wdwgirl and Dad do Disney:an April '10 PTR...TR LINK ADDED!! p. 56

I really try to maximize my time away from the parks, it is part of the Disney experience for me. I really enjoy visiting the monorail resorts. Poly is favorite, esp the fireworks from MK. Love Tonga Toast and the good lemonade, might be pomegranite or some other fruit mixed in. We spent some time at Basin at GF last trip, the scrubs are fun to try. Make sure you check out the new floor all over the GF lobby, so cute.
I would highly recommend taking the boat from DTD to OKW, it is a nice ride. No Way Jose' is our favorite sundae at B&C, but we like vanilla ice cream, it may come with one scoop each of vanilla and chocolate.
Your trip is coming up so soon, I'm sure you are looking forward to the warm weather too.

Sarah, if I remember correctly you like purple, right? Did you see the new Simply Violet VB pattern?! :faint:

Must.Not.Buy.New.Bag

SO MUCH! It's one of my favorites!

Me too! Still can't believe I ever got on it. :laughing:

Just be sure you don't order the Mickey Sundae!!!!

On my down time, I love exploring the resort I'm staying at and taking lots of pictures :cutie:

haha, I won't. I'll go for a big one. I hope if we go somebody gets the kitchen sink!

I love taking pictures too. :thumbsup2

Oh I missed your retro pic with Mickey -- too frickin cute and I too love the acid wash jean shorts with the frilled waist band. Weren't they just so cool? ;)

Your first three miscellaneous plans are on my to-do list this time too. :thumbsup2 Hope we see some FB live updates, getting ready to "Like" everything! :laughing:

Of course they were the coolest! LOL.

Hopefully I can get on a couple times but I don't want to spend all my time updating facebook! Too bad I am not cool and don't have an iphone with facebook or Twitter. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see your pics of AKV Sarah! Love the 11 days out choice. I was telling Joe last night that I really want to slow down and check out the countries in depth this year. We've never done the KP missions so that might be cool to check out too. :thumbsup2

Well now that you are official DVC members I'll be sure to take lots for you! The KP missions are really fun...the only bad thing is that if there's a lot of people doing them it can ruin the mission.

YAY :yay: for 11 days, Sarah!

The kids did a KP mission on this trip---Norway. When we'd been there before, they did Japan. It's a lot of fun. It seemed like the Norway one was harder than I remember the Japan one being. It seemed like it took my girls and nephew a long time to complete it

Welcome back! Hope you had a good trip.

Ooh, Norway is one of the ones I want to do. Last time we did France and the UK.

My DH and I love mini-golf, our first date was mini-golfing! :love: We are going to try and use our vouchers for mini-golf at WDW this year! :) What is the name of the mini-golf course that is closest to the Swan & Dolphin???

Nice! The one near Swan and Dolphin is Fantasia Gardens. We haven't played the Fantasia Fairways course (the harder one).

11 days.. already?!?! Time is flying by and you'll be there before you know it! :banana:

I love World Showcase! Mmm, especially walking around enjoying a Grey Goose Slushie! :goodvibes

Can't wait to go...and the couple days leading up to it are going to be super busy too. :yay:

I really try to maximize my time away from the parks, it is part of the Disney experience for me. I really enjoy visiting the monorail resorts. Poly is favorite, esp the fireworks from MK. Love Tonga Toast and the good lemonade, might be pomegranite or some other fruit mixed in. We spent some time at Basin at GF last trip, the scrubs are fun to try. Make sure you check out the new floor all over the GF lobby, so cute.
I would highly recommend taking the boat from DTD to OKW, it is a nice ride. No Way Jose' is our favorite sundae at B&C, but we like vanilla ice cream, it may come with one scoop each of vanilla and chocolate.
Your trip is coming up so soon, I'm sure you are looking forward to the warm weather too.

The Poly is definitely our favorite too. I really want to go to the GF and walk around outside...we've only ever been inside!

It'll definitely be nice to go to the warmer weather. But next week I saw it's supposed to be in the upper 60s near the end of the week!

:wizard: Meet RachelNinja, hehe.

haha, yes! :thumbsup2 :hug:

Sarah, if I remember correctly you like purple, right? Did you see the new Simply Violet VB pattern?! :faint:

Must.Not.Buy.New.Bag

Oh yes, I am a purple girl. :) The Simply Violet is what I got my duffel in! I love it. :lovestruc

Feel free to share your favorite things to do outside of the parks!

Mine is the Boardwalk area too.
It's such a great people watching area.
Go to the Boardwalk Inn and go to the quiet pool area.
Some of the BWV's garden rooms are amazing.
They have their own flower gardens for a patio area.

10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!​

:jumping1::rainbow::jumping1:

Yippee!!!! :goodvibes:cool1::banana::love:

Mine is the Boardwalk area too.
It's such a great people watching area.
Go to the Boardwalk Inn and go to the quiet pool area.
Some of the BWV's garden rooms are amazing.
They have their own flower gardens for a patio area.

It is definitely a great people watching spot. There was one trip where we went there after Illuminations and got some ice cream,found a bench and just sat there soaking in the atmosphere. I love how it comes alive at night.

Maybe now that part of my family has stayed at the Boardwalk Dad can show me some of the stuff near the villas.

WOO HOO! Yay for 10 days until your vacay!

Single digit dancing tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo, single digits today!!!!! :banana::banana: SOOOO close!

Sorry for my lack of pictures yesterday. :rolleyes: So much for doing one every day! Oh well. Since we're in the single digits time for a new one.

9 days until strolling the Boardwalk!

n20305212_30160694_2348.jpg

n20305212_34376018_9530.jpg

I just love the atmosphere of the Boardwalk. I think because it's in a "busy" part of Disney World it's just so exciting. Can't wait to go over there again! :goodvibes

Not like we were expecting any different but according to my dad they've extended the park hours for the week we're there. The Magic Kingdom now has early EMH every morning! 7 a.m. :scared1: No, that's really not that bad since that's the same time I'd be up anyway if I were going to school. Only so much better. :thumbsup2 Kind of crazy though.

We also finally got around to watching Earth last night and let me tell you it was so good! If you haven't seen it there are three main stories that follow polar bears, elephants and humpback whales but then there are a lot of other little animal stories too. One of the best ones was the mandarin duck (I think that's what they were called) and the mother giving the babies flight lessons. haha it was so funny watching the baby birds try to fly (or as James Earl Jones said, it was more falling with style...loved that line too ;)). There was a feature too about how they filmed all the animals which was really amazing. You don't think about how much time they must spend out in the field trying to get the footage they want. Now I really have to see Oceans. :thumbsup2 Definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it!

Those are beautiful pics of Boardwalk. I've never been and have been debating if I want to go there or not...i think you just made up my mind :thumbsup2 Thanks!!

9 DAYS, 9 DAYS, 9 DAYS!!!! :banana::banana:

You're right, there's just something about the Boardwalk that's special & exciting! :goodvibes

I'm with Tinkgurl... I want to go with you! ;)

Single digit dance :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :woohoo:

The Boardwalk area is really nice and when we were there in April last year, it was pretty empty! That's a great picture of it from across the water too.

I'm glad you liked Earth...I need to try and see it now!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest