"We've been, we've seen, we've done it" Trip Report - Day 2

mummyal

<font color=darkorchid>Think it was too much jiggi
Day 2 - Friday, 19th December

So much for a lie-in this morning. I was up at 7.15 (didn't really sleep well either) and the kids pretty much woke up shortly after I did. We were down at breakfast at 7.50 (shock horror that DH actually managed to get ready so quickly for once lol). On the way to the restaurant, we saw Goofy doing 'meet n greet', so we stopped for a quick hello & a photo.
P1000941.jpg

Breakfast was pretty good - will add pics in the hotel thread soon. Tummies full, we went back to our room to get our bag & buggy and off we went to the park. Got there at about 9.30 and saw Mickey hanging around. Went up to have a photo with him and as usual, there were others there who were trying to push their way to the front. The CM then told everyone that Mickey will choose who's going to be next. There was still the odd one or two who wouldn't listen (or perhaps couldn't understand?!) but the CM was quite firm with them.
P1000953.jpg

We managed to get in to Fantasyland at 9.55 am. Felt quite smug waving the Easy Pass to the guard and by-passing those waiting at the rope :rolleyes1 .

We went on the Snow White & Pinocchio rides (have never done these before). Went over to Peter Pan, got a Fastpass for half an hour later. Adam wanted to go on Dumbo again, so we did.
P1000959.jpg

After that, it was just the right time for Peter Pan. We then went to Alice's Curious Labyrinth. We have never been inside the maze before and the kids enjoyed it very much.
P1000961.jpg
P1000965.jpg
P1000972.jpg

Next stop was the Casey Jr train roller coaster ride & the Storybook ride - both were walk-ons. We then took a walk through Belle's Village, which I hate to say was basically rubbish lol.

Louise really wanted to go on BTM again, so we headed to Frontierland but realised that the Sleeping Beauty show was just about to start. We stayed and watched that. Louise commented that the Princess Aurora we saw in April was much 'nicer and prettier' :rotfl: Not many people were queueing up to get the Prince's autograph, so we went up to make him feel a bit more 'wanted' lol.
P1000982.jpg
P1000990.jpg

P1000995.jpg

So, yes, BTM. Once again, only a 20-minute wait. I had instructed DH to put his arms around Louise quite firmly but I guess he didn't hug her quite as tight as I did. When they came out, she told me that she never ever wants to go on it ever again until she is 20 :rotfl: (During this time, Ema & I bumped into each other and had a little chat. Her hubby & older DD were also queueing up for BTM).

As we came out of Frontierland, we saw the Disney Character Express whizzing past. We made our way to Adventureland for PoTC (again, this was another first for us) and was basically a walk-on (at 12.45pm). As soon as we entered, DS started crying & saying he wanted to go out the other way. I refused to give in to him and carried on walking and walking. Finally arrived at the boat (what a long walk!) and he kind of stopped after that. I talked to him, pointed things out to him and made funny remarks throughout the ride and he seemed okay until we got the last 'drop'. The drop was actually nothing compared to the one at Chessington's but I had a feeling he was extremely tired as well, which set him off. He only cried for a few seconds and was okay once we got out. Can't really see us in this pic. Adam was sat on my lap.

P1010017.jpg

We were starving and we couldn't decide whether to just grab a hotdog or have a sit-down meal. In the end, we went to Cafe Agrabah. It was actually rather nice. The middle-eastern cuisine was a welcome change (eventhough it was only our 2nd day there lol). The annoying thing was I forgot to use my shareholders' discount (I only remembered about this when I was paying for the toys in the shop later on that day:headache: ). Would've saved us 10 euros there. Grrr.

The Castle on a sunny day
P1010028.jpg

The kids wanted to buy something, so we popped into one of the shops on Main Street. Louise bought Dumbo and Adam bought Lumpy (or Heffalump). Funny that they both chose elephants this time round (they both chose ducks in April).
P1010033.jpg
P1010040.jpg

We bumped into Santa Goofy when we came out of the shop.

P1010034.jpg
P1010038.jpg

It was nearly time for the parade, so we booked our spot just outside Casey's Corner. There was a lovely CM who was directing "people traffic". Lots of people tried to squeeze past us or in between us to get to the shops etc but the CM was fab in that he came and told those people to not do that but to go round the bend instead. Naturally, there were a few who moaned and had a slight go at him but he just shrugged at them.

The parade was nice but as mentioned before elsewhere, there seemed to be less CMs or dancers in between the floats this time round. The ones which I really noticed were the green soldiers and also the ladies dressed up in colourful can-can style dresses (there were only 3 ladies this time).

After the parade, Adam fell asleep. So we went to City Hall to book dinner at California Grill for 6.30pm. We went back to the hotel for a rest and also to freshen up. Dinner for us was only okay unfortunately. Maybe the chef had an off-day lol. Will post about that in the review thread. We also got another 'freebie' this evening. Well, not quite a freebie but might as well have been. We also ordered a bottle of wine and 2 coffees at the end, so we would've had to pay an extra 38 euros (yes, the wine was pricey). The lady came back and told us that we didn't have to pay for the kids' meals - they had this offer where one kid ate free with one paying adult if we were seated before 7. So, she used the face value of both their vouchers and we only had to pay 8 euros in the end:woohoo: .

After dinner, we went back to the hotel. It was already 9ish but the kids weren't tired yet :eek: , so we went to the kids' corner. There was a colouring corner and also a telly. No toys like they have at Sequoia. Hung around for 10 mins or so and headed to the lift. On the way, Louise spotted Pluto. So they ran after him to get his autograph.
P1010195.jpg

Another late night for the kids - they went to bed at 10... tired (they finally admitted it lol) but happy:) .

Another great day, with fab photos:goodvibes

wow you were lucky with your freebies lol i love all your pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter