What actually is a Half Bathroom?

my 1/2 bath is actually the biggest bathroom in the house. It's connected to the laundry room.

Wonder what my master bathroom is called? It has a sink, a toilet, and a shower the size of a bath tub, but no tub. We bought it from a couple, and the husband was disabled, and could not step into a tub, so they had the house built with the large shower. If we ever remodel we could put a tub in the space.
One house we looked at had his and hers sides to the master bath, one room, 2 sinks, 2 toilets, and 2 bathtub/shower combos. Yup, husband and wife can sit and do their business while staring at each other.:scared1:

When we were looking at houses we toured one that claimed to have a half bath in the finished basement. It did, indeed, have a toilet and a sink. However, they were right out in the middle of everything else -- the entertainment center, the desk, etc. You could sit on the toilet and pay bills, watch TV, or chat with your friends. That was a little strange. If I had been trying to sell, I think I would have built a partition around it or something!

(We did not make an offer on that house.)

What do you call a room that ONLY has a sink and a mirror. No toilet? I thought that was actaully the powder room and the 1/2 bath has no tub/or shower.
That was my understanding as well.

When we were looking at houses we toured one that claimed to have a half bath in the finished basement. It did, indeed, have a toilet and a sink. However, they were right out in the middle of everything else -- the entertainment center, the desk, etc. You could sit on the toilet and pay bills, watch TV, or chat with your friends. That was a little strange. If I had been trying to sell, I think I would have built a partition around it or something!

(We did not make an offer on that house.)

:rotfl2:

Remember seeing a movie many years ago where a young couple lived in a cheap apt. with the toilet in the middle of the single room. They placed a tee-pee tent around it.

What do you call a room that ONLY has a sink and a mirror. No toilet?

I've never heard of such a room unless it was connected to an actual bathroom (like a Jack and Jill bathroom arrangement). And in that case, it would be called a Jack and Jill bathroom. A powder room has a toilet.

:rotfl2:

Remember seeing a movie many years ago where a young couple lived in a cheap apt. with the toilet in the middle of the single room. They placed a tee-pee tent around it.

Was that "For Keeps" with Molly Ringwald?

Wonder what my master bathroom is called? It has a sink, a toilet, and a shower the size of a bath tub, but no tub. We bought it from a couple, and the husband was disabled, and could not step into a tub, so they had the house built with the large shower. If we ever remodel we could put a tub in the space.
One house we looked at had his and hers sides to the master bath, one room, 2 sinks, 2 toilets, and 2 bathtub/shower combos. Yup, husband and wife can sit and do their business while staring at each other.:scared1:

I soooo want to pull out my tub and put a tub sized shower in it's place. then I would replace the shower with shelves. My DH has Rheumatoid Arthritis and he really can't use the tub, and I use it maybe once every two months. But a huge shower with a bench and multiple heads - ahhhhhh! Maybe some day.....

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest