WDW/Vero Split Stay..how many nights at Vero

vbarry

DIS Veteran
We have made reservations for a March trip. Short for us...only 7 nights and trying to do a split stay in order to see a St. Louis Cardinals spring training.

Right now I have two nights in a BLT studio and then five nights at Vero in an OVIR. Thinking the Vero party may be a little long. We have never been there but lots of reviews state there is not much to do around etc. We have two girls ages 7 and 11.

So what are your thoughts on five nights at Vero? Is it pretty warm at the end of March? What is the beach situation at Vero...I have heard rumblings of the beach not being very nice right now. Thanks for any info. :)

I love VB, and my spring break is in March, and we've done WDW/VB trips. I would go the other way, a bit more time in BLT than in VB. I would do that because of the weather factor. Maybe we are just very unlucky, but our March VB stays have been great for bike riding, not swimming and there was the year we had rain everyday. We now do our VB stays in June. I do have a 6 night VB stay coming up in January. I'll be with a friend who's on a tight budget. Weather won't be a factor, we just want to hang out together!

I agree that 5 nights at Vero might be a little much. Our January trip will be 3 nights at Vero and 4 nights at WDW (AKV Kidani). I actually would be okay with 1 less night at Vero and 1 more at WDW but DH wanted the extra day to relax. We always do Vero first and then WDW so we can rest up before hitting the parks. Otherwise we would, I think, not want to leave WDW to get to Vero, much as we love it, because there is just TOO MUCH to do in the parks and we wouldn't want to miss out. But that's just what works for us. Either way you will enjoy Vero! ;)

March can be an iffy time. We love VB, but generally speaking avoid stays before May. Probably the temps will be ok, but not guaranteed.

Personally I think 5 nights is too long. We spent a week in August once at BCV followed by 3 nights at VB. Since it was summer we spent our days on the beach & at the pool. The enitire town shuts down, rolls up the carpet & locks up by 9:00 PM tho. We eat late dinners & had a hard time finding places still open if we made a full day of it at the beach!! Going in March you may or may not be able to spend as much time outside so my guess is you could be looking for things to do. We felt 3 nights was plenty of time since there's a definite lack of activities in the area. It was nice to unwind & relax for a couple of days but after the hustle & bustle of WDW we were a little bored.

I would shorten my VB stay. It is a wonderful resort, but if you are there to use the beach, in my opinion, forget it. We were there over Thankgiving and the Beach was just a mess and according to those that we have spoken to about it, that is the usual condition of the beach these days. It's a shame. Ocean is beautiful, though. The pool is great, but you can get that at any Disney Resort.

We stayed at VB for 4 nights in May 2011...and it was more than enough. Quite frankly, you should be good with 2 days/3 nights. There really isn't a lot other to do around there and you're about a 20-30 min drive from any other shopping/dining area. Give yourself one day for the beach and one day for the pool and you're good...and that's if the weather cooperates!

Personally I think 5 nights is too long. We spent a week in August once at BCV followed by 3 nights at VB. Since it was summer we spent our days on the beach & at the pool. The enitire town shuts down, rolls up the carpet & locks up by 9:00 PM tho. We eat late dinners & had a hard time finding places still open if we made a full day of it at the beach!! Going in March you may or may not be able to spend as much time outside so my guess is you could be looking for things to do. We felt 3 nights was plenty of time since there's a definite lack of activities in the area. It was nice to unwind & relax for a couple of days but after the hustle & bustle of WDW we were a little bored.

Normally, I might say "Annie's a kook... don't take her too seriously", but she's obviously in the good part of her meds cycle and is making perfect sense.

Love ya Annie :goodvibes

Thanks everyone! Switched to five nights Wilderness Lodge followed by 2 nights Vero. Of course waitlisted at BLT but will be completely happy with WL!!

Normally, I might say "Annie's a kook... don't take her too seriously", but she's obviously in the good part of her meds cycle and is making perfect sense.

Love ya Annie :goodvibes

:lmao: Yes, I guess I was having a good day!! :rotfl2:

Thanks everyone! Switched to five nights Wilderness Lodge followed by 2 nights Vero. Of course waitlisted at BLT but will be completely happy with WL!!

Oh I love VWL - I think you'll be glad you switched it around! This way you'll know if you'll want to go to VB for longer the NEXT time you go!

Latest posts

facebook twitter