• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I am pretty sure that you can do what you are thinking. But I'd call Costco Travel and ask to make 100% sure. Looking over my confirmation email I don't see why I couldn't have attached the ticket code to any magic band I wanted to (for example).
Thanks for the information! I've talked to costco travel in regards to a few times and I get the impression they don't really understand the linking to MDE and Magic Bands. But maybe I'll check one more time to be safe.

DH would say the view we had in January :)

u57zHdpl.jpg
soooo.... I'm looking to make my extended families trips the best they can be..... since we all have regular rooms booked, and I know the drill is to ask at checkin for a pretty view (if available and very nicely lol) I should instruct the fam at checkin to ask for a higher floor and view of the resort if at all possible? That way they have a better shot at least of something cool off in the distance,rather than just a roof like this one? I always ask,just in case something pretty is available, 3 times out of four they give us something nice,not sure if it's b/c I asked or if it's already in the system

Or how would you feel if they just raised rates by $25 and said it was to cover parking fees, when you never park? While I understand your logic, there is a point when I can see why they charge for parking for those that actually use it. But let's face it, "it's all about the money" more than anything else.
Yes, what I'm saying is that the cost of parking should be included in the room rate. And yes, you're right. It's all about the money.

You have to other options to call. Call S/D and talk with them first.
Second Call Costco Travel and get them working on it if S/D can't. If it was with in 10 days of booking I'd say hold on but at this point you shouldn't have any issues.
Thanks to everyone for their kind replies. It has really helped me get through this long period of waiting to link my reservation!

I was finally able to sort of link my Swan reservation to MDE. Today tried again to do so from my Chrome browser on my PC and got the same "unable to find your reservation" message as usual. Then I happened to try from my iPhone and surprisingly Disney was able to find my reservation. Well, sort of! Neither my husband nor either of my children were listed on the reservation that was found. They were just listed as SD_GUEST_2, etc. In my original reservation made through Costco, their names are listed correctly. I was able to select them from my "Family and Friends" menu in MDE, but now I am afraid I won't be able to make Fastpass+ reservations for them when the 60 day window opens up. :-( Additionally, I get the message "Temporarily unable to retrieve additional details about this reservation" when I try to view it in MDE.

I guess it is back to the phones!

Additionally, I get the message "Temporarily unable to retrieve additional details about this reservation" when I try to view it in MDE.
Honestly the whole MDE system is pretty bad. Give it a day and you may find it resolves the issues. I had several hicups but by waiting a day each time they were resolved the following day.

One night at Trader Sam's we met a couple of off duty CMs and they both didn't speak highly of MDE. Another CM at MK said about the same thing when we had trouble trying to make another FP+ we ended up using the kiosk instead of the app.

Hang in there!

Okay, everyone. I should have called Disney before I posted again. I called the Disney web support number which shoreward was so kind to post. I got in touch with a very helpful person who checked my reservation in the Disney system for me. She said it was normal that the guests came in as SD_GUEST_2, etc. and that I did the right thing to just change them to my family members as I linked it. She also said that the "additional details" are never available for Swan and Dolphin reservations. She said there should be no problem making fastpasses.

So, I am trusting her and am going to try to relax about the whole thing. Hopefully this info will help someone else who is new to staying at Swan or Dolphin.

Thanks again, everyone!
Mary

Thanks to everyone for their kind replies. It has really helped me get through this long period of waiting to link my reservation!

I was finally able to sort of link my Swan reservation to MDE. Today tried again to do so from my Chrome browser on my PC and got the same "unable to find your reservation" message as usual. Then I happened to try from my iPhone and surprisingly Disney was able to find my reservation. Well, sort of! Neither my husband nor either of my children were listed on the reservation that was found. They were just listed as SD_GUEST_2, etc. In my original reservation made through Costco, their names are listed correctly. I was able to select them from my "Family and Friends" menu in MDE, but now I am afraid I won't be able to make Fastpass+ reservations for them when the 60 day window opens up. :-( Additionally, I get the message "Temporarily unable to retrieve additional details about this reservation" when I try to view it in MDE.

I guess it is back to the phones!

It sounds as if you have it correctly linked. You had to add the names from your friends and family to convert the guest 1, guest 2, etc. Do a test run for today's date and see if it allows you to book a FP+--just pick a park and take the first one that pops up. If it allows you to select all of the members of your party and you can confirm the FP+, you are good to go--just be sure to cancel it when it works.

You will probably never be able to see the "details" of your reservation on MDE because it isn't a "Disney Reservation" per se. If your number linked and it shows your hotel properly and dates, that is all the detail you are going to see--or at least that has been my experience.

Let us know when you do a test FP+ and your results.

Okay, everyone. I should have called Disney before I posted again. I called the Disney web support number which shoreward was so kind to post. I got in touch with a very helpful person who checked my reservation in the Disney system for me. She said it was normal that the guests came in as SD_GUEST_2, etc. and that I did the right thing to just change them to my family members as I linked it. She also said that the "additional details" are never available for Swan and Dolphin reservations. She said there should be no problem making fastpasses.

So, I am trusting her and am going to try to relax about the whole thing. Hopefully this info will help someone else who is new to staying at Swan or Dolphin.

Thanks again, everyone!
Mary

Oops, I replied at the same time--guess I was correct.

Thanks again, everyone!
Mary

Oops, I replied at the same time--guess I was correct.

Just confirming again that this is absolutely true. You can put your fears to rest!

If your number linked and it shows your hotel properly and dates, that is all the detail you are going to see--or at least that has been my experience.
This is how it worked for me too and all I really needed.

Also you won't find it showing on the SPG app either, but the team at S/D can set it to show up - if that matters.

Dan't photo is the same as the walk in shower I had in a king room at the Swan in December.

Well, we did it. We stayed at AKL for 3 nights because the Swan and Dolphin were full. While it is a gorgeous resort and our partial savannah view room was steal (in WDW terms), it just does not compare to the convenience of the Swan (and Dolphin). The buses were terrible. Looking forward to a return trip to the Swan.

Now, for a 6 night stay during that timeframe:
Included Extras
  • Two-category upgrade to a newly renovated Fireworks-View Room (reflected in price)
  • $100 resort credit (per room, per stay)
  • Complimentary upgrade to a Park Hopper® Plus Ticket provides access to Disney's Water Parks

For as much pimping of the Costco deals as I do, you'd think I work for them. I promise, I don't have any ties whatsoever. I just remember planning for my first trip, and not understanding why Swan and Dolphin Costco deals were seemingly "unknown." But then, I read, I think in Unofficial Guide, that, there's way too many ppl to disperse info to. Those that scour the web for info are few and far between, so no matter how many ppl you try to tell to get there for rope drop, or, no matter how many ppl you try to tell to plan qs meals at "off" times...

Sorry for the rambling, but this Costo deal appears to be getting snapped up. Two nights ago, I was checking dates just for fun, and there was plenty of availability. Last night, I checked 10 different date sets, and nothing. Again, the qualifying dates are not going to help me (%^^&*%$!!!!) Just trying to help others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter