What’s the most positive amazing/unexpected thing you saw/did/had happen this year?

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
I’m talking you had no idea until it happened.

One of my best friends and I splurged on tickets to Sarah Brightman’s Christmas concert. She was the first actress to play Christine in The Phantom of the Opera and is on the original cast recording. I played the full box cd set a lot in high school. We love her voice but didn’t expect her to sing anything from it at the concert since that was so long ago.

When the back up choir started singing “Masquerade” (intro song to title song) my friend and I started grinning in excitement. It was amazing and I’ll never forget that

We looked at an empty house lot on a freezing cold day in January and now I am typing this in our new home in the lakes region of New Hampshire.

We moved in late September and are mostly settled. There were lots of highs and lows on the journey. Most fun: Working with an architect/interior designer. Least fun: MOVING ugh!

This has to be one of the most beautiful areas in New Hampshire. We are grateful to be here!

My husband and I went to Chicago to celebrate our anniversary. When we flew in, the weather was gorgeous - sunny and 80 degrees in April! It stayed that way for our first two days and then started cooling off. We woke up the last full day to snow. It was beautiful! It felt like the city was just trying to give us the full experience and jammed a year's worth of weather into a week. I can't explain why but it felt magical.

the weather was gorgeous - sunny and 80 degrees in April! It stayed that way for our first two days and then started cooling off. We woke up the last full day to snow. It was beautiful! It felt like the city was just trying to give us the full experience and jammed a year's worth of weather into a week
It's like that every week here. :teeth:

Glad you enjoyed our city.

I had a great week in July working with 80 amazing high school students (including my daughter) and young professionals at a STEM camp held at the US Air Force Academy. The days were very long but also very fun, and it was just such a rewarding experience. I’ll be running my own camp next summer, so it was also good training.

Eh, this year has been 50/50 on good and bad, with Murphys Law giving us a big middle finger whenever it comes to household stuff.

On a good note though, spending my daughter's birthday in London was wonderful and we definitely made some great memories there.

Bad and ultimately good this year. We had a a health (cancer) scare with DH and he had surgery which was the bad part but it ended up with a big positive as it was non aggressive with an extremely low chance of reoccurrence and no further treatment needed. The year definitely ended in a positive note. :) Very thankful.

Last edited:
I don't know if I could handle that level of mood swings in the weather on a regular basis but it was fun while we were there!
It's like that every week here. :teeth:
Just kidding on the regularity of the weather you had. You were quite lucky to have all that over a few days. We are hot and muggy in the summer and cold and snowy in the winter (though not cold and snowy yet this winter yet).
Beautiful city and the food
It is a beautiful city and the food is wonderful. Thanks for visiting and sharing your experiences.

I had a great week in July working with 80 amazing high school students (including my daughter) and young professionals at a STEM camp held at the US Air Force Academy. The days were very long but also very fun, and it was just such a rewarding experience. I’ll be running my own camp next summer, so it was also good training.
I'd love to learn more about the camp. My high school junior is interested in exploring STEM in college and is trying to narrow down his options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter