Delete Thread

I’m with you on loving the Spider-Man ride, it was my favorite ride until FJ came along! I’m bad at MIB but I do like it. I read about your tour last time, that sounds cool! I love the first MIB movie, “what the heck is that Egger” :rotfl:

Great first day though I gotta say you look way too put together for 4:30 am :-)

What a stressful start to your trip! But glad everything was sorted out and you made it ok! Sounds like a great start in the parks!

We went to pick up Josh's brother (Josh drives and his brother takes the car home), but his brother was still asleep :confused3 It took Josh a bit to get him up, and I'm not sure why he didn't just set an alarm.
It's always hard to get visibly annoyed when people do that, because at least they are helping with the car... but still, pretty annoying!

Our next snag came when we headed to Starbucks. The flight was boarding in 20 mins, and 15 mins later the line had only moved 2 people forward o_O
Wow, that totally sucks!

Baggage claim went smoothly for the most part too, except for the fact that they automatically set our luggage to the side? We didn't see it on the carousel, but Josh spotted a lady moving it out of the area they set the baggage in if no one claims it. But they had just started unloading and it never went around. Josh only spotted it because my aunt got a ridiculously large luggage tag from a friend recently. Then I had to show ID and proof it was my bag (which I always hold onto, but have never been asked for).
Weird! And not helpful at all!

Finally we made it to RPR!

Yk1lqhgl.jpg
LOVE that photo of you guys!

We were curious before the trip about the contract Marvel has with Universal, and I thought other Disney fans might find this interesting too so here's what we found out: The contract it's actually indefinite :eek: so either Universal has to say they no longer want Marvel or Marvel has to feel that they're hurting their brand somehow. As long as they promise to maintain and operate the area it looks like it stays there. I think it's because the contract was signed in the early/mid 90's before the superhero craze and long before Disney purchased Marvel.

They can update things, but can't make characters look like the Disney version, and Disney can advertise for movies but it's kind of murky when it comes to rides and meet and greets because some characters are okay, but some aren't. For instance GOTG are a property Disney can use, but some characters stories' (Drax according to what I read) are more closely intertwined with the X-Men/Fantastic Four (which Universal has) so they might not be able to use him on the advertising for the new ride without special permission.
It really is crazy: you can use this character, but not this one. Can't use these words, but others are fair game, etc. It's easier out here because DLR has Marvel while all the DC Universe is at Six Flags. I don't even think they have superheroes at Universal Hollywood!

I guess a belt or something rusted off from around/near my muffler and a bolt had fallen out that was keeping it attached. Josh assured me it would be no big deal to fix. And he fixed it the day we got back, for $3

Wow that is great! I would have paid some guy like a hundred bucks to look at it. :sad:

We tore everything apart, and I finally found it right before our turn!
We don't function well in the morning :lmao:

Whew! I always worry that I misplace my boarding pass. I know you can get it on your phone nowadays but still, I like having the paper boarding passes.

Is there a specific reason they would automatically place a bag to the side or is it something we did? It's never happened before, and it wasn't really bothersome; I just want to avoid it again because I have a feeling if we hadn't spotted it before they moved it out of the area it would've been a real hassle to claim it.

Hmm, sometimes if a bag comes on an earlier flight they might do that although not sure what happened in your case. Maybe there were too many bags on the belt and yours were the first ones off the plane so they put it to the side? :confused3

... and the Loungefly bags they sell at Universal are $20 more than at Disney, which is $30 more than they sell them for on Amazon :eek: We may have ended up leaving the store empty handed, and buying some "souvenirs" cheaper on Amazon later in the week.

Haha, that is always the case. It's cheaper to not shop at Disney for Disney stuff. :rotfl:

We were curious before the trip about the contract Marvel has with Universal, and I thought other Disney fans might find this interesting too so here's what we found out: The contract it's actually indefinite :eek: so either Universal has to say they no longer want Marvel or Marvel has to feel that they're hurting their brand somehow. As long as they promise to maintain and operate the area it looks like it stays there. I think it's because the contract was signed in the early/mid 90's before the superhero craze and long before Disney purchased Marvel.

Yup, and Universal has to make a movie every few years otherwise they may lose the rights, that's why we've seen so many incarnations of Spiderman and X-Men.

They can update things, but can't make characters look like the Disney version, and Disney can advertise for movies but it's kind of murky when it comes to rides and meet and greets because some characters are okay, but some aren't. For instance GOTG are a property Disney can use, but some characters stories' (Drax according to what I read) are more closely intertwined with the X-Men/Fantastic Four (which Universal has) so they might not be able to use him on the advertising for the new ride without special permission.

Who knows, maybe there will be an X-men crossover in Avengers 4. :laughing:

I'm here! I've fallen behind on everyone's trip reports :sad2:

I guess a belt or something rusted off from around/near my muffler and a bolt had fallen out that was keeping it attached. Josh assured me it would be no big deal to fix. And he fixed it the day we got back, for $3 :rotfl:

That handsome and he's handy too? Definitely a keeper!

Our next snag came when we headed to Starbucks. The flight was boarding in 20 mins, and 15 mins later the line had only moved 2 people forward o_O

If you're reading my DTR you'll know that my breakfast ended up being potato chips :rotfl:

lFLH1i9.gif

Then when we were about 5 seconds from boarding, Josh told me he couldn't find his boarding pass...

fiHfmzG.gif

We tore everything apart, and I finally found it right before our turn!

We don't function well in the morning :lmao:

Wow…rough morning! I would have been soooooo tense and cranky with all of that going on!

Baggage claim went smoothly for the most part too, except for the fact that they automatically set our luggage to the side?

Really strange. I've never had that happen :confused3

Finally we made it to RPR!

Yk1lqhgl.jpg

Beautiful picture…time to relax!

I find that all very confusing. Mike (who knows nothing about Disney) knows exactly who all you're talking about because he's a super comic book nerd :goodvibes

First we rode Spiderman which is my favorite ride at IOA:
I like this ride too; can't say my favorite but except for a couple quick parts it doesn't make me nauseous so it's a win lol

When it opened I remember a lot of people being disappointed with this attraction, but we've always liked it.
I wasn't impressed the first time I rode it and I do miss the old King Kong attraction, but the 2nd time I was on it I liked it a bit more :)

Random but speaking of weird rules we actually have a super weird Six Flag/non Six Flags in our area (pretty much our only local theme park). It’s called Great Escape, and it originally opened as a fairytale/nursery rhyme park in 1954 called Storytown Usa
Aw, my Storytown :love: I know I've told you we went here every year when I was little (but not, NOT in the 50's/60's lol!!!!). It was so fun!! And very well maintained back then of course.

It has a lot of fairytale stuff and walkthroughs that are pretty old and not very well maintained. (Although I don’t think any of it is leftover from 1954 but the Alice in Wonderland one opened in the 60’s)
I may be imagining this but didn't you tell me some of the small fairytale "houses" are still there? Like Peter Piper's house and the 3 Little Pig's houses? Maybe not and I just told you about them :scratchin

That Fast and the Furious ride seems like a hard pass from me. I feel like that theme could have been well done with a rollercoaster, or heck, rip off Test Track technology.

This room looks so lovely! Maybe someday I'll actually stay in a Universal hotel.

Love it!

After dinner we headed back to the room for the night, but of course when we got to our room we realized that somehow we had both left our keys in the room

This is what happens when the room key isn't a MB! :rotfl:

I should mention before going any further that we're not Fast and Furious fans, we've never seen any of the movies, don't care much for cars, and I'm not a fan of Michelle Rodriguez because I'm still not over Ana Lucia aka the worst character on Lost :rotfl:
I've never seen any of the movies either because I can't stand Vin Diesel and don't like car movies anyway lol

"Wait in Line: The Ride" :rotfl:
:laughing:

Our opinion after riding was that they put so much detail into the queue and it really was the best part (and the longest too there were at least 5 rooms before the 2 pre-shows, + the loading area spanned quite a bit of space too), but it felt like they just didn't put in the effort when it came to the ride itself.
This is the same thing I'm hearing from clients and others who have been on the ride; it's a consistent thumbs down. Shame too because so many people were looking forward to it and that movie chain does have lots of fans :(

Finally here and following along. I always love your TRs because they’re always entertaining and informative. puckerup:

Ha! I was 16 when the first movie came out. I saw it in theaters with a friend. I remember peeling out of that parking lot in my 1987 Honda Civic like I was driving a Ferrari. Yeah, good times back then.

The room looks very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter