What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Last night was pasta, meatballs and Cesar salad. I skipped the pasta and added a tomato mozzarella salad to my meal. We are out of town for the weekend and I needed to use the tomatoes.

Out of town this weekend so tonight and tomorrow we will eat out. Sunday dinner will depend on what time DD’s team finishes up on Sunday. Unlikely that I will cook, but might be takeout when we get home or possibly drive through on the road.

--->
Chicken cutlets (of course they needed to make an appearance). I forgot we had a pack of chicken in the fridge so decided to make them rather than freeze the chicken. DH's favorite so that will be lunches and dinners for a few days off and on for him. Cook once, eat multiple times works for me. It's one of the few things he will eat leftover so I take advantage.

Okay, it was time to go treasure hunting.

A ziplock bag of mini meatballs, similar amt of ricotta dumplings, and the last container of zuchinni Parisienne from the freezer. Made some sauce from a few canned peeled tomatoes and 1/4 of an onion that once cooked I added various chopped green herbs to and placed on the bottom a a casserole dish. Placed the meat and ricotta atop, and baked in the oven next to the zucchini.

When everything was heated thru put some of each dish on a plate and an odd job of complimenting each other was accomplished.

We spent the day getting yard work done (the weather was fantastic). I tossed some turkey burgers on the grill and finished up an open bag of tator tots. Not very exciting but it was quick and easy and I was wiped out.

Long day helping our kiddo move. We ordered food delivered from a local taco joint. I had a smoked brisket taco on a house made corn tortilla with avocado, cilantro, grilled onions, cojita and tomatillo salsa. So good after a long day of lifting.

We have out-of-town family in who were craving Alberta beef. BBQ steak with garlic-parmesan butter, a side of gnocchi with cream and pesto and a caesar salad. I made brownies earlier and put them together for sundaes with strawberry ice cream and hot fudge.

In a world of poor planning we had chicken for lunch and dinner. 🤷‍♀️ we spent the day getting more yard work done (this weather is fantastic!) and I didn’t really think it through.

Lunch was chicken Cesar wraps and dinner was chicken tacos.

Another clean it up, move it out day.

Poached chicken and frozen peas from the freezer.
The last avocado, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, romaine lettuce and a bit of pancetta from the fridge.

Threw it into the air, caught it and it was a composed salad
Alright, alright…maybe I dinna catch it but it was still a salad 😉

In a world of poor planning we had chicken for lunch and dinner. 🤷‍♀️ we spent the day getting more yard work done (this weather is fantastic!) and I didn’t really think it through.

Lunch was chicken Cesar wraps and dinner was chicken tacos.
..the chickadees of your area are in hiding…😁

I made a MASSIVE batch of spaghetti sauce yesterday, so last night was that, over noodles, with garlic toast and lemon brussel sprouts.

Tonight is spaghetti pie and broccoli. Quick and easy.

I'm heading out of town this week so the males will be eating the sauce all week...they swore up and down a few years ago they could live on spaghetti and tacos. So...this will test that 😁

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest