WDW Weather in Sept vs. Oct

chimoe

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

We had finished our 1st trip in Late Nov 2018 and had a blast (with exception with COLD 50degree weather a few days) We planning our next trip for 2019.

We are considering traveling either last week Sept or mid to Late Oct.

Few things are of concern:
1 - high amounts of rain.
2 - super hot weather

One thing I noticed was Disney has no 30% room discount in Oct, but they did in Sept. So i’m Wondering, is weather between these 2 months any different?

I don't have experience going in October, but we just went in September and based on our experience, there were some points of seemingly high humidity and some rain. This was around mid-late September. We were in WDW like the 21-25. I do think we had highs of around 80 degrees, maybe a little bit higher at some points depending upon the humidity, too.

As for rain, it probably rained at least once a day when we were there, but never for too long...sometimes. The very last day we were there it probably rained for a couple of hours and the possibility of Fantasmic being canceled or delayed was growing higher. However, on our first day in the parks, it only rained for probably around 30 minutes. But of course the weather always changes.

One thing I will say is that compared to the times my family has gone before, which is mostly around November/December, it felt like September was a lot less crowded. For our last trip we were able to pretty much get everything that we wanted regarding FPs and ADRs and the parks never felt too overly crowded.

Also, if you're looking forward to 2019, Disney is running the Free Dining promotion that runs until the end of September 2019 if you book by February 5. Of course you have to meet the requirements of the promotion, but if your family gets the dining plan, then it could be something to consider.

Living here (23 years living about 75 west of WDW) I can tell you that early Oct isn't much different than Sept. It's hot and humid. Period.
Late October we usually start to experience some breaks in the humidity but it's still usually pretty darn warm.
That's about it.

We went mid October.....October 14-20, 2018. I did alittle research before going and it seems like the temperature in mid October can really vary. When we were there it was super HOT....the temperatures were in the upper 90's and the feels like temperatures were about 104 degrees....I think feels like varied between about 101-108 or so. The good news was we had barely any rain. On the afternoon we went to Hollywood Studios there was a short shower that lasted less than an hour and we lucked out because we were eating at Mama Melrose at the time. Supposedly it was unusually hot for that time of the year.

So i have booked last weekend in September 28th and also last weekend in October 26th. Not sure which weekend to go with. But Sept seems to be cheaper with room promo which isn’t been offered in October. Is this something that Disney will offer at some point for October ?

You're October dates could be higher because of Halloween. Seems weird, I know but Halloween is a major holiday at Disney now-a-days. ( Or at least it seems to be ).

I'd stick with your September dates if the prices are better. You'll still be able to enjoy F & W in September and the MNSSHP as well.

We were there in early September last year and the crowds were so low that I'm not sure we'll ever go during another time of the year again. Even with the humidity and rain ( our rain was minimal ).

You're October dates could be higher because of Halloween. Seems weird, I know but Halloween is a major holiday at Disney now-a-days. ( Or at least it seems to be ).

I'd stick with your September dates if the prices are better. You'll still be able to enjoy F & W in September and the MNSSHP as well.

We were there in early September last year and the crowds were so low that I'm not sure we'll ever go during another time of the year again. Even with the humidity and rain ( our rain was minimal ).

I second this. My family was previously looking at going in either October or September but found September to be cheaper and went with that and we were definitely surprised at the crowds. We typically had gone with the high school band previously and it was always during Christmas, the dates always falling either the last weeks of November or like a week and a half before Christmas. Therefore we were definitely surprised at what seemed like a lack of people, when compared to our previous times of going, when we went in September.

So i have booked last weekend in September 28th and also last weekend in October 26th. Not sure which weekend to go with. But Sept seems to be cheaper with room promo which isn’t been offered in October. Is this something that Disney will offer at some point for October ?

I think Disney has been eliminating most October discounts because the month has gotten so popular with Halloween parties and the start of better weather (though it can still be hot, humid, and rainy in October!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter