What’s for Dinner Tonight?

A hamburger topped with sliced avocado, sun-dried tomato jam, carmelised onions and mushrooms.
Wish I still had some cottage cheese (my fav burger condiment!) but used the end of it in the avocado soup earlier this week. Oh well, the fridge is definitely emptying out and I used some thin sliced cabbage and carrot slaw to replace the cheese instead.

Father’s Day so we had steamed crabs (we’re in Maryland and do this every Father’s Day) grilled chicken, corn on cob, my Mac and cheese, crab dip, and dessert was watermelon, banana pudding (magnolia bakery’s recipe-so good), chocolate pie and cheesecake. We’ll be having it again for tomorrows dinner because there’s a ton left.

Cheeseburgers (hamburger for DH, black bean for me), pasta salad, tossed salad with the last of the red lettuce we grew. I am attempting to make strawberry sorbet for dessert.

Last edited:
Potage Crécy (aka purée of carrot soup) in honor of Tata Louise, the great grand aunt of my children who began and encouraged my love of her native cuisine.

Didn’t realize her birthday was this week until I discussed pulling a ziplock bag of soup out of the freezer with DGD. Apparently, members of the family will be visiting her grave this month. How nice that she is being celebrated on two continents!

I’m a lazy lima bean today so only serving broiled lamb chops with the soup.

trying some Facebook bait I saw....

French dip beef sandwiches... using steak on sale with some canned soup (beef consommé and French Onion) and the Instant Pot. Seemed simple... mix and cook,... although they used a slow cooker.... then basically strain and shred, put on soft bread rolls and use the juice for a dip.

we shall see how this goes, if it is a One & Done or a repeater....

Update: very tasty, would make again

Last edited:
Roasted the sheet pan chicken today. So easy marinating the meat in a mayo base and I imagine this technique will be a keeper throughout the summer.
Half way thru roasting the chicky I added frozen corn and peas to the pan with shredded cabbage. Took about thirty minutes to cook dinner for a few days.

Finished the last of the strawberry sorbet and hope for another fruit sale so I can make sorbet again.
Sounds intriguing.What are the ingredients for the marinade?

Tonight is BLTs, pasta salad (a boxed one from Aldi - the dill pickle one? I added peas and cheese and onion to it..), and then I have raw carrots/dip and strawberries.

Since I was in office yesterday, it was fend for yourself and me and the kid had make your own mini pizzas - I had pesto, mushroom, mozz. He had similar but with pepperoni on it, too.

Sounds intriguing.What are the ingredients for the marinade?

Adapted from a Melissa Clark recipe.
For every two pounds of boneless chicken

• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • ¼cup finely chopped basil, plus more for garnish
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely grated or minced
  • 1fresh jalapeño pepper, cored, seeded + chopped OR 1/2 cup jalapeño pickles

Mix above in a bowl with poultry, cover and marinate for 6 to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken on sheet pan, season with salt, spray or drizzle with oil and cook for twelve minutes.
If you like add frozen corn to the empty pan spaces with scallions and basil added to it at the halfway point and cook for the remaining six minutes. Move pan to broil setting and allow contents to brown for about three minutes.

Cook’s notes: no basil? Substitute an equal amt of any tender green herb you’ve on hand.

HTH!

I’m a lazy lima bean today so only serving broiled lamb chops with the soup.
We must be using different dictionaries.
Hotter than the face of the sun here today so expending minimal effort is a must. Lazy here is turkey taco Tuesday. Definite period at the end of that sentence, no fancy fixins, nary a homemade salsa in sight. Heaviest lift will be deciding if we put it in hard or soft shells.

We must be using different dictionaries.
Hotter than the face of the sun here today so expending minimal effort is a must. Lazy here is turkey taco Tuesday. Definite period at the end of that sentence, no fancy fixins, nary a homemade salsa in sight. Heaviest lift will be deciding if we put it in hard or soft shells.
Joan Crawford advising Butterfly McQueen on how to cook lamb chops:

😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter