.
📦 Free 10pc McNuggets on McDelivery orders over $15.
🍟$1.29 Any Size Fries.

Deals vary by franchise, so it may be different elsewhere!

Prices are not too bad if you use the app and watch for specials etc... Just walking up and picking what you want, the prices look a bit too high for me.

Yes, this is how they get you. The app has much lower prices if you use the special deals. The $5 deal used to be ont he app only, but is currently offered as a regular meal. I don't get McD's often, but when I do I use the app!

It’s $5 in the US. Can’t eat much cheaper than that.

Could be location dependent. The $5 meal deal at most nearby (for me) locations are $5 for a McChicken, 4 piece McNuggets, small fries, and a small drink. For some reason a McDouble (2 patties) instead of a McChicken increases that to $6. A la carte that might be over $9.

Yes, this is how they get you. The app has much lower prices if you use the special deals. The $5 deal used to be ont he app only, but is currently offered as a regular meal. I don't get McD's often, but when I do I use the app!

It's kind of weird in my area. I see both a $5 deal on the app plus normal menu prices of either $5 (McChicken) or $6 (McDouble) with that combo. But with the app I think I can get the McDouble combo for $5. The app also says that this particular deal can be use 4 times per day, which is unusual since most deals are limited to one per day.

Dare I say it? McDonalds is actually quite good quality! It's fast food, I know, but it's not like it's trash. I'm always pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the speed of the service. Clean restaurants too, nicely thought out.

Depends. Around here they typically have the meat in trays that are kept hot. But there are a few items that are cooked to order, which is much better.

It's kind of weird in my area. I see both a $5 deal on the app plus normal menu prices of either $5 (McChicken) or $6 (McDouble) with that combo. But with the app I think I can get the McDouble combo for $5. The app also says that this particular deal can be use 4 times per day, which is unusual since most deals are limited to one per day.

Yeah, they play a lot of games with the app. So many places do! I really miss when ordering was simple.

Picked up Wendy’s the other day and it was $18 for a chicken sandwich combo meal and a single cheeseburger. It’s ludicrous. Thank goodness eating at Costco is still cheap. We try to use coupons when we go out otherwise we are looking at $40-$50 for 4 of us for most restaurants.

I wish the McDonald’s app allowed you to stack deals. You can’t even claim points and use a coupon. Most other places allow you to do this because spending points is treated like a gift card.

That's another reason why the app just wouldn't work for me....I don't like piecemealing a bunch of stuff. When I go to McDonald's, I want a MEAL, that's it. I don't want just fries, or a drink, or a sandwich with NO drink, or whatever. Some form of burger (or nuggets), medium fries, medium drink. That only comes with a value meal, and it is so much easier to just order that way. Number One, done.

Yesterday I got a McDouble and a large fry for $2.99. (The fries were free with a $2 purchase in the app.)

I remember when McDoubles were 2/$2, then 2/$3. Now $2.99 each. Looked at the menu while I was waiting. A Big Mac, just the sandwich is $5.19. Crazy. They used to have specials on those 2/$4, then 2/$5. Last time I saw a special 2-for was 2/$6. That's about the most I'd pay for one, personally.

I also remember when Arby's would put their regular roast beef sandwiches on sale 5/$5. Not going to find that anymore.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest