Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@DISNEYNY - I don't think anyone has posted any confirmation that all rooms are completed, then again S/D never made any announcements that the project had even started. You might use the S/D app to check, though I'm not sure the staff know or could even say for certain.

Quick question about the “text” feature on the app…do you have to be on property to use it? I tried to use it the other day and it wouldn’t do anything (granted, I’m clear over in Hawaii). TIA!

Quick question about the “text” feature on the app…do you have to be on property to use it? I tried to use it the other day and it wouldn’t do anything (granted, I’m clear over in Hawaii). TIA!
That’s a great question - I’ve never tried before being onsite. I will say that they are pretty responsive once there.

@DISNEYNY - I don't think anyone has posted any confirmation that all rooms are completed, then again S/D never made any announcements that the project had even started. You might use the S/D app to check, though I'm not sure the staff know or could even say for certain.
Thanks I texted and they responded they are not done. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240616_200139_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240616_200139_Messages.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 17
I just got an answer via text from them and I'm in New York. It essentially just opened my text message app on my phone with their phone number typed in already. You can try just texting the number in my screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240616_200139_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240616_200139_Messages.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I used to find great rates at the Swan, could use my Marriott 35,000 free night certs with some extra points, as recently as last year, but now everything is outrageously priced. Sept and early Dec were my go-tos, at these prices I may never stay there again. :oops:

Loved the easy access to Epcot and HS, but when I can stay in Flamingo Crossings for less than $100/nt, with free breakfast, and just Uber to the parks, my cheapskate side wins.

*looks like mid-week Sept rates have come down some, but my FNCs won't be available until Sept 1st, perhaps it will work out.

Last edited:
@georgina - I loved our stay at the Flamingo Crossing SpringHill Suites. We were surprised how enjoyable the Flamingo’s Bar & Grille was. IMHO the key to S/D now is start watching prices, with the dynamic pricing in place its one you can get some deals but sometimes have to wait until the convention crowd turns their unclaimed rooms back. But the devaluing of the Bonvoy points I will say the points days were much better a few years ago. I burned the last of my points for a few nights in Waikiki, I'm thankful I don't have to travel for work like I once did.

I used to find great rates at the Swan, could use my Marriott 35,000 free night certs with some extra points, as recently as last year, but now everything is outrageously priced. Sept and early Dec were my go-tos, at these prices I may never stay there again. :oops:

Loved the easy access to Epcot and HS, but when I can stay in Flamingo Crossings for less than $100/nt, with free breakfast, and just Uber to the parks, my cheapskate side wins.

*looks like mid-week Sept rates have come down some, but my FNCs won't be available until Sept 1st, perhaps it will work out.
Had a player who couldn’t even use 50k certs for their trip this year. Marriott is well on their way to Hilton style pointflation now that hotels are free to price as they wish

We enjoyed staying at the Swan when I could find a rate comparable to a Moderate Disney resort. Haven't found that since 2022. We've enjoyed our stays at the Towneplace Suites and Residence Inn at Flamingo Crossings ever since, with the slight advantage given to the Residence Inn.

I just got an answer via text from them and I'm in New York. It essentially just opened my text message app on my phone with their phone number typed in already. You can try just texting the number in my screenshot.
Just reporting back that your suggestion worked great! I got a response in less than 5 min!

So for anyone who might be interested, you can indeed have a scooter delivered to bell services without being present. Hoping it’s not one of those “say one thing when in practice it’s another” kind of situations and in reality this can’t be done! My mom is renting from Gold’s so I’m sure they can give her more info.

Just reporting back that your suggestion worked great! I got a response in less than 5 min!

So for anyone who might be interested, you can indeed have a scooter delivered to bell services without being present. Hoping it’s not one of those “say one thing when in practice it’s another” kind of situations and in reality this can’t be done! My mom is renting from Gold’s so I’m sure they can give her more info.
Confirming this is absolutely possible - we have done it the last 5 or so times we've stayed at the Swan.

I use this frequently and have never had an issue picking up or dropping off at bell services.

I have a rather odd question. Is the Dolphin front desk staffers 24 hours a day? I ask as we are going to be leaving to go back to MCO pretty early in the morning at the end of our trip, (before 5am). I had planned to use Mears express but have been hearing bad things about them not showing for pick up’s so am thinking of just using a taxi to return to airport. Just want to know if there will be staffing in Dolphin lobby at such an early hour to get a taxi called. Thanks in advance for any info.

I have a rather odd question. Is the Dolphin front desk staffers 24 hours a day? I ask as we are going to be leaving to go back to MCO pretty early in the morning at the end of our trip, (before 5am). I had planned to use Mears express but have been hearing bad things about them not showing for pick up’s so am thinking of just using a taxi to return to airport. Just want to know if there will be staffing in Dolphin lobby at such an early hour to get a taxi called. Thanks in advance for any info.
Yes - there’s always been someone there.

Last edited:
Thanks to all that responded to my previous question. I was also wondering what grocery delivery service people have used with the Dolphin. Just looking for things like water, sunscreen and maybe a few snacks. I have used Garden Grocer in the past but just wondering if places like Walmart or Amazon also will deliver to the Dolphin. Thanks in advance for any info.

Thanks to all that responded to my previous question. I was also wondering what grocery delivery service people have used with the Dolphin. Just looking for things like water, sunscreen and maybe a few snacks. I have used Garden Grocer in the past but just wondering if places like Walmart or Amazon also will deliver to the Dolphin. Thanks in advance for any info.
Just used Walmart, no issues with delivery. I instructed them to deliver to bell services and I called later that night and bell services delivered my stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter