Washer warning!

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
Our stay at VWL was spectacular. Warm weather for this time of year. Room 5533 (1 br) had a side view of main pool, MK fireworks and we could see EWP through the trees. Now the warning! Whoever stayed in the unit before we arrived left the washer full of water. We did not discover it until our last night when we decided to do the laundry before packing. We could not get the water out of the machine. We called maintenance and they had to take things apart only to discover that the previous occupant had apparently overfilled the washer. A sock went over the top and became lodged in the pump! After removing the sock, all was well.
Warning #1: Don't overload the washer!
Warning #2: Check out the washer when you arrive to avoid a last minute surprise.
It certainly would have been considerate of the previous occupant to notify maintenance of the problem rather than simply leaving a plugged-up washer for us to deal with!

They may have let maint or DVC know but it was never taken care of.

Doesn't housekeeping check the washer/dryer? What if you had opened the washer and there were clothes waiting to be washed/dried? Sounds crazy, but I bet someone has left some clothes behind.

jekjones....we've stayed in that room and it is a very nice one, isn't it? :) But that was two years ago, so don't blame us for the washer problem!! :p

As Dean pointed out, the "fault" could be the previous occupant or mousekeeping...hard to tell. In either case, it's a nuisance that a fairly simple thing was not taken care of before you arrived.

And I would think that mousekeeping would check the washer/dryer for leftover clothes. My guess is that a ton of clothing gets left in all the DVC washer/dryers (not to mention drawers and closets) in the course of a year!

jekjones....we've stayed in that room and it is a very nice one, isn't it?

And our only request was NS! Sometimes you just get lucky!

We had considered that the problem had been reported but not fixed. Mousekeeping denied that was the case, of course. My husband, who is a fix-it genious, still can't believe that the sock could get where it got! He is forever fixing little things when we are in hotels (fixed a drawer in this VWL room), but this was one that he lacked tools to do himself.

Originally posted by Granny
jekjones....we've stayed in that room and it is a very nice one, isn't it? :) But that was two years ago, so don't blame us for the washer problem!! :p

As Dean pointed out, the "fault" could be the previous occupant or mousekeeping...hard to tell. In either case, it's a nuisance that a fairly simple thing was not taken care of before you arrived.

And I would think that mousekeeping would check the washer/dryer for leftover clothes. My guess is that a ton of clothing gets left in all the DVC washer/dryers (not to mention drawers and closets) in the course of a year!

Gosh! I thought it was routine for everyone to check the washer. Forget the clothes - any money/change in the bottom of the washer is "finders-keepers", right? :teeth::p

jekjones1558,

Thanks for clearing that up - I was wondering how I lost a sock! :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

Seriously, DW has a checklist she has me go through before we leave any hotel or ship (or soon - SSR): check all closets and drawers, look under the bed, bathroom, balcony, etc. I'll bet that 'washer & dryer' are (or will be) on her list this May!

Originally posted by CarolMN
Gosh! I thought it was routine for everyone to check the washer. Forget the clothes - any money/change in the bottom of the washer is "finders-keepers", right? :teeth::p
Carol....LOL! :p Yes, that's where I usually put my mousekeeping tip to make sure they're checking everything!!! :p :p

Too funny!

I'm the one who goes through any place we stay and look in every drawer, closet, behind doors, under beds, etc. I've left too many things in hotels to leave things to memory these days! :rolleyes:

We had a sock turn up in our laundry on our last trip. Not sure if it was in teh washer or dryer, but when i pulled everything out of the dryer and went to fold, it appeared.

Anne

You betcha. I found $50 in a DVC dryer one time.

Gotta love the DIS - THIS THREAD WAS STARTED MORE THAN 8 YEARS AGO!

And many of the posters who posted in back then are still with us! :D :D :cloud9:

Gotta love the DIS - THIS THREAD WAS STARTED MORE THAN 8 YEARS AGO!

And many of the posters who posted in back then are still with us! :D :D :cloud9:

Carol...I was thinking the exact same thing. Heck, I was new enough then that I didn't even refer to Jean by her name! :)

When I saw the thread title I knew it had to be a really old one. Had to open it anyway, which is a whole different issue. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter