• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walkers - isnt it great to be able to get out there?!

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Really started last week.
I have time to walk before work in the morning - great way to start the day.
And I make time to walk after work and before dinner - good way to end the day
And I dont feel like Im missing out too much on the nicer weather

I walk about 2miles/day (14miles/wk) but last wk I walked even more - I love the fresh air

Well I've been going out after work for a nice leisurely walk with the labbie. I noticed this morning at 5:30 that the sun was up and the birds were chirping so time to get in my 4 mile power walk before work. I go with my neighbor who is a fitness instructor and she is TOUGH and MEAN! In past years we would go through the entire winter but I told her I'm going to be 42 I just can't do it any more, please don't make me - lol! Oh well we will start in tomorrow and see how many early mornings I can get up now that I'm working and not a SAHM. I used to nap in the afternoons or go back to bed after the kids got on the bus! I need to lose some winter lbs.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! 2 miles today!!!
sport-smiley-009.gif

*sigh*

it will be awhile yet before the snow's left the north end of 'the farm'.....I am SOooooo looking forward to being able to hit the track again!

I usually will go about 1/2 hr before "sunrise" (you can still see) and do 2-4 miles before work weekdays....on a good day I'll do another 2 miles at lunch...my target is 5 miles per day, or more.

Thank Grooschness for my walkman and my WDW CD's....that's when I find my "thoughtful spot" :)

In the winter I'll do Treadmill and Lifecycle for cardio....but it's just not the same as being out in the air!

When the weather moves from spring to summer, I love to get up on the weekends after dawn breaks and go for a walk. Just me, the rising sun and the singing birds. It's a time of day that makes me really feel at peace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter