Water Parks at Easter?

LauraR

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Needs to do some se
I've been reading that that TL and BB are really crowded during the weeks around Easter, and sometimes fill up by 10:30 am. I'm just wondering, do they empty out at all in the afternoons? Or does it pretty much stay packed until closing at 7 pm? Thanks for any input!

we have always found them to start to empty out after lunch (1-2pm), of course we are the crazy ones there at the crack of dawn. have fun and enjoy!!!

We were at TL and BB during Easter week last April. Plan on being at these parks when they open or you will not find a chair.
We discovered the strategy of arriving later in the day does not work when the weather is good, park attendance is high and it is Easter week......people do not leave early. We had serious trouble finding chairs when we went to TL or BB in the afternoon. I'm not kidding when I say the lazy river at TL was so crowded you could barely see the water. There were even arguments over the tubes because there was a shortage. :eek:

What if you don't really care about chairs? We only want to go for a couple hours, and we plan to be on slides or in the water the whole time. Can we at least get in the park if we go at 3? Right now I'm thinking about Saturday... the day before Easter.

You will surely get into the park at 3:00, and if you don't care about chairs you won't have a problem. If it turns out to be a nice warm day and the crowds linger you may have to wait in line for some of the slides.:sunny:

Originally posted by capegirl
You will surely get into the park at 3:00, and if you don't care about chairs you won't have a problem. If it turns out to be a nice warm day and the crowds linger you may have to wait in line for some of the slides.:sunny:

Thanks for the info! I hope it's warm enough to give Typhoon Lagoon a try... I've been to WDW a bunch of times, but I always like to fit something new into my trip.

:wave2:
We are traveling with DD6 and DS8 and have never done the water parks. Which would you recommend-Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

TRY RUSHING IN IN THE MORNING, AFTER OR DURING LUNCH OR LATE. THATS ALL I CAN SAY

I've only been to TL-- I LOVE IT!! The theming is great-- I truly feel like I'm at a tropical paradise. I actually like the fact that you can't see the waterslides from the "main" area by the wave pool. BB to me is just to "commercial waterpark" from the photo's. However, I have been there when it's quiet (which was great!) and busy-- the one day we went a few weeks ago-- by 11am there were no "groups" of chairs to be found. Most of the slides had about a 15-20 minute wait. Now I went a few days before that-- it was empty. Never waited more than 2-3 people to get on a slide. Had the shark reef to ourselves. Only 3 other people in there!!!

Personally, we can go for the whole day, so chairs are a must for us.

We like them both for different reasons. Blizzard Beach had an awesome family raft ride, longer than the one at TL. Also there is a Ski Patrol area that is for the pre-teen kids. And another area for kids under 4 feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter