What’s the best ‘bargain’ you’ve gotten..

...on a room?

Curious if DW ever offers room deals that are too good to pass up?

In recent history have YC/BC/BW standard rooms, value season ever gone below $300/night?
I paid a bit less than that for Yacht Club for July 2015 via WDW room-only discount.

I'm paying about that amount for our upcoming late August trip to Beach Club via a deal from the travel agency I use, which books resort rooms at convention rates and then passes on the savings to clients.

Last edited:
we had CBR a couple January's ago right before they announced the construction, but I don't count that as a bargain because it was a stinkhole of the highest order even at $114/night.

:rotfl2:So funny! CBR is our greatest deal. Here it is: booked a free dining bounceback deal in September 2016 for December 2017. Construction was announced in Feb 2017. Up roar ensued, many people were moved to other resorts. I tried to get moved, but was told no because the free Dining promo was not offered for December at other moderate resorts. Actually, I was told I could move at full price but not move & keep my free dining. No thanks. However, I was offered $75 off per night. Ok, nothing I can do, took the $75 off per night bringing my room rate to $150. Disney was unprepared for the public response & everyone was getting different answers when they called. Anyway, the same day I called, Disney pulled that $75 discount & decided to give everyone who booked before a certain date a gift card with $75 per night loaded on it.

Amazingly, I kept my free dining, the $75 per night discount & also recieved the $75 per night gift card. A Triple Disney Discount!! A never before seen event! The room rack rate was $225, minus the discount, paid 150 plus free dining. The gift card paid for a 3 night stay at POR in January! :thumbsup2 If I think about it a different way: 150 (discount plus gift card) off the 225 rack rate, I paid $75 per night for room & regular dining for 2 people when all was said & done.

And that is just about what I thought CBR was worth! :rotfl2:

The hotwire deal for $78/night at the Dolphin for August. (Plus resort fee).

Other than that guess $73/night for Sports couple years ago.. Not super, but cheaptickets was giving 20% off on top of Disney's lowest price.

No idea what the exact per room rate is on any of our stays. I never break is down. But I do see sub $300 rates on Deluxe rooms from time to time. It's not that unusual at all. Not with AP rates.

Using DVC and staying at AKL in January 0f 2017 for less than the price of a moderate was really nice. They also added free dining on one January trip (5 years ago, or so) after we had already booked a room, so we called and got it added on. We were happy with the price of the room before the dining, so it was a really nice bonus.

Something no one will ever see again. In 2009 I was able to get 20% off my room and free dining, not the free dining with two quick serve meals, the one with a quick serve and a sit down meal. Oh for the return of the good old days.
In 2009 the USA was in the grip of the Great Recession where vast numbers of hardworking employees had been laid off and companies were not hiring. It's nice that you got a good deal, but that was not the "good old days" for most people.

2014... rented DVC points at the Boardwalk, $210 a night during Food and Wine. Until last summer, that was the most we've ever paid for a hotel room ANYWHERE!

It's still not a 'bargain' for most people, but I got over $300 off per night of a main building CL room at GF for this August. I always said I couldn't afford it, but when I saw that AP discount that brought it down to my budget I had to jump on it! You don't see many 35%+ discounts anymore so I'm not about to let that just float on by.

It's still not a 'bargain' for most people, but I got over $300 off per night of a main building CL room at GF for this August. I always said I couldn't afford it, but when I saw that AP discount that brought it down to my budget I had to jump on it! You don't see many 35%+ discounts anymore so I'm not about to let that just float on by.

I feel the same way about the rate for our early October trip. No discounts at all for BC, where we had a standard view rack rate room. Then a CL garden cottage popped up on the AP discount over at BWI for about $150 more a night...which was way cheaper than upgrading to CL at BC would have been, and the garden cottages have been on my bucket list forever! I think it works out to about a 40% discount. Still stupid expensive, but I feel better about getting an amazing deal on a huge fancy room than I did about paying almost the same amount for a regular room.

For my trip in the fall, going thru both Priceline and Hotwire, we were able to get the Swan and Dolphin most nights for around $130. We did end up with multiple reservations to do it, but well worth it imho.

My best deal was when I found an AKL CL room for less than Arusha Savana view! Think someone made a mistake :rolleyes1 since all CL rooms have Arusha view so booking the CL room was a no brainer!
2010 getting Poly for under $200/night with 45% AP discount. Back during the crash getting POR for $120/night GV, and WL for around $150/night. Room discounts of 40-45%. And DDP when it incl appies and tip.

Last edited:
I feel the same way about the rate for our early October trip. No discounts at all for BC, where we had a standard view rack rate room. Then a CL garden cottage popped up on the AP discount over at BWI for about $150 more a night...which was way cheaper than upgrading to CL at BC would have been, and the garden cottages have been on my bucket list forever! I think it works out to about a 40% discount. Still stupid expensive, but I feel better about getting an amazing deal on a huge fancy room than I did about paying almost the same amount for a regular room.

Seriously, I'm only paying around $200 more dollars for the whole trip staying CL at GF than I was staying non-CL at CR, for me that's a steal! I also just secured a 2 bedroom villa at BLT for a week next May renting points and saved close to $2000 on the trip simply by not booking the same room through Disney (it's also close to what I would have paid rack rate for a regular deluxe room, and now we'll have two rooms and a kitcken/living area!)

Had a package deal at the GF-CL in the main building. Was back in about 2005/06
Paid for 4 nights stay, got 3 free.

That deal was also good on the park tix, buy 4 day, 3 bonus (with park hoppers)

Ended up being about 43% savings on both the resort and park tix!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter