What Alcohol is included with dinning plan?

jppeek

Mouseketeer
By any chance does anyone know what cocktails are included.

If I do quick service at Ronto Roasters can I get the Corsucant cooler speciality cocktail they offer, or if I go to Ohana can I get a Lapu Lapu?

Debating if it’s worth it or not and seems like if I can get the drinks it would be like getting a few free drink over the course of the trip (at least from my calculations).

Neither my wife or I am big beer or wine drinkers though so without cocktails probably not.

Thank you very much for your help :)

I'm not sure about the specific drinks you mentioned, but where I work, we hand out a bar menu to each table as they are sat and all of those drinks are included with the dining plan.

I'm not sure about the specific drinks you mentioned, but where I work, we hand out a bar menu to each table as they are sat and all of those drinks are included with the dining plan.
Thank you very much, hopefully they are consistent and that’s the policy most places :)

I just saw on mammoth clubs new video she said they would let her get a lapu lapu but wouldn't put it in a pineapple.

Polite pig seems to be any of their draft cocktails but won't do some hand made stuff.

Tim Tracker said Boma offered them glasses of wine that were $23 a glass. I think it's all over the place. :rotfl:

I like the idea of the dining plan because then for some reason I use Disney math and will order whatever I want. We don't drink alcohol but I think if we order some speciality drinks we will break even.

It’s strange they don’t put on the MDE menus what drinks aren’t included. They put little asterisks next to things (like steak in San Angel) that you can’t get on the DDP, why not the drinks? Would help in people like op who are planning and trying to decide if it’s worth it

on our last trip the first week of January we only did 4 sit down meals, one being breakfast. I probably shouldn't add on the plan because I don't really need to do a sit down every day. Decisions, decisions...

All items are negotiated between the dining locations and the dining plan for reimbursement. I would guess anything that is offered across the board at all restaurants would be included ~ basic wines, beer, bulk mixed cocktails and some mixed drinks depending on retail price. Each restaurant may have drinks they will not accept a credit for due to it's retail price .. but like the above comment about Lapu Lapu - you can have the drink but not the upsell of it being in the pineapple. It sounds like you just have to wait until you dine or stop by and check to see if something "above average" is included in the DDP. Like on a cruise the Deluxe Drink Package still doesn't include alcoholic drinks that you want with higher tier alcohol.

From Disney ...

"It's important to note that the dining plans include one "beverage" per meal. Guests ages 21 and over may select an alcoholic substitute, such as beer, wine, a mixed drink, or a cocktail. Some beverages are excluded from dining plans. If you have specific questions about whether a beverage or menu item is included in your dining plan, be sure to ask a Cast Member at the dining location!"

Alcoholic Beverages

Guests 21 and older may choose either one nonalcoholic beverage or one-single serving mixed cocktail, beer or wine (where offered) as part of their meal.

A single-serving alcoholic beverage includes items such as:
  • Beer or Cider
  • Wine or Sangria
  • Mixed Drinks and Specialty Cocktails

Each restaurant may have drinks they will not accept a credit for due to it's retail price .. but like the above comment about Lapu Lapu - you can have the drink but not the upsell of it being in the pineapple.
As a work-around you could take a whole fresh pineapple and hollow it out there at the bar. Then you have some fresh fruit as a small plate (except you're gonna need a big platter for all that pineapple--ironically a platter is not included in the DDP) :earboy2:

As a work-around you could take a whole fresh pineapple and hollow it out there at the bar. Then you have some fresh fruit as a small plate (except you're gonna need a big platter for all that pineapple--ironically a platter is not included in the DDP) :earboy2:
Got a good laugh out of this thought😂😂😂😂

A pineapple is a single piece of fruit. Sounds like an excellent use of a snack credit!

I am in love with the magical star cocktails, only thing I want to drink at disney, does anyone know if they are included generally?

I am in love with the magical star cocktails, only thing I want to drink at disney, does anyone know if they are included generally?
In the past I don’t think souvenir glasses and light up ice cubes were included.

Edited to add
It appears I'm mistaken or it's YMMV

Last edited:
I haven’t even seen the Magical Star on menus recently, and was wondering what happened to it! Seems like the Sunset Margarita is the more universal drink now. I did the QSDP for one day this month and spent time perusing a lot of menus.

I was wondering about Biergarten and the dining plan. Are the liter-sized drinks included in the dining plan?

By any chance does anyone know what cocktails are included.

If I do quick service at Ronto Roasters can I get the Corsucant cooler speciality cocktail they offer, or if I go to Ohana can I get a Lapu Lapu?

Debating if it’s worth it or not and seems like if I can get the drinks it would be like getting a few free drink over the course of the trip (at least from my calculations).

Neither my wife or I am big beer or wine drinkers though so without cocktails probably not.

Thank you very much for your help :)
In past years at Ohana you could get the Lapu Lapu not in the pineapple. It was a $5 upcharge to add the pineapple. One time my server didn't actually end up charging us though, even though she mentioned it when ordering. Everything else was included.

Can you get a canned beer/wine/etc at a QS resort with breakfast and save it for later? Do they open the drinks before you take them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter