Walking to downtown Disney from Park Vue

karelle

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We'll be in Disneyland next week! :thumbsup2

The first day we're there, we aren't going to be going into the park, but would like to spend some time in Downtown Disney, and go to the Rainforest Cafe. We will be staying at the Park Vue Inn, and I was wondering if there was a way to cut through the esplanade to Downtown Disney, or if we'll have to go all the way down Harbor to Katella and around? Not a huge deal if we do have to walk around, but if there's a faster way, I'd love to know about it! :)

Also, should I be trying to get a reservation for dinner at Rainforest Cafe? Or is that only for high season?

Thanks for any help!

You can cut right through.

If you are going on a weekend I would get reservation. If you're going on a weekday you probably won't need one.

We're going next week too!!

We always have dinner at the Rainforest Cafe on our first night in Anaheim. We have gone on both Sunday and Monday nights (for the past 6 years), and we have had to wait every time.....at least 30 minutes. I would make a reservation. Even if you call from your hotel room when you arrive, it might save you some waiting.

Hi all! We'll be in Disneyland next week! :thumbsup2

The first day we're there, we aren't going to be going into the park, but would like to spend some time in Downtown Disney, and go to the Rainforest Cafe. We will be staying at the Park Vue Inn, and I was wondering if there was a way to cut through the esplanade to Downtown Disney, or if we'll have to go all the way down Harbor to Katella and around? Not a huge deal if we do have to walk around, but if there's a faster way, I'd love to know about it! :)

Also, should I be trying to get a reservation for dinner at Rainforest Cafe? Or is that only for high season?

Thanks for any help!

As noted just walk across the Eslanade. You will have to go through the security check so this can add some time if you are walking to breakfast the rest of the day maybe a minute or two.

As suggested I would make a reservation, RFC you have to call directly, you can't make the reservation through Disney Dining.

Thanks everyone! We'll be in town Tuesday, and since we aren't going to the park that day (we're going Wed/Thurs/Fri), we'll hang out in DD. I've never been to Rainforest Cafe, but I'm guessing my 6yo son will love it.

Any other recommendations for stuff to do/see that's around the area within a mile?

Thanks everyone! We'll be in town Tuesday, and since we aren't going to the park that day (we're going Wed/Thurs/Fri), we'll hang out in DD. I've never been to Rainforest Cafe, but I'm guessing my 6yo son will love it.

Any other recommendations for stuff to do/see that's around the area within a mile?

Well for a little over $10 per person you could add an extra day in the parks.

If you have a car or want to take the bus you can go to the character warehouse. It's not in walking distance.

If son likes legos you may spend a lot of time in the lego store.

We've already purchased the three day park hopper tickets. It's possible to add a day? How do I go about doing that?

We've already purchased the three day park hopper tickets. It's possible to add a day? How do I go about doing that?

It's real easy to add days. Before the end of the three day just stop at a ticket booth. No rush as long as you haven't used all of the three day, so just do it when the ticket booth's don't have lines like in the morning.

You pay the difference between what you paid and a four day.

We will be at the Park Vue next wed-fri as well!!!

You should be fine without a ressie on a Tuesday night off season!

It's real easy to add days. Before the end of the three day just stop at a ticket booth. No rush as long as you haven't used all of the three day, so just do it when the ticket booth's don't have lines like in the morning.

You pay the difference between what you paid and a four day.

Thanks so much! We've decided to add the extra day. I had no clue...thought since we'd chosen the three day we were stuck, unless we wanted to pay for a one day ticket. Yay! :cool1:

We will be at the Park Vue next wed-fri as well!!!

You should be fine without a ressie on a Tuesday night off season!
Cool! Have you stayed there before? I'm a little nervous, as everyone here really loves HOJO. Hoping for the best!

Thanks so much! We've decided to add the extra day. I had no clue...thought since we'd chosen the three day we were stuck, unless we wanted to pay for a one day ticket. Yay! :cool1:

Cool! Have you stayed there before? I'm a little nervous, as everyone here really loves HOJO. Hoping for the best!

No this will be our first stay there, but I have friends that have stayed recently and loved it. I stayed at HOJO's once and it was ok, nothing spectacular. I know it's popular here but it's not my first choice.

I am looking forward to our stay at the Park Vue!

If you add a day to your ticket, you will pay the difference between what you paid and the gate price of the ticket you are upgrading to. So you will lose the prepurchase discount.

So if you paid $169 for the three-day, you will have to pay $40 to upgrade to a 4-day.

If you add a day to your ticket, you will pay the difference between what you paid and the gate price of the ticket you are upgrading to. So you will lose the prepurchase discount.

So if you paid $169 for the three-day, you will have to pay $40 to upgrade to a 4-day.

Wouldn't it be $32 per adult ($26 for my son) rather than $40? Isn't the regular price $201? Or is it higher than that at the ticket booth? So, it'd really be $90 extra for all of us to get in the extra day.

Wouldn't it be $32 per adult ($26 for my son) rather than $40? Isn't the regular price $201? Or is it higher than that at the ticket booth? So, it'd really be $90 extra for all of us to get in the extra day.

Yes $201 is the adult gate price of a 4 day hopper, so subtract what you have already paid from that.

Yes it is $201 until April 14th ($231 after that). I am not sure how I ended up with $40, you are right it is $32.

We'll be at Park Vue next week too! We arrive on monday afternoon and leave on Thursday morning. Its our first stay there and we are really excited. Our plans are DTD on Monday afternoon (catching a movie, shopping, and dinner). Then going to the parks on Tuesday & Wednesday and leaving on Thursday morning to come back home. DDs have dance clas on Thursdays so we need to be home before class!

Just wanted to update...we decided to go to the gate and see what they'd charge for the extra day. We weren't going to do it at $90 because we weren't there until after noon...but they gave it to us for the difference of the web rate ($37 for the three of us)! Yay! We're so glad we had that extra (half) day, because DS got sick and we ended up having to spend a day at the hotel while he recuperated.

We'll be at Park Vue next week too! We arrive on monday afternoon and leave on Thursday morning. Its our first stay there and we are really excited. Our plans are DTD on Monday afternoon (catching a movie, shopping, and dinner). Then going to the parks on Tuesday & Wednesday and leaving on Thursday morning to come back home. DDs have dance clas on Thursdays so we need to be home before class!

We stayed at HOJO and made this walk. It was not to bad for the adults. But we had ressies at Goofy's Kitchen and the kids were not happy to walk that far.

We stayed at HOJO and made this walk. It was not to bad for the adults. But we had ressies at Goofy's Kitchen and the kids were not happy to walk that far.

We didnt walk from PVI to DTD. We just parked at the DTD parking since it wasnt time for check in at the hotel & we only got there with about 5 minutes to spare before the movie we were seeing started. You get 3 hrs of free parking, the 2 extra hours if you get your parking ticket validated at the theater or a sit down restaurant. So we had 5 hours of free parking, which was plenty of time to see the movie & shop at DTD. We checked into our hotel afterwards and had dinner at IHOP.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest