• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Watts going to happen.........The day before

Ohpair

Earning My Ears
The day before...........

Cast.
Katy - that's me, I'm 27 (I think! just had to sit here and count!! :rotfl2: ) been a Disney fan since my parents first took me to Disney 14 years ago
Anthony - My DH (28), Until I took him to Florida (September 11th 2001- yes that was an experience!! :earseek: ) he believed Disney was for kids - he's now a convert
Molly-Ann (2 1/2 going on 12!)She's our princess, our world! princess: .

Ok I'm starting the day before (Sunday) cause that played a big part!.
Molly & I had been to a BBQ at my mum & dads last night - Ant was working till late, so rather than pack we chose to go to a BBQ with some family friends. We ate quite late (well for Molly as she usually goes to bed at 7pm) As we sat around the table I joked with my dad 'that chicken better be cooked, I don't want to be ill for the holiday!' we left around 8.30pm (to get home for 9pm). I put Molly straight to bed and decided to pack in the morning.

Sunday - Molly was very tired! well she had had a late one, so I let her watch telly while Ant & I started to put things in the case. By 9.30am Molly had fallen asleep on the sofa - well she had had a late night, so I left her while I did some ironing. I woke her up at 12.30 and asked her if she wanted any lunch - she said she was too tired!! So I left her to play. That evening I'd cooked a roast dinner & she said she didn't want any - she just wanted to watch telly. Molly is a little pickle when it comes to food at the best of times - so I turned the telly off & told her to sit at the table!!! (Now she's 2 - so decided to through one of those 2 year olds tantrums!) & with that, she made herself gag - it scared me a little but DH was adamant that she had just got herself so worked up & it was nothing to worry about. Molly refused to eat dinner so DH took her up for a bath & bed (best she has an early night as we have an early start in the morning).
Now as DH is drying Molly's hair -she starts to be sick! - not just a little bit oh no.....you've never seen so much!!! - back into the bath while DH scrubs the carpet (just what you need when the house is going to be shut up for the week) We put her into bed & I go into complete panic!! OH MY GOD - she's got a tummy bug! now what!!!! - I fished out all the travel insurance documents - what in the world were we to do. To be honest my main concern was that DH & I would go down with it & we would be trapped in a French hotel room for the week!!!!!! :sad2: Do we cancel? Do we go? :confused3 We decided to see how the night went & make a decision in the AM..........

Oh my goodness, what a start to your holiday :(

I do hope Molly-Anne gets better very quickly!

Oh no, the worse thing to happen pre-holiday! Im guessing it all went OK or we would have had been offering many sympathy-posts!

What a start to the holiday. You want to go and see her enjoy herself, but it will be a disappointment if she is not in good spirits.

Hope the next installment shows a okay :)

Reid

Oh, do I feel for you!!! When we were doing twilight check-in to go to WDW last year, my DD who was 7 at the time announced "Mum I feel sick" just as we were about to do passport control. And yes, was she sick. I just picked her up and ran through the airport with her and we just made the toilets in time. She was only sick the once and I think it was probably nerves, but boy, did we have a sleepless night!!! Virgin even put our suitcases into an isolation room in case she was still ill the next day!

Can't wait for the next instalment!

Oh dear !

I kow that feeling well !

Not a great start but I guess it must have been OK in the end.

Yep, the words "worst" and "nightmare" spring to mind!! :scared: Assuming things turned out okay.....!! :scratchin

Oh dear! What a start to the holiday! I'm hoping to read a much more positive-sounding second installment...! :sunny:

I'm glad we know this has a happy ending! Looking forward to the next part.

Rhiannon :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter