Wedding Planning: MOSTLY SO EXCITING, but stressful also in some ways!

I do a happy dance every time I get a no! We are sweating it out right now on guest count. We will be under the 250 of our venue max, but I want to be closer to 220. We were expecting to have to chase down my dad's brothers response card, he is a very nice generous man, but very irresponsible, it came back yesterday! I was shocked!

Side note, we also had one of my DF's relatives ask if she could bring her son, who will be almost 2 come wedding time. I told her we are not having kids because if we invite one we have to invite all, and our kid count would have been 52. No. I want 52 friends there, not 25 of my friends/relatives kids. I am not offended if someone cant come because of their kids. I completely get it, but please dont be offended when I dont want kids there.

I know exactly what you mean. And it's like these parents never had a wedding or knew someone close who had one. We understand if you can't come, can't get a babysitter, can't get off from work, etc. We have all been there.

I do a happy dance every time I get a no! We are sweating it out right now on guest count. We will be under the 250 of our venue max, but I want to be closer to 220. We were expecting to have to chase down my dad's brothers response card, he is a very nice generous man, but very irresponsible, it came back yesterday! I was shocked!

Side note, we also had one of my DF's relatives ask if she could bring her son, who will be almost 2 come wedding time. I told her we are not having kids because if we invite one we have to invite all, and our kid count would have been 52. No. I want 52 friends there, not 25 of my friends/relatives kids. I am not offended if someone cant come because of their kids. I completely get it, but please dont be offended when I dont want kids there.
CONGRATS :cheer2:to you! I completely "get it"! Hopefully, you won't have another relative ask if they can bring the kiddies!:eek:
ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY!:love:

Haha, I'm so glad to hear everybody is having the same kid issues ;) makes me feel better.
As for the happy dance, that was so me half a year ago! We invited 30 people explicitly for the ceremony, but there was more space, so we told the other guests they could be there if they wanted, but they needed to RSVP (so there would be enough chairs set out). And then we kept getting yes for the ceremony! The room was really filled to capacity (with people standing, because no more chairs would fit). In the end we were sort of saved by an accident on the highway nearby which caused just enough people to be late for the ceremony for there to be just enough chairs (all the 30 explicitly invited guests were there, otherwise we would have delayed the ceremony). The venue told they never had this happen, most of the time there are around 20 people extra (which is what we counted on as well), but not 60!

We have invited 271 people and have 23 confirmed "no's". A few more and I will feel comfortable sending out B list invites lol. RSVP deadline is in 2 weeks so we will see what happens. We are still waiting on 166 RSVPs, including most of my bridal party and my sister!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter