WDW in July RE: water

airhead

DIS Veteran
I've read lots of posts that stress drinking lots of water and bring your own or you'll go broke. I can't imagine carrying more than 1 bottle of water!!! So,how do you do that???

Refill them at the drinking fountains -- there are plenty of them in the parks.

Be warned that the fountain water at WDW can be a bit nasty-tasting, and smells somewhat sulfurous (it's perfectly safe, just not the best-tasting on the planet.) For this reason, we use Brita filter sports bottles; which "clean" the strong smell and taste quite nicely. This way we save money and only have one empty bottle to carry into and out of the parks.

Most of the people who bring large quantities of bottled water into the parks do it by either storing it in a stroller basket or renting a locker to put it into. The locker requires the hassle of returning to Main St. every time you need a new bottle. (I suppose that you could put several in a backpack and carry them that way; talk about a workout.)

They're call the Brita Fill & Go Filtration Bottle. I've seen them at WalMart, Target and my local grocery stores. They also have them at Drugstore.com for $7.99. They're cheaper at the other stores though. Here's a link so you know what they look like:
Brita Fill & Go Bottle

I found out last year if you are eating lunch at counter service you can get a large cup of ice water for free. And is doesnt have the sulfur smell/taste that the water fountains have. This will help some with the water intake.

Originally posted by TiffJ
I found out last year if you are eating lunch at counter service you can get a large cup of ice water for free. And is doesnt have the sulfur smell/taste that the water fountains have.

TiffJ is right. ::yes:: BUT here's another tip - you can stop at ANY eatery (I don't suggest a sit down one ;) ) at any time and ask for a cup of water, or ice, or both and they will give it to you for free. (Although I don't agree that it will be lacking the sulfur taste although I have found the the degree of bad taste varies from place to place.)

I too use the Brita bottle. I would not travel to WDW without mine. :)

My mom carries a soft side cooler type bag and puts 4 bottles in it. 2 frozen, 2 not. This was when there were two of us.. btw. If shes alone, she carries 1 frozen, one not. That gives her some to work off of, and then refills if she needs to. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter