WDW at Christmas or Aulani in the fall?

morganuit

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are wrestling between doing WDW in early December 2020 or doing Aulani in October. We have both been to Disney several time but never been during Christmas time and have always wanted to. We have never done Aulani. We are planning on renting DVC points no matter what we choose. Does anyone have any thoughts or helpful insights on choosing?

I'll just add that if you plan to rent points for a WDW stay in early December, you need to be booking right now. As in, right at 11 months before your stay. Those are the busiest weeks of the year for DVC bookings, and owners know to book as soon as the window opens for their stay.

I'll just add that if you plan to rent points for a WDW stay in early December, you need to be booking right now. As in, right at 11 months before your stay. Those are the busiest weeks of the year for DVC bookings, and owners know to book as soon as the window opens for their stay.
thanks you! we have already put in a request for points so we are just waiting for the 11 month booking window to open.

It depends on what kind of holiday you want? Sunshine, beach, and relaxation? Then Aulani! Busy park holiday would be Disneyworld. Either way you can't lose!

WDW at Christmas time, everything is so magical but everything is magical all times of the year at Disney!

Aulani! I loved our trip there and dream of going back. It's a completely different vacation than WDW and oh so relaxing.

My husband and I are wrestling between doing WDW in early December 2020 or doing Aulani in October. We have both been to Disney several time but never been during Christmas time and have always wanted to. We have never done Aulani. We are planning on renting DVC points no matter what we choose. Does anyone have any thoughts or helpful insights on choosing?
My wife and I did WDW in 2018 from just after Thanksgiving thru the 14th of December. The weather was very comfortable, and we took a lot of days off from the parks to enjoy the decorations at the different resorts. We were able to squeeze in some additional reservations for meals and be pretty flexible with the crowds. Leave yourself a good bit of unplanned time--one time we just took a walk up a river past Saratoga Springs to Port Orleans and looked around. The farther into December the more crowded it gets. Get the Photo Pass.
October of 2019, we went for a 2nd trip to Aulani. Lovely weather, and the pools were under construction, so we got a $50 per night room credit. (We stay on points.) We took time again to go offsite for meals and to see Dole Plantation, the North Shore, get malasadas at Leonard's, and to do a food tour of downtown Honolulu. Swam every day, took naps, hit the local restaurants--Zippy's, Ono Pancake, Thai Lao, Monkeypod, and many more. Not very crowded, comfortable temp, and point values very good. Used the room credit for Ama Ama and a few purchases.
Either way, if you take it easy and make time for each other, you cannot go wrong.

I would do Aulani. Early December at WDW has been crowded in recent years, the Christmas parties cut short MK a lot of nights (and are crowded if you spring for tickets) and the there is pop warner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter