What actually is a Half Bathroom?

Lovely2CU

DIS Veteran
I've seen it mentioned here before? I'm guessing a room that has less bathroom fittings!!!...:confused3

It's a bathroom with no bathTUB nor shower, just a sink and a toilet. I have a 1/2 bath downstairs and two FULL baths upstairs :)

No bathtub; no shower. Just a toilet and typically a sink.

A half bath has no shower or tub. Just a toilet and sink.

Here in the states a half bathroom refers to a "powder room." Basically you have a toilet and sink, but no shower or tub. :) Is there a different term you use for this in England?

Gotcha - thanks for the replies.

Here in the states a half bathroom refers to a "powder room." Basically you have a toilet and sink, but no shower or tub. :) Is there a different term you use for this in England?
We either call it a Toilet or Cloakroom. Cloakrooms are usually downstairs. :)

Around here in listings you see: half bath = sink & toilet, 3/4 bath = sink, toilet & shower stall, full bath = sink, toilet, and tub/shower.

Gotcha - thanks for the replies.

We either call it a Toilet or Cloakroom. Cloakrooms are usually downstairs. :)

You learn something new everyday! Our half baths are typically downstairs as well in a two story home. Although my home is different as we have a half bath downstairs, as well as the Master bedroom and Master bathroom. Our other two bedrooms are upstairs with the other full bathroom. I like having myself and my husband separated from my DD a little bit, gives us all our own space. :goodvibes

A half bathroom is a tiny room with a little toilet for people with very small bums.

What do you call a room that ONLY has a sink and a mirror. No toilet? I thought that was actaully the powder room and the 1/2 bath has no tub/or shower.

What do you call a room that ONLY has a sink and a mirror. No toilet? I thought that was actaully the powder room and the 1/2 bath has no tub/or shower.

With just a sink and mirror would probably be called a washroom?!?!?!:confused3

1/2 bath has the sink and toilet.

From watching Income Property on HGTV which I believe to be based in Canada I have learned the difference between and 3 piece and 4 piece bathroom. Three piece is toilet, sink and shower. Four piece adds a tub.

What do you call a tiny room with just a tub/shower but no sink or toilet?

My Mother in Law had this in her house. It was actually a 1 1/2 bath. There was a sink and toilet off the hallway, a door through that room to a shower/tub and a door through that room to a second sink and toilet in her room.
It was L shaped. A little odd but it worked well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest