We’ve Arrived at Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point!

I was at coco cay in November. You ordered your food and they prepared it for you, It was not a buffet. My friend ordered hers without a bun with no issues. We were on south beach, not in the beach club and did not pay extra for anything on the island.
In February it was a buffet (I'm not talking the Beach Club or the Snack Shacks. I'm talking about the main eating place) and hamburgers and hot dogs were already bunned. I shouldn't have to special order when you can very simply not combine them.

It was changed after guest complaints View attachment 867829
Well, good. It wasn't that way in February when I was there from Anthem of the Seas.

Regarding Nature Trail- Are those figures on the info signs metal? Little hands will want to touch them. Do not want anyone getting burned.

Ben & David mentioned a figure being hot so curious if same ones on nature trail

Little hands need to be told NO by parental mouths. And Parental eyes need to keep an eye on little hands.

A friend on the preview cruise was told (idk by who onboard) that the pier cannot support the weight of trams. Idk how true or not this is but just throwing this out there.

It wasn't designed to. But that's the problem. If you are going to have a 1/2 mile pier and your primary clientele is families, then you build the pier to support it, with a turnaround at the end.

If the ship pulled up to the massive pier and then we all see a tram stop at the end, we'd all be saying: "See, that's the Disney difference and why I love Disney - they think of everything and go the extra mile." That's what we all said when we first saw Castaway Cay. Disney of today is so disappointing. I don't want to be critical of Disney - I hate it. But everything out of them lately is just so below expectations and so far below how this company used to wow us and why we fell in love with it.

It wasn't designed to. But that's the problem. If you are going to have a 1/2 mile pier and your primary clientele is families, then you build the pier to support it, with a turnaround at the end.

If the ship pulled up to the massive pier and then we all see a tram stop at the end, we'd all be saying: "See, that's the Disney difference and why I love Disney - they think of everything and go the extra mile." That's what we all said when we first saw Castaway Cay.
EXACTLY! If this were another cruise line and we all saw that long, shadeless pier with no tram, we would all be going, “tsk tsk … Disney would NEVER do that …”.

Its Ok to cover all the food every day with disposable plastic, but for environmental reasons, we cant have a pier with seats, shade, or ride, and you dang sure can't have a straw? Makes perfect sense......:stir:
I think the idea will be some sort of resusable cover but until they have the one they want, they went with this as a temporary solution and it worked very very well

Last edited:
For those of us that can't see Twitter, what did Disney do to fix the fly problem?

Although I'm bullish on the new port, I agree with you. DCL cruisers weren't looking for another authentic port of call, they were looking for Castaway Cay #2 with more amenities.
It's not just that, it's the whole "private" thing which Disney was unable to get done.... the "private island" has a total different emotional appeal to "some land Disney put lawn chairs and a splash pad"

Personally, we sail for the ships and tolerate the ports so we won't be affected either way. We would just as gladly do a 3 night with 3 days at sea...

Flies, long pier, and tram aside, I would not want to get off the ship and see this right in front of me. This does not say relaxing to me, which is how I would like to spend my day on the island. Neutral shading on the pier would be nice.
View attachment 867852
Whoa, shade on a pier. If only Disney Imagineers could have thought of that...

Last edited:
An update on golf carts. If you feel you need this to get to the island due to medical or mobility requirements, book a spot at GS on the ship. The golf carts will bring anyone back to the ship if needed
Thank you I was worried my husband is a type 1 diabetic and has back issues the walk out might be ok but not back in the heat it can cause his sugar to drop. He does have a handicap designation but we don’t need a ha stateroom. I hope you’re on the magic in August would love to say hello and sprinkle some pixie dust! The real question is there a post office?!

Just an update to this, I did notice in some newer cruise blogs that they had wagons for kids at the start of the pier so you don't have to kill yourself carrying them to the island.

And they had them on the way back too.

Nothing like destroying Dad's back on vacation by carrying a tired four or five year old a half mile both ways.

Its Ok to cover all the food every day with disposable plastic, but for environmental reasons, we cant have a pier with seats, shade, or ride, and you dang sure can't have a straw? Makes perfect sense......:stir:
Environmentalism is only important when convenient and helps control costs.

As soon as the flies went viral on social media….

Environmentalism be damned! Breakout the DDT and spray now! 😂

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter