• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Want to work Geyser Point into our trip

ten6mom

DIS Veteran
Hi all... planning first time trip and we think we want to check out Geyser Point while we are there in November. We know nothing about transportation so I am hoping you can help.

We arrive on a Tuesday at MCO at 4:33 PM and will be using ME to get to CBR. Do you think we would have time to get to Geyser Point that evening? We have no other plans that evening. If so, how would we get there and back to CBR?

Alternatively (or additionally, in case we really love it and want to go twice), we could possibly go on our checkOUT day which is also on a Tuesday... departing MCO at 5:35 PM. I assume the transportation method would be the same, or, should we check out of CBR and take our luggage with us (via whatever transportation method) and then leave from Wilderness Lodge to the airport via ME?

Sorry if this isn't making sense... getting around is my biggest concern since we know almost nothing about transportation.

Thank you!

Biggest issue right now is getting into a resort without a reservation, even by ride share. If that proves to be an issue you can bus to MK then boat to WL, or bus to Disney Springs then bus to WL. I do believe you can call a ride share to pick you up once you’re done at WL, however, and return to CBR.

You won’t be able to catch ME at WL if CBR is your home resort. Drop your bags at the bell stand at CBR then grab then once you’re ready to board the ME there.

You shouldn’t have a problem getting in to WL using Uber or Lyft. Just tell the driver you’re going for dinner, and they will let the Security CM at the guard gate know that they’re just dropping you off for dinner. We were able to do this at the Contemporary during our visit a couple weeks ago.

Timing wise, I’d plan on a minimum of at least three hours from your arrival time at MCO until you are able to arrive at Geyser Point. Assuming they keep the same 11 pm closing that they have posted now (and I may be wrong about these current hours, so I am sorry if this is incorrect!), you’d be good. This is, of course, as long as there are no delays with flights, retrieving baggage, with DME itself, etc.

If you chose to do this on departure day instead, you could always ask DME to change the pick-up resort to WL instead of CBR. Now this was pre-COVID, so I do not know what their stance is on doing this now, but I’ve switched my pick-up Resort multiple times in the past. Each time, it was for the exact situation you’d be in: I wanted to eat at another Resort before heading to the airport. I called DME directly the day before my pickup (I'm pretty sure it was the day before, or it might have been the morning of in one of the instances...), using the number that was on the confirmation sheet I received. I just asked them to change the Resort where I was being picked up. I made sure to let them know that I wasn’t trying to change the time I wanted to get picked up (they were pretty firm about not changing the time), but rather, just the location. Each time, they made a quick switch to the new Resort, and told me to go to the concierge at the new Resort, and have them print out a new confirmation letter for me. I brought my bags to the new Resort, and just left from there instead of from my home Resort. The process was pretty simple.

Again, that was before this year, so I don’t know if they even allow that any more. It doesn’t hurt to call and ask if that’s the option you want to use. The worst they could say is that they won’t change the pick-up location. You could also just Uber or Lyft there, eat, and then Uber or Lyft back to CBR for your DME pick-up time, which would be around 2:30 pm. If you wanted to use Disney transportation, you could use the options that hereforthechurros explains really well above.

You shouldn’t have a problem getting in to WL using Uber or Lyft. Just tell the driver you’re going for dinner, and they will let the Security CM at the guard gate know that they’re just dropping you off for dinner. We were able to do this at the Contemporary during our visit a couple weeks ago.

Timing wise, I’d plan on a minimum of at least three hours from your arrival time at MCO until you are able to arrive at Geyser Point. Assuming they keep the same 11 pm closing that they have posted now (and I may be wrong about these current hours, so I am sorry if this is incorrect!), you’d be good. This is, of course, as long as there are no delays with flights, retrieving baggage, with DME itself, etc.

If you chose to do this on departure day instead, you could always ask DME to change the pick-up resort to WL instead of CBR. Now this was pre-COVID, so I do not know what their stance is on doing this now, but I’ve switched my pick-up Resort multiple times in the past. Each time, it was for the exact situation you’d be in: I wanted to eat at another Resort before heading to the airport. I called DME directly the day before my pickup (I'm pretty sure it was the day before, or it might have been the morning of in one of the instances...), using the number that was on the confirmation sheet I received. I just asked them to change the Resort where I was being picked up. I made sure to let them know that I wasn’t trying to change the time I wanted to get picked up (they were pretty firm about not changing the time), but rather, just the location. Each time, they made a quick switch to the new Resort, and told me to go to the concierge at the new Resort, and have them print out a new confirmation letter for me. I brought my bags to the new Resort, and just left from there instead of from my home Resort. The process was pretty simple.

Again, that was before this year, so I don’t know if they even allow that any more. It doesn’t hurt to call and ask if that’s the option you want to use. The worst they could say is that they won’t change the pick-up location. You could also just Uber or Lyft there, eat, and then Uber or Lyft back to CBR for your DME pick-up time, which would be around 2:30 pm. If you wanted to use Disney transportation, you could use the options that hereforthechurros explains really well above.
They didn't ask for your name and reservation? They did when we were there in August when we took Uber to a couple of our reservations at resorts where we weren't staying.

Good question! They didn't ask us at all, and I was surprised that they did not ask. I was expecting the experience you described. The driver just told them that they were dropping us off for dinner, and they then asked to see the driver's photo ID. After that, they let us through. Now, I'm not sure if they were supposed to have asked and this particular CM just didn't, or maybe it is different at each Resort location.

We have had trouble getting into the WL pre-Covid to go to Geyser Point. They would not allow us in, we were driving our own vehicle.

I have been reading that Geyser Point is getting pretty popular and having long waits. Part of it might be because seating is outside.

We have had trouble getting into the WL pre-Covid to go to Geyser Point. They would not allow us in, we were driving our own vehicle.
We haven't experienced issues pre or post covid driving to WL to eat at Geyser Point. If you're staying anywhere onsite you just tell them at the gate you're there to go to Geyser Point. I believe they did check our ID post covid. The problems come in if you're staying off-site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter