• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

water temp ?

scanmom

DIS Veteran
what is the water temperature at discovery cove? We would like to try this, but some in our family have a hard time with really cold water (swimming in it, that is!). TIA;)

Cold. I think it's 68F.
You get used to it after a while. You're wearing a wet suit, plus you're having such a great time, that you block it out.
Once you've had enough, you jump into the heated lazy river, and it's like going into a hot tub.
The showers are also heated.

do you get a wet suit for the whole day, or is it just for the time you spend with the dolphins? 68 degrees is alot better than I was thinking it would/might be. I was at SW in San Antonio and an announcer said that the animals liked the water around 48-50 degrees! That was what I was worried about!!! Thanks!;)

Yes, you keep the wet suit the entire time.
If you want, you can get a full length wet suit at the snorkle station, but you gotta specifically ask, and they only have a few. It's not really needed.

Right, the water in the show tanks at SWF is alot colder than the water at DC. Don't worry, it's not 50 degrees. It's like going into a cold pool, or taking a cold shower.

Here, you can go see my TR with pics to see what the wet suit looks like. It's actually a jacket, meant to keep people on the surface of the water. The full length wet suit has sleeves and covers the legs.
http://home.attbi.com/~robvia/SeaWorld1.htm

As robvia say's it's cold, but....YOUR SWIMMING WITH DOLPHINS!!!
:D :D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter