Was I Being a Germaphobe?

That's what's called a "paraphrase" as I was not relaying a factual matter. And it sure looks like the nurse doesn't know what she's talking about - as backed up by the CDC and every other health/medical site you could look at. Do I care what you think of me? Not at all.

Sigh, you said the reason you keep responding is because people keep calling you out. Doesn't that mean you care what people think of you? Whatever, you keep talking in circles and argue your point lol

Sigh, you said the reason you keep responding is because people keep calling you out. Doesn't that mean you care what people think of you? Whatever, you keep talking in circles and argue your point lol

No, it means I have self-pride. I will always defend myself. Talking in circles? How so?

You are also bordering on a personal attack, Denise.

In case you aren't aware, that's not allowed here.

I'll thank you to stop.

There is no personal attack - You say you are a nurse, and yet you made a statement about a medical matter that is false. I'm simply asking you how it is that you didn't know that information.

There is no personal attack - You say you are a nurse, and yet you made a statement about a medical matter that is false. I'm simply asking you how it is that you didn't know that information.

I would say accusing her of lying about her profession is bordering on a personal attack. Just stop.

She did not make a false statement. That is only your opinion.

I would say accusing her of lying about her profession is bordering on a personal attack. Just stop.

She did not make a false statement. That is only your opinion.

She said: "People (actually she said poople, that's actually funny!) don't harbor that type of EColi on their fingertips". This is false. It's not true. It's not a fact. I don't understand why you don't get this. It's not something that is open for interpretation. It is a statement that is not true.

I have a co-worker like this. We all avoid her like the plague.

Eve Dallas: "If she had any evidence to back it up it would have been posted already." Seems you weren't aware of the facts either - but yet you slam me for defending them.

Wow, I cant believe this thread is 17 pages long!

I honestly wouldnt have cared, the norm would be for shared bowls or plates of food at parties etc
I think it is good for the immune system to not be "over clean"

She said: "People (actually she said poople, that's actually funny!) don't harbor that type of EColi on their fingertips". This is false. It's not true. It's not a fact. I don't understand why you don't get this. It's not something that is open for interpretation. It is a statement that is not true.

It is open for interpretation though. You seem interpret this as something like "there is no possible way for anyone ever to spread ecoli through contact", whereas I interpret that to mean something more like "as a matter of everyday life, healthy people don't just walk around with ecoli on their fingertips ready to casually spread it around." In other words, I am hearing they "don't" regularly harbour ecoli and you are hearing "can't". She actually did say "don't" so I think my interpretation is perhaps closer to the truth. Being not a nurse or a restaurant worker, perhaps I am wrong. But there are different ways to interpret.

And please don't "paraphrase" me again since I don't think you know what that means.

It is open for interpretation though. You seem interpret this as something like "there is no possible way for anyone ever to spread ecoli through contact", whereas I interpret that to mean something more like "as a matter of everyday life, healthy people don't just walk around with ecoli on their fingertips ready to casually spread it around." In other words, I am hearing they "don't" regularly harbour ecoli and you are hearing "can't". She actually did say "don't" so I think my interpretation is perhaps closer to the truth. Being not a nurse or a restaurant worker, perhaps I am wrong. But there are different ways to interpret.

And please don't "paraphrase" me again since I don't think you know what that means.
That's pretty much what I was coming to say. Pea and Denise seem to be arguing from two different points. Neither are wrong, but one of them is getting hung up on semantics...And BENT on standing their ground no matter how many other people try to explain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!