WDW for Couples - Post your questions and suggestions here!!!

I think its a great idea too. My husband and I are trying to plan a trip for this year just the two of us. It'll be a little weird without the kids tho. We cant wait lol

What a wonderful idea! I love bringing my daughter down, but my husband and I just got back from our 5 year anniversary trip and it was amazing. It'd be nice to have a place to chat and give/receive tips for a "no kids" trip

DH and I would love it. We go multiple times per year and may be able to help answer some questions and would love input from other couples.

Great idea! I'm seriously surprised that there isn't already a board for couples! My husband and I are currently planning our second trip to Disney World together for this coming August. We went last March with my brother and his family (wife and 2 kids). It was so much fun going with family, but my husband and I stayed up late for the extra hours most nights and we were kind of lost on what we should do when it's just the two of us. Hopefully one gets created soon!

I love your idea! I come to this board sometimes because it says "adult" but it seems to be mostly solo travelers who post anything on here. We have been empty nesters for quite a while and still love Disney. We usually go with DD and her family once a year and another trip (leaving tomorrow! :yay:) just the 2 of us.

Well... While we are waiting to hear from the management (I did not hear from them yet)... and maybe get our "Couples Board".

Why don't we start chatting here? :)

I would love to chat. I am 46 and DH is 44. Kids are 25 & 26 so we are empty nesters. DH and I will be married 15 years in October. We have a hard time meeting folks our age who are not constantly busy with kids activities. We are DVC and go several times per year. We love travel any where. Love to visit
WDW for F &W, early December and February. We are still doing the parks commando style because we love them so much.

A tip. We always use ME then rent a car from Alamo at the car care center, I use my corporate discount and we always get a midsize or better for less than $80 a week and that includes the second driver for free. It saves us so much time!

Hi Everyone! I'm 29 and my DH is 35. We've been married 7 years. We've been to Disney once together and are planning our second trip now.

I have only been one time before that when I was 9. DH is English and moved to The States 2 years ago. I lived with him there for the first 5 years. His first trip to WDW was last March.

We've both always LOVED everything Disney, but have only just recently been in a good position to go ourselves.

We stayed at POR last time and we plan to stay there again this time.

No kids for us yet, just 2 lovely kitty cats (Coffee Bean & Biscuit).

Nice to meet you all!

DH and I will be married 15 years in October. We have a hard time meeting folks our age who are not constantly busy with kids activities.

It reminds me that most of our friends have kids... It would be hard to go on vacation with them because I have a feeling that we would have to make a choice between meeting or lunch only or waiting in line a lot for attractions especially designed for kids! :rotfl:

Okay, my turn:

I'm 34, DH is 33. We have been together for nearly 6 years and married for 2 years and a half.

Kids are not part of the plan for us... but we have two cats (Felix & Scarlett) we are crazy about.

We went to Disney World for the first time in 2011... for our honeymoon! :love: We feel in love with WDW and we went back two times in 2012 (once during spring, once before Christmas) and last october (2013). We've always stayed on site.

We are going back to Orlando in three weeks and we are going to spend the first part of our vacation in Universal Studios and the second part in a "Downtown Disney Hotel" across the street from Downtown Disney. :cool1:

I am a bit tired of people asking me questions like: "You really like Disney? But you don't have kids!" or answering: "I wanna go... When I have kids!" when they're asking for suggestions for a romantic trip.

I feel like there are so many things for adults/couples to do in WDW. I have NEVER ever felt like it wasn't my place.

I'm very happy to read the experiences and suggestions of people who share the same passion for Disney, as adults/couples. :)

p.s.: By the way, I'm french-canadian. So if my messages looks like illiterate scribblings, I'm very sorry. I'm doing the best I can! :)

I am very fortunate to have lived all over the US and abroad. When folks make snarky comments about Disney being for kids or why we go so much a huge grin spreads across my face as I say in my sweetest voice "i have been all over the US and 28 countries and feel it truly is the Happiest Place On Earth" that normally silences them.

I'm 28, and the Disney fan in our house. DH is 36, and has been talked into our trip to WDW! :)

I've wanted to go for as long as I can remember, and a few years ago, my mum and I decided we would go to WDW together when my Granny had died and we had a bit of money. Well, things change a bit, and we lost my Granny last July. My brother is planning his wedding, so his inheritance is being spent on that, my mum needs a new kitchen... and DH and I are going to WDW in her memory. It's her last gift to us.

We have been married 3 and a half years, and will be celebrating our fourth anniversary 4 days before we fly out to Florida (though we're postponing celebrations until we are away). We're currently childless, as neither of us feel like we are ready to become parents, and so we're in a weird limbo of not knowing whether that's where we will be heading eventually or not. Right now, we're enjoying travelling and spending time with our four adorable budgies.

People are often surprised when we tell them we're going to WDW as a couple, and I've been asked so many times we were aren't waiting until we have children around. It might be selfish, but I've dreamed of this trip my whole life, and I want to go and enjoy it for myself. I'm so glad we won't have children in tow! We went to New York last summer, and Reykjavik last month, and have a few more places on our must visit list yet!

I am very fortunate to have lived all over the US and abroad. When folks make snarky comments about Disney being for kids or why we go so much a huge grin spreads across my face as I say in my sweetest voice "i have been all over the US and 28 countries and feel it truly is the Happiest Place On Earth" that normally silences them.

Good one!

DH and I are early 40s and will be married 19 years in Sept. We honeymooned at WDW and renewed our vows there for our 10th anniversary. We haven't been able to get down since 2008 (we used to go every 2-3 years) but will be going next fall for our 20th anniversary. We don't have any children but we have 4 cats.
I always thought that Disney World offered something for every kind of traveler. There's lots that appeals to adults and really don't most of us have a bit of kid in us? At MK I can get away with being a Disney Princess for a day! :lovestruc

DH and I are early 40s and will be married 19 years in Sept. We honeymooned at WDW and renewed our vows there for our 10th anniversary. We haven't been able to get down since 2008 (we used to go every 2-3 years) but will be going next fall for our 20th anniversary. We don't have any children but we have 4 cats.
I always thought that Disney World offered something for every kind of traveler. There's lots that appeals to adults and really don't most of us have a bit of kid in us? At MK I can get away with being a Disney Princess for a day! :lovestruc

Vows renewal in WDW ... My dream!!!!

Vows renewal in WDW ... My dream!!!!
It was beautiful. Policies were a little different 10 years ago, the prices were much lower and we were able to have a Wishes event for us and only 8 guests. We had our ceremony in the wedding pavilion then a dinner at the Grand Floridian. Thanks in part to a hurricane the previous fall knocking down several trees we even got a view of the Castle that wasn't possible before (and probably not now I'm sure they've replaced the trees by now) from the patio of our reception site. It was a dream come true really. I'd love to have another one but maybe for our 30! ;) They truly make you feel like a princess.

Our first visit was on our honeymoon in 1986. We both loved our trip & it became our favorite place because of the memories Even though we've gone to other places, Grand Canyon being a really great trip, we always go back. We also had a chance & went to Disneyland I was glad to see Walt's original park, and thought about how he's made families happy in his parks as we walked through it. I'm sure he knew it. I always recommend people see as many places in their lifetime as they can. Find a favorite but many people will say its Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter