WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

There is no reason that California should be closed while Florida is not. That isn't the viruses doing at this point in time. We are beyond that now. That is pure political.
There’s no way to answer your post without turning to politics. But I will say that each state is determining what is in the best interests of their citizens and/or economies. Sometimes those two things don‘t line up.

Sad about the 28k let go. While not at all surprising the hope is a therapeutic and/or an effective vaccine is developed quickly enough to let things return to normal soon. Once that happens and the economy rebounds I think you will see most of those jobs come back.

Sad about the 28k let go. While not at all surprising the hope is a therapeutic and/or an effective vaccine is developed quickly enough to let things return to normal soon. Once that happens and the economy rebounds I think you will see most of those jobs come back.
Even with a vaccine the effects of 4 months of closure will be felt for many years, there's no coming back quickly from this

I went in and was playing with Mobile Ordering. They have completely removed the option to pay with a Gift Card or Disney Redemption Rewards Card. Very worried about this getting fixed!

We were at MK and used our gift card at the register. There’s at least 1 register open at each qs.

If history repeats itself, the 1918 pandemic lasted three years, followed by a booming recovery called "The Roaring Twenties." My new motto is "Stay Alive 'till 2025."
I meant in regards to the travel industry going back to what it once was. I know this is true for our state's tourism.

Personally, I have lost a lot of faith in Disney over the last year and even though we have had many (over a dozen) trips to FL to WDW, pretty sure we will not be going back for quite some time. My kids are older (19 and 16) and want to go to other places. Maybe in another decade Disney will get tired of being so PC and catering to every blow-hard who wants to feel offended at any given moment, and they can go back to providing a magical experience for guests. I have loved Disney and will be back, someday, just not anytime soon. Maybe when I do go back, it will be with grandkids in tow as it will be that long.

Personally, I have lost a lot of faith in Disney over the last year and even though we have had many (over a dozen) trips to FL to WDW, pretty sure we will not be going back for quite some time. My kids are older (19 and 16) and want to go to other places. Maybe in another decade Disney will get tired of being so PC and catering to every blow-hard who wants to feel offended at any given moment, and they can go back to providing a magical experience for guests. I have loved Disney and will be back, someday, just not anytime soon. Maybe when I do go back, it will be with grandkids in tow as it will be that long.
I agree but I will probably still go back eventually. My kids are 24 and nearly 20 now. It still brings me joy. I wish they would just stick to entertainment and leave everything else alone. I don't want to be disappointed. The movies have not been very great lately either. Mulan needed a lot of help.

Feeling sad for the cast members who will be without their Disney jobs. Hopefully they can find another job quickly but it may not be so easy with such high unemployment in general. On the Disney ownership side, could this lead to more cutbacks in park hours, attractions, etc.? Covid not going away this year and will still limit activities first half of next year even with a vaccine in my view. This virus has affected all of us in so many ways, mostly bad.

Any thoughts on how the sad news of all those employees being laid off will impact guest experience? Any guesses, theories or rumors in regards to when fireworks might return... or does this layoff news maybe indicate that’s not going to happen? Ive had to cancel 2 trips so far due to Covid. Now we are supposed to go in April and Im wondering what thoughts are on how Disney will be in April/May 2021?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter