We’ve Arrived at Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point!

Just an update to this, I did notice in some newer cruise blogs that they had wagons for kids at the start of the pier so you don't have to kill yourself carrying them to the island.

And they had them on the way back too.

Nothing like destroying Dad's back on vacation by carrying a tired four or five year old a half mile both ways.
I wonder if they have a lot of them. I wish you could reserve strollers/wagons, like you do floats on Castaway Cay.

Trying to figure out the Cabana area at Lighthouse,it seems to be in a different area from most of the activities and family beach? I mean, I'm interested, as shade is a perk I'm all for, but I'm going to be there next summer with a 8, 10,12 yr old. So proximity to food drinks bathrooms and other activities like the splash area are important also.

I haven't seen any postings about them yet. Are they being used yet?

Trying to figure out the Cabana area at Lighthouse,it seems to be in a different area from most of the activities and family beach? I mean, I'm interested, as shade is a perk I'm all for, but I'm going to be there next summer with a 8, 10,12 yr old. So proximity to food drinks bathrooms and other activities like the splash area are important also.

I haven't seen any postings about them yet. Are they being used yet?
There are a couple of YouTube videos about them. They have their own restaurant and bathrooms located at the cabana beach. For splash pad and activities you would have to take the tram to the family beach. Seems like it is designed to be a private retreat away from the action.

There are a couple of YouTube videos about them. They have their own restaurant and bathrooms located at the cabana beach. For splash pad and activities you would have to take the tram to the family beach. Seems like it is designed to be a private retreat away from the action.
It seems like the locations of the family cabanas and adult cabanas should have been switched.

It seems like the locations of the family cabanas and adult cabanas should have been switched.
I agree—mostly because it looks like the family beach is wavy/rocky and so not great for little kids. But I also get what they were thinking—pretty much all the family guests are concierge, and a lot of folks book concierge specifically because they want something exclusive/private, separate from the crowds.

Thanks, I had seen some diagrams, but hadn't seen videos yet. I'll keep looking. But having to take a tram back to the action?? I mean especially if you have older kids, like in the tween category, who like a little freedom, that's a little problematic. I like to let them roam a little(not in the water without me) I booked our cruise for this group as a way to keep a promise - I took my oldest grand and niece last year on a short Wish cruise. Next summer this is their turn and they love the beach so both Castaway and Lighthouse seemed ideal, and I could afford consierge on this one. Didn't want to have to rope drop beach chairs near water, so considered cabana, but away from it all isn't what I'm looking for with kids.
Guess I'll wait and see what gets changed between this and next summer. I'm sure they will look and surveys and reviews. I was just excited to hear what people were saying

This is a common comment, and certainly as an Adult I would have preferred it switched too.. but it's not that simple. Disney clearly is addressing a market.. there are 20 family cabanas, 6 adult only. Switch them and only have 6 family cabanas? can you imagine the complaints then! why do the adults get all the cabanas etc etc. It's a similar ratio at CC. so .. you might say.. then just build more family ones out there.. maybe there is the space for it, maybe not. probably not, we dont know all their restrictions on land use. I am pretty sure Disney would have switched them if they could.

Hope this is the right/best place to ask this. Will be at Lookout Cay next fall on a cruise that will also stop at Castaway. Would love to run a 5km on both islands but last I heard Lookout was not running one? Am I just bad at googling? Has there been any talk of them starting a 5km in the future? I know Disney seems more intent on not damaging the natural balance on this island, so perhaps they made an intentional decision not to create a 5km running path? Thanks!

I believe the CC path was an afterthought. It is also only there because of the runway. Where they did use up some natural space for part of the path, I think it was just so they had something to do with the eyesore. I don’t believe there are plans for Lookout to have have one.

I believe the CC path was an afterthought. It is also only there because of the runway. Where they did use up some natural space for part of the path, I think it was just so they had something to do with the eyesore. I don’t believe there are plans for Lookout to have have one.

Thank you! Was hoping it would be like the other rundisney weekends where you get a medal for each race and a bonus medal if you complete both. I have also read though that the CC one is no longer an organized event, you can just show up and run the distance whenever you wish and then collect your medal. This also means the runners no longer don't get the option of disembarking earlier than everyone else. Wasn't my motivation but a nice extra. Lol Thank you again.

Hope this is the right/best place to ask this. Will be at Lookout Cay next fall on a cruise that will also stop at Castaway. Would love to run a 5km on both islands but last I heard Lookout was not running one? Am I just bad at googling? Has there been any talk of them starting a 5km in the future? I know Disney seems more intent on not damaging the natural balance on this island, so perhaps they made an intentional decision not to create a 5km running path? Thanks!
I would not be surprised to see them offer a 5K, but I am not sure they are ready.
I do not think they have given guests the opportunity to walk from the dock to Goombay. When we were there in July, there was still quite a bit of construction. So, it may not be safe. Once they are done with the big projects, they could do a 5K.

The construction may also be why they haven't opened the bike trails - same road.

I
I would not be surprised to see them offer a 5K, but I am not sure they are ready.
I do not think they have given guests the opportunity to walk from the dock to Goombay. When we were there in July, there was still quite a bit of construction. So, it may not be safe. Once they are done with the big projects, they could do a 5K.

The construction may also be why they haven't opened the bike trails - same road.
I think this is the answer. I have seen YouTube videos where they show signage for the bike trails and 5K but those have not yet been constructed

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest