Western Carib documents...

SeaDog

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this question has been asked before so I apologize for the repost... what documents are required for the 7-day Western? Will a birth certificate hack it or will we need pass ports/visas or whatever? Thanks...

Noticed my post seeking opinions about Brand X cruises lasted about a day. Is there a policy about seeking opinions about other cruises on this board? Definately don't want to rock the boat.

To my knowledge, there's no policy against discussing other cruise lines on this board. I've participated in several such discussions here.

To answer your question, you'll be OK with birth certificate and photo ID, although I prefer to travel with a passport whenever I leave the country. Here's what DCL says:

All U.S. and Canadian citizens must travel with proof of citizenship, which is a valid passport, or certified birth certificate (with official raised seal) and picture identification, or a certified naturalization certificate with a picture identification. Acceptable forms of picture identification are state or provincial driver's license, or federal, state, province, or local government photo I.D. card. Guests age 17 and under who are U.S. or Canadian citizens are only required to have proof of citizenship, excluding picture identification. These guidelines are based on U.S. government regulations which are subject to change at any time. It is the Guest's responsibility to check with their Travel Agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper documentation. Any Guest traveling without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the vessel and no refund of cruise fare will be issued.
New security guidelines require all adult Guests to show a picture I.D. to embark and disembark the ship in all ports, excluding Castaway Cay. Please be advised that anyone under the age of 18 wishing to go ashore unaccompanied will be required to have a consenting parent, guardian or other responsible adult with them at the gangway, to provide their signature as authorization.

the important thing when bringing your bith certificate, it must be the original with the raised seal on it. Photocopies are not accepted.

- David

As always, this forum continues to be a source of quick, direct information... thanks! Oh, Mr. Ferrari... got any spare F-50's sitting around you want to park in my garage...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter