Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I checked in for Reserve for arrival tomorrow on the Bonvoy app, about an hour later the reservation in MDE (which has been linked correctly for 6 months) disappeared. I had to renter the confirmation number and even link my family members all over again. Hopefully it stays linked now. Thanks to everyone who mentioned that would happen to take care of it ahead of time.

I just booked the Swan for 3 nights in November with the MMP discount (my son works for Marriott) and I had to pay a much larger deposit than I have had to pay in the past 2 years with that discount code. Total stay is $1219 and they made me pay $1092. It's not a huge deal, but if the price goes down and I modify the reservation to capture the lower price, what will happen if my new total is less than the $1092 that I already paid? Will they give me a refund? I'm not saying it's going to happen, but we are several months out and it's possible.

Question… if I booked a 2 bedroom suite at swan reserve through Disney what is the best way for me to request an Epcot view room?

should I call Disney? Or should I reach out to the hotel directly ? Or just wait until day of arrival ?

I just booked the Swan for 3 nights in November with the MMP discount (my son works for Marriott) and I had to pay a much larger deposit than I have had to pay in the past 2 years with that discount code. Total stay is $1219 and they made me pay $1092. It's not a huge deal, but if the price goes down and I modify the reservation to capture the lower price, what will happen if my new total is less than the $1092 that I already paid? Will they give me a refund? I'm not saying it's going to happen, but we are several months out and it's possible.
I don't see why they wouldn't. I've always gotten a refund of any deposit paid when I've had to cancel.

@Kazi7 I would think so, but not sure how the MMP rate works, if you are on Reddit check out r/marriott/ that groups seems to have a lot of Marriott employees that might know more about the MMP rate.

@DonTheDuck probably through Disney, but it depends on the room. SDR sells rooms based on Balcony/View/No View - but I don't recall how Disney markets/sells them. The best bet when booking Marriott is to always book the view you want, pixie dust doesn't help as much when it comes to views. Part of my thinks Disney would get at least view rooms. I'd probably try both. You download the Swan Dolphin Mobile App click on I'm on Property and try the Text Us! feature.

Just back from a 4 night stay at Dolphin. Posted a longer overall review on the Just Back thread but here are some of my comments specific to the Dolphin...

First time here. We loved being able to walk to 2 parks. We had great weather but I imagine the walk to HS in the middle of the day in the summer might be pretty painful. Really no shade and it's probably a 3/4 mile walk. Hotel was a good value compared to the price of the 3 Disney resorts in that area, but it's definitely generic and has a convention vibe. I found I did miss the theming of a Disney Resort and feeling like I was fully in the Disney bubble. Bus to AK was quick. You are dropped off in a weird spot but it's close to the entrance. We walked to the Boardwalk to get the MK bus to avoid the TTC.

The quick service Fuel was great. They open at 6am and they have Mickey waffles which were way better than the ones I got at Beach Club Marketplace. We loved Shula's bar for drinks. And our dinner at bluezoo was our best meal of the trip.

We did have IT issues but not sure how many were related to the Dolphin. Reservation stayed linked, even after check in, but then dropped when we were trying to book Genie+. Later in the week I kept getting logged out of MDE. We did not have any problems using our magic bands for early entry or deluxe evening hours entry. I did online check in but when we went to the parks that first morning the tickets wouldn't work and we had to go to guest services for them to "issue" the tickets?? It didn't matter b/c we were entering the parks around 11am so no big guest services lines, but I'd have been really upset if I had been trying to get in for rope drop and I was in a hurry and that happened. After spending time on these boards I expected IT issues but it was still annoying.

There are a couple of beachfront locations we like (Navarre Beach and Pensacola Beach) that we book regularly with points and I watch those like a hawk.

*out of topic sorry! *

What are the beach resorts you like there? I’m always looking for new beach destinations.

Ah! That may be the problem...I have 2 in Dolphin room (we're on F & F list) but only me at SSR...

It's just when I tried to link everything incl Park Tix/ Plans in MDE that everything stalled.

Thanks for your help.:flower1:
I just called Swan to get confirmation number as I booked through snap travel. Only a couple minutes wait I am the only guest booked for first two nights but I had to add another guest to MDE for it to accept my hotel reservation. Very strange. It only shows my first 2 nights on MDE but says the second reservation is there for next 3 nights. Unable to link because in 2 different room categories

*out of topic sorry! *

What are the beach resorts you like there? I’m always looking for new beach destinations.
I stayed at the Hilton in Pensacola Beach end of Sep/early Oct and it was really nice. I would’ve stayed at the Marriott resort but it was still closed for refurbishment after a hurricane a few years ago. It was scheduled to reopen a month after our trip.
That was my first time going to Pensacola Beach (we normally go to PCB because that’s where I went growing up) and it was for a fishing trip for work. It’s very small and quaint in comparison. It was off season of course, but we absolutely loved it. We didn’t get to spend any time on the mainland but I’m sure it’s really nice and more lively if you want that kind of thing.

What did you think of SR? We are doing a split stay over Spring Break. We have WL and then have both SR and Swan booked for our second half of the trip. I have never stayed at any Swolphin resorts, so I have no idea which we should pick. The SR is $15 more per night, so almost no difference in cost. We have standard non-view rooms booked.
I would prefer the Swan over the Reserve. I think the Reserve is still taking care of opening 'bugs'.

Is mobile key working for Dolphin? I'm here now, had our cards stop working, went back down to check in to get it fixed only find they still don't work... Thought i could use the app, but there's no option for mobile key. I've chatted with Marriott and they've resent the link to me several times, but nothing changes. This is what my app looks like. Doesn't line up with the image Marriott has in their faq. Screenshot_20220307-131836__01.jpg

I would prefer the Swan over the Reserve. I think the Reserve is still taking care of opening 'bugs'.
We are at the Reserve since Saturday. Everything has been completely flawless. No issues with MDE, booking Genie plus, or early entry access. The service has been impeccable. Response to chats for service, etc have been extremely prompt and accommodating. The hotel is beautiful. I think they may finally have worked out the bugs!

Is mobile key working for Dolphin? I'm here now, had our cards stop working, went back down to check in to get it fixed only find they still don't work... Thought i could use the app, but there's no option for mobile key. I've chatted with Marriott and they've resent the link to me several times, but nothing changes. This is what my app looks like. Doesn't line up with the image Marriott has in their faq. View attachment 652671
We were there in oct and I could not get mobile key to work. Went to the desk and did the same thing even got an alert it was sent but could never access it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter