Welk resort or Grand Pacific Palisades

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
When we go on our trip to Disneyland we plan on hitting up Sandiego and Carlsbad to go to Legoland, Sea World, and maybe zoo. Has anyone stayed at Welk resort in san Diego or Grand Pacific Palisades? I am not a time share owner but like to rent a 2br villa for a couple days, wiht 3 kids it is much better than a hotel room. If anyone has stayed in these villas please tell me your opinion on them or any other rsorts in that area that have 2br villas that you liked. Thanks

If you had one daywould you go to San Diego zoo or Animal park? :banana:

Grand Pacific Palisades were great. You might have trouble getting the kids to leave the pool area though. ;) My kids loved the pool area. It's across the street from a Costco so you can stock up on food and water to take with you to the various parks. Also, I'd go zoo over animal park.

Have Fun!!

Between the two you've listed, I'd go with the Grand Pacific Palisades because of its location. Both resorts are at least a 45-50 minute drive from Downtown San Diego, but the Grand Pacific Palisades is closer to more of the action (the beach, Legoland, the Flower Fields, Carlsbad Company Stores, Museum of Making Music, and of course, Disneyland). The Welk resort is more inland and IMO it's more out of the way from most of the tourist spots, with the exception of San Diego's Wild Animal Park.

I'd also choose the San Diego Zoo over the Wild Animal Park, especially if you're planning on going during the warmer months.

BUT....if you don't want to drive 45-50 minutes to San Diego, consider this place:

Glorietta Bay Inn in Coronado, CA

It's not a resort; however, it's RIGHT across the street from the Hotel Del Coronado. DH and I love this place. We've stayed in one of their Mansion rooms, but they have two bedroom/two bath suites available in what they call their "Contemporary Inn Suites". It's also very, very close to San Diego (just over the bridge) and all the attractions.

Just another option to consider. Have a great time!

4 of my neighbors have a timeshare unit at Pacific Palisades. The young kids love the pool area and all the special kids activities they offer.

My inlaws traded a week so we could stay at the Grand Pacific Palasades 2 years ago. It was just beautiful. I have not stayed at the other place you mentioned but we did consider the location then. The location was not so convenient. Grand Pacific Palasades is up on a hill and has beautiful sweeping views of the ocean. You can not stay closer to Legoland than this. Some of the units on the other side than the ocean have Legoland views. It is about 30 minutes from San Diego, and about 60 minutes from Disneyland. Carlsbad is a very nice place to stay. It has quite a few pretty beaches with a long stretch of paved walkway along it. Carlsbab also has quite a good selection of restaurants including a Claim Jumper which we love. Talk about huge portions! Carlsbad's downtown area is very quaint with many shops to visit. Oh, and you could take the train into San Diego from there. That's all I can think of to say about it now. Let me know if you have any more specific questions. I'll help if I can!

We stayed at the Welk Resort for a week last summer. There is an older section and a new section (involving quite a bit of construction). We were in the older section which required quite a hike to the main pool area. There are smaller pools scattered throughout the property. The units are quite nice and there were scheduled activities throughout the day. I think that if I was travelling with smaller children, however, I would prefer to be closer to the ocean and Legoland. There was not too much to do in the area surrounding the Welk Resort other than the Wild Animal Park. If you have not been to the Zoo, I would suggest the Zoo over the Wild Animal Park - especially with smaller children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter