Washer Dryer access if in studio?

BubMunkeyBles

DIS Veteran
I have read that you only get a Washer/Dryer in 1BR or bigger. My fiance and I are contemplating renting points someone for our honeymoon next May, is there a place we could do laundry. We're going to be there 15 nights. Other thing is we get into Orlando May 6 and staying till the 27... So we need somewhere...TIA!

Laudry rooms are by the pools at OKW and SSR. And they are free!:thumbsup2

Not sure where they are located in the other resorts, but the washers are there.

Fantabulous... Thanks! We're not sure if we should buy in to DVC, rent points or just stay at a resort yet... Hm... what to do? lol.

Fantabulous... Thanks! We're not sure if we should buy in to DVC, rent points or just stay at a resort yet... Hm... what to do? lol.

Well... do you think you will be doing this kind of thing in the future... and ongoing? If the answer is yes... then DVC is your answer. You'll know better after your stay... Let us know what you think...

There are washers and dryers in all the DVC resorts to use for free, you have to supply the detergent and fabric softner. I don't know which one you are looking into renting at, but when you check in ask the front desk where the laundry rooms are located.

As far as buying into DVC, it all depends on if you plan on going to Disney at least once a year or at least once every two years. We love ours(you can see by my signature, we have points at 3 different DVC resorts)! We are empty nesters, but our DD lives in Orlando, so it's a great way to visit her and not impose on her when we visit!

Well... I grew up on Disney... Have gone at least 6 times a year since I was little. Do at least 3-4 weekend stays a year currently. FI is military, but we get 30 days of leave a year... and well, I got him hooked too. My grandma bought in, and we have an OKW room for 3 nights from July 12-15 so will get a feel of it there. We're kind of trying to decide if timewise now is the best... I'm thinking yes, if we're gonna pay 3-5k for rooming on our honeymoon anyways, why wait. FI really wants mousekeeping daily, and I just found out we could get that too... Will probly talk him into buying in Dec.... So... New question Saratoga Springs or AKV? I'm thinking AKV cuz I love the Savannah rooms. Also if we buy in December, how hard will it be to get a room for that May?

Well... I grew up on Disney... Have gone at least 6 times a year since I was little. Do at least 3-4 weekend stays a year currently. FI is military, but we get 30 days of leave a year... and well, I got him hooked too. My grandma bought in, and we have an OKW room for 3 nights from July 12-15 so will get a feel of it there. We're kind of trying to decide if timewise now is the best... I'm thinking yes, if we're gonna pay 3-5k for rooming on our honeymoon anyways, why wait. FI really wants mousekeeping daily, and I just found out we could get that too... Will probly talk him into buying in Dec.... So... New question Saratoga Springs or AKV? I'm thinking AKV cuz I love the Savannah rooms. Also if we buy in December, how hard will it be to get a room for that May?

Sorry.. but what is "FI". Guess I'm not the one with it. YOU DO 3-4 stays a year...? My God girl... you are honerary DVC members.. Join Now... YOU are perfect candidates.... Looking to welcome you all home... Rob

Looks like you have been doing some posting, but nonetheless, WELCOME to the DVC - DIS boards... You are obviously one of us....

Just realized... I don't know if you are him or her....

FI is fiance. Sorry. Been on the wedding/honeymoon board too much. We're actually getting married at Shades of Green... It's just not Disney enough for me... We are staying there for a couple days right after the wedding, but want to switch to a Disney resort. Oh and I'm a her.. Hehe. Yes. I go to Disney a lot... These are my 2007 Trips.

June 30-July 1 Pop Century
July12-15 OKW
Sept 21-23 SSR
Dec 17-19 CSR
Dec 23-Jan 3 Pop

So that's five (some are short) in 6 months.... :banana:

FI is fiance. Sorry. Been on the wedding/honeymoon board too much. We're actually getting married at Shades of Green... It's just not Disney enough for me... We are staying there for a couple days right after the wedding, but want to switch to a Disney resort. Oh and I'm a her.. Hehe. Yes. I go to Disney a lot... These are my 2007 Trips.

June 30-July 1 Pop Century
July12-15 OKW
Sept 21-23 SSR
Dec 17-19 CSR
Dec 23-Jan 3 Pop

So that's five (some are short) in 6 months.... :banana:

Hey.. Her... Congratulations.... I am a happy him of 32 years. Seems Disney is in your blood. Still, your wedding day (wherever it is) will be very special and you will remember it for life. My DW and I are very close. we really enjoy our time (alone) together now... more than ever. You will go through difficult times, but know that if you stay true to each other, there is a great future. I hope you have a great life together and enjoy each other forever.

So even at BWV, BCV and VWL, the washers and dryers are free for studio users? Are the washers and dryers in the DVC wings or are they free for regular guests too? We've never stayed studio before and outside of DVC we used to stay at the All Stars where it is NOT free but rather overpriced. So free would be awesome.

There are washers and dryers in all the DVC resorts to use for free, you have to supply the detergent and fabric softner. I don't know which one you are looking into renting at, but when you check in ask the front desk where the laundry rooms are located.

As far as buying into DVC, it all depends on if you plan on going to Disney at least once a year or at least once every two years. We love ours(you can see by my signature, we have points at 3 different DVC resorts)! We are empty nesters, but our DD lives in Orlando, so it's a great way to visit her and not impose on her when we visit!

So even at BWV, BCV and VWL, the washers and dryers are free for studio users? Are the washers and dryers in the DVC wings or are they free for regular guests too? We've never stayed studio before and outside of DVC we used to stay at the All Stars where it is NOT free but rather overpriced. So free would be awesome.

Yes, washers and dryers are free in all the DVC resorts. They are located in the DVC wings, but not necessarily near the pool like at OKW and SSR. At VWL they are on the first floor down the hall from the elevators. Seems like they are similarly located at BWV too. I'm not sure about BCV. My only complaint is that they are small, so try to get there at a time when not many other people are doing laundry (i.e. early in the morning).

I would suggest you stop by the sales center and take a look at SSR and AKV
models while you are there next week. Take the boat down from OKW and get the info first hand. You will be able to see the other style rooms also as OKW is the only studios with two beds. The others have the bed and pull out sofa. Since they are known for not being hard sell you can get the info without feeling the pressure. Then maybe when you go back in Sept you will decide to purchase. The one thing that may not work in your favor is that you do weekend trips and they are more points per night. From what you are spending on accomodations now it shouldn't take you long to pay off a membership however. Hope you have a great trip and a wonderful wedding next May.

Almost forgot - tell your FI that daily mousekeeping is highly over rated. You can get extra towels for a small fee and throw some in with that laundry you will be doing. You will also have two full cleanings during a 15 day stay as well as one trash and towel day. Many of us have found that the time it takes to put the bed together in the morning is minimal and not having anyone coming into the room daily is wonderful. If you want additional cleanings you can of course pay for it but I would rather spend that $25 or more per day for other things such as food or drinks.

If I were spending my honeymoon at WDW, I'd get a one bedroom villa instead of a studio. That king sized bed is all it takes for me!!:thumbsup2

If I were spending my honeymoon at WDW, I'd get a one bedroom villa instead of a studio. That king sized bed is all it takes for me!!:thumbsup2
You forgot to mention the jacuzzi tub, lol.

I read that the washers and dryers were not free at BCV, maybe someone knows for sure. Yes they are free for DVC members.

I read that the washers and dryers were not free at BCV, maybe someone knows for sure. Yes they are free for DVC members.
The washers and dryers at the DVC resorts are free for members. You may need your room ID to get into the laundry room and the number of washers and dryers is very limited.

The washers and dryers at the DVC resorts are free for members. You may need your room ID to get into the laundry room and the number of washers and dryers is very limited.

Thanks, yes I know they are free for members and have visited the ones at the WLV and BWV, but thought I read somewhere that they were not available at the BCV....if so, where are they located?

At the BCV, the washers and dryers are located on the 4th floor. As you leave the elevator, take a left (not the U turn down the short hall, but the longer hall) and it will be on your left.

thanks. we are there next month. First time to OKW and BCV, split stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter